Beyond Loch Ness Reviews

½ June 10, 2009
After an Immaculate conception, Miss Ness moves to America to have her kiddies. The monster is killing everything she sees as she is protecting her babies. But a-ha in comes a noted cryptozoologist (is that a word?) to rescue.

This movie had some action, but it stinks as a movie. Not logical at all, and the teenagers kissing at the end was so inappropriate.
½ September 11, 2008
Tired of chewing down overweight, heroin filled Scotsmen, the Loch Ness Monster decides to take a little vacation in America. After a fantastic and incredibly moving back story we are shoved into generic situation after generic situation. However I would be mightily pissed if it did try anything new. These creature features are like those old painting books where you just used water. You really have no control creatively and they take no talent. But I used to enjoy them. So the CGI is pretty nice for something that should be so poor, but what really destroys the illusion is the constant swapping back and forth between CGI monster and puppets. They're a completely different colour and shape for crying out loud. One must also praise the cinematic symmetry between the "monster" and "hero". The latter's only satisfaction can come from becoming the monster himself and committing the exact sin that the monster committed all those years ago. However since he plans on wiping out the entire family he is sparing the monster from the pain he has suffered. Not only is it gratifying but also he shows mercy. It all ends with a classic monster movie ending of "Well everybody we cared about is dead, but that doesn't mean we can't end on a joke".
October 10, 2011
One of SyFy's best sea creature flicks. Very enjoyable.
November 22, 2009
I got everything I wanted out of this silly but fun B-movie. A horrifying creature, some cool kills, just enough plot, and a slight sense of humor.
½ May 27, 2008
Don't let the name fool you! Don't worry! It doesn't take place in Scotland!!! You know, why would you think it would!?!?!? It obviously takes place in Lake Superior, idiot. Obviously Nessy is lost and got there through a magnetic mud puddle, IDIOT.
May 2, 2008
I didnt think it was to bad.. acting could have been a little better and some of the stuff seemed far fetched
½ November 6, 2013
Poor effects and bland characters, but a fun monster romp. Though it's predictable and slow at times, it still uses a small amount of gore and plenty of monster action. Otherwise, it's the usual Sci-fi channel shlock.
½ November 21, 2012
Possibly one of the best ' Loch Ness Monster films that I've seen. Lots of fun.
October 10, 2011
One of SyFy's best sea creature flicks. Very enjoyable.
½ February 25, 2011