Beyond Re-Animator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beyond Re-Animator Reviews

November 15, 2015
What can I say im a sucker for the Re Animator series even if this is the worst one. Very much in the same vein as Evil Dead 2 with a very perverted sense of humor. It may be mediocre in comparison to the first installment or Bride of Re Animator but it's still got a good amount of gore and laughs so it's totally worth the watch.
½ October 7, 2015
Funnier than the first movie, but not better overall.
April 30, 2015
It's cheap... very cheap. That's to be expected since this was a direct-to-Sci-Fi-Channel movie. For that, it's actually one of the better and more memorable ones (along with Dog Soldiers and Sharknado). However, it's just a retread with basically the same exact stuff happening, only this time in a prison. There are really no new twists, other than Dr. West discovering how to make the zombies human again by giving them soul medicine or something. It was kind of dumb. It's a basic Brian Yuzna movie with some nice effects, cheap looking sets, and blondes. It could have been worse, and that's the highest praise it can get. Only worth checking out if you still need a Re-Animator fix after the first two movies.
½ October 27, 2014
Weakest of the three, but had some good moments.
May 11, 2014
Similar for sure, but nowhere near the pure awesomeness of the original. Hilarous, yet unnecessary, but again hilarious. The story drags on forever by throwing in scenes based soley on shock value, making it seem like each scene is an attempt to out do the last in craziness. If you liked the first film enough you will find some good in this one and if you are just looking for a weird movie to pass the time this will do. Caution: A rat fights a penis in this movie!!
½ April 16, 2014
So bad, it's hilariously funny! Somewhat like Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness, but not as good, not as witty.
December 31, 2013
Not quite up to the original, but Jeffery combs was born for this role and it's a delight to watch him play it.
February 10, 2013
Dr West is alive and and now been imprisoned in Massachusetts for the previous 14 years. The film was actually shot in Spain with Spanish extras, so it looks like the only post Civil Rights era prison in America with no Blacks. A child witnesses part of the Miskatonic Massacre seeing a zombie kill his sister and later finding some of the reanimation fluid in a syringe. Years later he gets a job at the prison as a doctor where Dr West is kept in order to help him with with his research. A new formula is created so the reanimated can have a more normal life. Some good humor and gore, but being filmed overseas does distract as too much is obviously not America no matter how hard they tried to make it look so. Slightly better than the previous, but not as good as the first. Elsa Pataky is super-hot and penis v. rat is awesome.
June 17, 2013
A solid third instalment
May 13, 2013
Not as good as the first and a bit slow in the first half. It has enough difference from the first to be not just a straight re-make type sequel and there are some nice homages and gory additions to the story.
May 1, 2013
Not as good as the first one, but I loved it none-the-less. Can't compare it to Bride of Re-animator because I haven't see it yet. Major bummer, I hate seeing movies out of sequence. Anyways, 4 stars hands down. It was gory, funny, and a down right exciting horror flick. If you like horror/comedies, then I recommend this. Especially if you have a squeamish wife or girlfriend.
½ April 11, 2013
An entertaining sequel, but nothing outstanding. It may be a little more tongue-in-cheek than the original, displaying a battle between a mouse and a penis, but everything that is wrong about this film is made up for by Jeffrey Combs' inspired performance.
March 17, 2013
The Actors are almost as deplorable as the characters they are playing. This films obviously never heard of something called "subtlety". Jeffrey Combs was the only thing redeemable this film had, so unless your a diehard fan of his works you should avoid this film entirely
½ March 7, 2013
really good for a TV movie. That is all.
½ March 2, 2013
I feel as though I am doing the 'Re-animator' franchise a disservice as this being the third entry but the first one that I have seen. Marvellously over the top with a suitably deranged performance from Jeffrey Combs that has left me wanting more, I think a trip to the beginning of the franchise is on the horizon.
½ February 2, 2013
An unfortunate slide in quality, but it's a Re-Animator movie, the DVD has the most hilarious music video ever and a rat fights a sentient severed penis. A SENTIENT SEVERED PENIS!
½ January 14, 2013
Fun but no where near the excellence of the first two. Still its way better than most modern B movies could dream of being.
½ December 19, 2012
Better than the second film, but not quite as good as the original. Jeffrey Combs gives an excellent performance as the driven and demented Herbert West.
½ November 22, 2012
Combs saves another one...
November 10, 2012
A shitty sequel, no doubt. And yet, I'm strangely drawn to it.