Movies Like Beyond Re-Animator

100% Orphan Black: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Beyond Re-Animator Reviews

December 31, 2013
Not quite up to the original, but Jeffery combs was born for this role and it's a delight to watch him play it.
February 10, 2013
Dr West is alive and and now been imprisoned in Massachusetts for the previous 14 years. The film was actually shot in Spain with Spanish extras, so it looks like the only post Civil Rights era prison in America with no Blacks. A child witnesses part of the Miskatonic Massacre seeing a zombie kill his sister and later finding some of the reanimation fluid in a syringe. Years later he gets a job at the prison as a doctor where Dr West is kept in order to help him with with his research. A new formula is created so the reanimated can have a more normal life. Some good humor and gore, but being filmed overseas does distract as too much is obviously not America no matter how hard they tried to make it look so. Slightly better than the previous, but not as good as the first. Elsa Pataky is super-hot and penis v. rat is awesome.
Billy T
June 17, 2013
A solid third instalment
May 13, 2013
Not as good as the first and a bit slow in the first half. It has enough difference from the first to be not just a straight re-make type sequel and there are some nice homages and gory additions to the story.
Tony Eddard Stark
May 1, 2013
Not as good as the first one, but I loved it none-the-less. Can't compare it to Bride of Re-animator because I haven't see it yet. Major bummer, I hate seeing movies out of sequence. Anyways, 4 stars hands down. It was gory, funny, and a down right exciting horror flick. If you like horror/comedies, then I recommend this. Especially if you have a squeamish wife or girlfriend.
April 11, 2013
An entertaining sequel, but nothing outstanding. It may be a little more tongue-in-cheek than the original, displaying a battle between a mouse and a penis, but everything that is wrong about this film is made up for by Jeffrey Combs' inspired performance.
March 17, 2013
The Actors are almost as deplorable as the characters they are playing. This films obviously never heard of something called "subtlety". Jeffrey Combs was the only thing redeemable this film had, so unless your a diehard fan of his works you should avoid this film entirely
March 7, 2013
really good for a TV movie. That is all.
March 2, 2013
I feel as though I am doing the 'Re-animator' franchise a disservice as this being the third entry but the first one that I have seen. Marvellously over the top with a suitably deranged performance from Jeffrey Combs that has left me wanting more, I think a trip to the beginning of the franchise is on the horizon.
February 2, 2013
An unfortunate slide in quality, but it's a Re-Animator movie, the DVD has the most hilarious music video ever and a rat fights a sentient severed penis. A SENTIENT SEVERED PENIS!
January 14, 2013
Fun but no where near the excellence of the first two. Still its way better than most modern B movies could dream of being.
December 19, 2012
Better than the second film, but not quite as good as the original. Jeffrey Combs gives an excellent performance as the driven and demented Herbert West.
November 22, 2012
Combs saves another one...
November 10, 2012
A shitty sequel, no doubt. And yet, I'm strangely drawn to it.
October 13, 2012
Herbert West Re-Animates Again--Tons of campy fun!!
August 4, 2012
im a fan of the re-animator series but this is the weakest of the 3,that doesnt mean this is a bad film mind and fans of the previous 2 will still have a ball with this,it still has the directors tounge in cheek horror comedy and brilliant special effects but the story isnt as interesting as previous instalments. jeffery combs again is great in the west role but the supporting actors are pretty poor. extra marks as well for the reanimator euro trance number in the credits!
The Critic
August 2, 2012
This third instalment in the 'Re-Animator' franchise (following on from 1985's 'Re-Animator' and 1990's 'Bride of Re-Animator) is as visually unappealing as its predecessors and features some worse-than-typical performances. Admittedly, the film isn't by any means terrible (the effects are impressive enough) but it isn't very good either.
July 5, 2012
Suitably depraved, disgusting and funny entry to the Re-Animator series
June 22, 2012
well, they got the over the top part right, as well as the black humor. shame it dive-bombs so hard that it hits schlock territory too often.
May 28, 2012
This is good, but still it could have been a little better...I have to say the opening scene was wonderful...I was expecting a lot more gore throughout the film.