Beyond Sherwood Forest Reviews

½ January 12, 2014
Kind of dull at times, but some good ideas to fantasy up Robin Hood. Alas, I wish they took more cues from "Game of Thrones" and had been darker with story. Presentation is very uninspired, they needed a director with precision point vision. Erica Durance is made for fantasy. Julian Sands continues to be the poor man's Jeremy Irons and we love him for it.
March 23, 2013
As a SyFy channel movie, you know that budget is low and consequently, in most cases, acting quality is below average too. I found the acting to be acceptable here, but the CGI was fairly bad. I liked the addition of the creature to the tale of Robin Hood; I feel it gave it a nice twist and a little pop to spark my interest. Decent for what it is.
January 16, 2011
This is perhaps the strangest take on the story of Robin Hood that I have ever watched. What is up with that crazy rip between two worlds in Sherwood Forest and why hasn't it ever been mentioned before? The last 5 minutes between Marian and Robin Hood were cute but don't make up for the rest of the problems with the plot, the acting and the special effects. I highly recommend skipping this one.
½ December 26, 2009
Decent acting by a good cast, despite being borrowed from across the Stargate franchise, with somewhat believable British accents. The script takes an otherwise ho-hum swords and sorcery story to the level of mildly interesting by inserting it into the very flexible Robin Hood mythos. Overall, this film is better than many, but not as good as many more. However, it is on par, if not slightly better, than much of what Syfy/Scifi has churned out in recent years.
½ June 6, 2014
WOW, what a waste of an hour & a half. This was not a good movie at all. It was an interesting concept on the classic Robin Hood story but it didn't have elements of a film that would make it enjoyable. I gave it 1+1/2 stars just for the actresses Erica Durance & Katharine Isabelle, whose roles as Lois Lane on 'Smallville' & as Ginger in the 'Ginger Snaps' films are memorable.
July 8, 2013
An awesome twist for the Robin Hood genre.
July 7, 2012
Interesting idea, but the scenes were to shortly cut and oddly jumbled. I liked the new take on Marian and her use in the story, and the sheriff could not have been more evil. I would have enjoyed it better without a demon from another world to mess up the story line, but, oh well. Not everything comes my way.