Beyond Sherwood Forest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beyond Sherwood Forest Reviews

½ June 6, 2014
WOW, what a waste of an hour & a half. This was not a good movie at all. It was an interesting concept on the classic Robin Hood story but it didn't have elements of a film that would make it enjoyable. I gave it 1+1/2 stars just for the actresses Erica Durance & Katharine Isabelle, whose roles as Lois Lane on 'Smallville' & as Ginger in the 'Ginger Snaps' films are memorable.
November 23, 2013
A could-be-cool little twist to the Robin Hood story.. to bad it doesn't really pay of. Nice to see Julian Sands and Katharine Isabelle again though.
½ January 12, 2014
Kind of dull at times, but some good ideas to fantasy up Robin Hood. Alas, I wish they took more cues from "Game of Thrones" and had been darker with story. Presentation is very uninspired, they needed a director with precision point vision. Erica Durance is made for fantasy. Julian Sands continues to be the poor man's Jeremy Irons and we love him for it.
July 8, 2013
An awesome twist for the Robin Hood genre.
March 23, 2013
As a SyFy channel movie, you know that budget is low and consequently, in most cases, acting quality is below average too. I found the acting to be acceptable here, but the CGI was fairly bad. I liked the addition of the creature to the tale of Robin Hood; I feel it gave it a nice twist and a little pop to spark my interest. Decent for what it is.
July 7, 2012
Interesting idea, but the scenes were to shortly cut and oddly jumbled. I liked the new take on Marian and her use in the story, and the sheriff could not have been more evil. I would have enjoyed it better without a demon from another world to mess up the story line, but, oh well. Not everything comes my way.
½ January 13, 2012
Not a bad movie, The dragon in it was a-little fake looking however the storyline was good.
December 29, 2011
One of those movies that you just watch for the amazing actress Katharine Isabelle
½ September 17, 2011
surprisingly not terrible for a made-for-TV movie
its a nice spin on the Robin Hood tale
it touches upon what the original story has based itself
good acting, average-looking effects, very bloody too
again I love Erica Durance getting some more range outside Smallville as the lovely, bold Marion
and Katherine Isabelle has a strong, tragic role to carry
Robin Dunne himself as Robin Hood himself isnt too shabby; he carries the right amount of charisma and acting chops
this is a good way to spend an hr and a half on, I guarentee you won't regret it
½ December 10, 2010
Just ridiculous! Stupid story and rubbish special effects. Don't waste your time.
May 30, 2011
Without a doubt, THE worst Robin Hood movie ever.
½ March 11, 2011
This is quite an odd take on the story of Robin Hood. It wasn't bad. just odd. I expected their acting to be worse. It was pretty good.
March 7, 2011
tried watching this. Just plain awful. Don't waste your time on it.
January 16, 2011
This is perhaps the strangest take on the story of Robin Hood that I have ever watched. What is up with that crazy rip between two worlds in Sherwood Forest and why hasn't it ever been mentioned before? The last 5 minutes between Marian and Robin Hood were cute but don't make up for the rest of the problems with the plot, the acting and the special effects. I highly recommend skipping this one.
January 9, 2011
Robin Hood meets lame sci-fi. This was terrible. Bad acting, bad effects, bad writing, bad plot... absolutely nothing to like about this.
October 16, 2010
Not really sure that this shoul be considered a Robin Hood film. I think they are just trying to ride the coattails a bit.
½ October 12, 2010
I love Robin Hood and Marian! Great flick.
½ July 20, 2010
July 12, 2010
Being a fan of Robin Hood, Erica Durance and Robin Dunne. I went into this film with mixed expectations.

Unlike Robin Hood of legend, this Robin finds himself taking on a giant dragon and dimension hopping. To be perfectly honest, as much as I love the Hood. This movie drug itself out and never really pushed itself to go anywhere.

Dunne plays an ok Robin Hood. He's done action and genre work before, but the script doesn't really let him shine as Robin.

Durance channels in probably one of the worst British accents I've ever heard. I love her on Smallville and her other lead roles, but here. She just doesn't work as Marian. Don't get me wrong she's got amazing sex appeal and that's one of the key draws to her as Lois Lane and she can handle action, but the script really doesn't do much with her.

It's an interesting concept, but even with a low budget. The movie could have been so much more.