60% The Maze Runner Sep 19

familiar s

October 23, 2013
Extremely disappointing.
July 17, 2014
It was just okayish. watchable once.
April 21, 2014
Brilliant, Inspirational, Farhan Akthar is brilliant
February 16, 2014
the best indian film ive seen in my liife
February 26, 2014
Thanks to Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Farhan Akhtar
July 31, 2013
#1
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag sets the standard for biopics in the Hindi Film Industry.
The story of Milkha Singh, is both inspirational and emotional at many levels.
From a boy who lost everything in the Partition, to a national hero who achieved the love and support of millions across the country. This is the story of THE FLYING SIKH.

Farhan Akhtar has to be appreciated for his immense dedication to this movie. His efforts in adapting to the character was commendable. And his performance was considerably good, the best in his career.
The script had a different and quite entertaining narrative style. Shifting through time periods with grace, and giving us a detailed account of what had transpired.
Prasoon Joshi, a job well done.
The soundtrack supported the emotions and situations of the movie quite well.

At the end of the movie, you will be forced to ask yourself one question.

Can you live through even after everything is ripped away from you ? With all the emotional burden, frustration and inner conflicts, even after losing everything, can you fight your way to success ?
Milkha Singh can.
And he sure did.
November 3, 2013
Mind-blown! Farhan steals the show...
July 14, 2013
The length of the film is simply overpowered by Farhan's steely performance as Milkha Singh and Bollywood withstanding the melodrama never gets to the point of being overdone. It is not the story of running and winning against all odds but rather the story of fighting our own fears and demons. It is not Rang De Basanti but it will do.
October 26, 2013
Don't understand the hooplah........
Okay, it was good. Some funny and emotional moments (with a lot of melodrama). But the movie was not great.
July 22, 2013
The themes of sports, history and emotion were linked in a creative manner throughout this film, and maintain a comfortable hold of the audience's emotions. Although Bhaag Milkha Bhaag did have subtle prominence of Bollywood melodrama, it also inspired charmingly.
sherry s.
October 12, 2013
A awesome movies, after watching this movie anyone would become a fan of milkha singh, and just after getting out of the theater you would wish to run now!
September 29, 2013
a very nic movie ....but censor board cud have done smthin .. :P
September 28, 2013
Farhan can be seen giving it his all in this biopic but I only wish other actors or the director or the team would have the done the same. The editng was pathetic. The scriptwriting was abysmal. Songs were okay but Sonam Kapoor was her usual self. Humour was placid. Length and pace was off. I really hope we make better films as a country. I am giving this movie any rating because of the hard work and art displayed by the lead actor.
September 23, 2013
superb!!do watch it even if you havn't ran a 100metre race in your junior classes yourself :D

the movie unravels the story of one of the few legends of indian athletics-milkha singh.
nice work by farhan and ably supported by sonam....the shift from the cute innocent love story between milkha(farhan) and biro (sonam) to the fight to outrun the world was really well scripted..hats off to Mr.Rakeysh omprash mehra and Mr.prasoon joshi for the brilliant and smart scripting and screenplay...it made the peaple stand and take notice of how much hard word,dedication and planning goes into winning a medal in athletic or any sport....it makes u realise even to win 100 metres race he trained like an ox and a horse for 100 miles day in and day out and used all his negative memories n thoughts from the killing of his family during india - pak partition or the lost of his love and how he channelised all that energy into reaching his goal...made us love and respect the flying sikh even more :)
brilliant work guys,just brilliant!!
Tony Stark
September 22, 2013
one of the most amazing biopics ever
September 20, 2013
A very well made movie by an ace director and a wonderful actor featuring the life of an ace Indian runner and Olympian Milkha Singh, 'The Flying Sikh'. Rakeysh has managed to show the athlete's childhood, upbringing, stints with love, struggle, training, losses and victories (both in sports and conquering the dark corner in the heart) beautifully without making it cumbersome and boring. The movie constantly shuffles between past, further past and present, but due to smart editing and direction, the final impact is not confusing but good. In fact, 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' is one of the best edited Indian film in spite of its duration of 3 hours and 9 minutes!

Any movie that covers the partition era is bound to have scenes entailing - mass massacre, bloodshed, loss of loved ones, children turning orphan, fear and trauma amongst civilians, violation of women etc. And for this very reason, many of us like to distance ourselves from such movies as it is very disturbing to watch such depictions again and again. All brownie points should be awarded to the makers of the movie to show it all, but in bits and pieces and with such adaptations that as an audience you tend to get the right message without cringing in your seat!

Dark corners created in our hearts during childhood are the most difficult ones to bear and cure and they haunt us throughout our lives effecting our participation and success in one or the other way. Curing such a devious dark corner is the focal point of this movie and it has been executed very effectively.
Hats off to Farhan Akhtar for pulling off such a difficult role i.e. a role that demanded the physicality of an ace athlete and expressions of a rustic north westerner who is not well educated, has seen the trauma and pain of partition of India and Pakistan and still has managed to transform himself into a gold medalist in spite of various barriers thrown in his way. It is difficult to imagine that Farhan is the same man who started his film career by directing the quintessential metro guy flick 'Dil Chahta Hai'. It goes without saying that this lad has grown miles and bounds as an actor as well as a person.

Actingwise, apart from Farhan, Divya Dutta and Pawan Malhotra have done very good job. Divya has simply stood out as the selfless motherly sister who simply adores her kid brother 'Milkha' and silently bears the struggles and exploitations of life suffered by the women of that era who had to bear the losses of partition as well as boisterous (read domestic violence) nature of their husbands. Pawan has also stood out as the loving and inspiring army officer who had a great hand in the making of 'Milkha'. He is very natural in emoting the expressions of judgement, pain, pride, kindness, victory etc.
September 20, 2013
Rakeysh Omprakash has done it again, he has gifted bollywood with another inspiring movie. Farkhan Akhtar has played his role beautifully too. Totally worth the money and time, and by time I mean 3 hours. Yes its a long movie, but i dont think you'll regret spending your 3 hours on this movie.
July 12, 2013
milkha misrepresented as a bollywood hero! :(