• R, 1 hr. 49 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Big Stan Reviews

Phil H

August 20, 2008
Very silly and predictable film that only seems to exsist to live out Schneider's fantasy of being a movie hard man for once. Although the fight scenes are actually pretty good and not spoofed too much, Schneider does actually seem to do the moves and is in good shape. Carradine is very hammy and rather poor, while the rest is just alot of gay sex jokes which does get kinda worrying after awhile.
arashxak
arashxak

March 12, 2009
I have a soft spot for comedies & specially silly cmedies & the first hour of Big Stan works for me as a silly comedy but after that it becomes annoying & annoying to the point of being nauseous & the only funny thing is that it tries to get serious too, Daivid Carradine is hilarious
Luke B

December 5, 2008
So stupid it becomes likeabe. The stupidity is a plus as Rob Schneider is sentenced to jail and fearing rape while he is on the inside, he decides to learn martial arts. For the majority of the film it doesn't make enough of it's bizarre premise. There's a few good jokes and some excellent moments, such as Schneider convincing the other convicts to give up rape. It actually handles race issues better thanmany serious dramas, using comedy to really highlight the absurdity. Schneider is fine in the role and I think he is actually an underated talent. At least he can be more contained than Sandler, Ferrel or carrey (in comedy films at least). A stupid film for lighthearted folks.
Lady D

August 25, 2008
Big Stan has it?s fair share of funny moments, filled with adult humour. This un-PC film has a realistic slant on prison life, whilst obviously putting a comical spin on it.

I feel it takes a little while to warm up, there were only a few laugh out loud moments, but I still found it a great original watch.
Brian D

March 11, 2008
Loved it.But really for Rob Schneider fans.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

September 21, 2011
Stanley (Rob Schneider) is married to the lovely Mindy and has a seven million dollar fortune. When he is arrested for fraud his crooked lawyer Lew Popper (M. Emmet Walsh) negotiates a six month delay before his incarceration begins. During this period, the mild mannered Stan, who is afraid of being raped in prison, (after all a first timer wussy is easy target for the lonely tough guys behind bars) hires the specialist in martial arts David Carradine as The Master to teach him self-defense and help prepare him to avoid the torturous experience by making himself undesirable.
brandonklaus2
brandonklaus2

August 30, 2009
I was only hoping for one laugh, but sadly it didn't happen. Schneider let my ass down.
Sylvester K

September 7, 2012
Really Really Really Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christopher B

July 21, 2009
Jail rape is funny. Period.
Rob Schneider embraces his Asian roots in this parody of martial arts and prison movies. A good cast (including Scott "Mr. Awesome" Wilson) make this an easy and enjoyable watch. To think, I thought I hated all Rob Schneider films (granted, this is the only one I've seen).
Matthew A

September 21, 2008
A very very strange movie. It has a mixture of lots of themes: comedy, martial arts beat em up, prison drama, prejudice/racism, strong language, randomness, etc etc.
Rob Schneider is a very good comedian. Perhaps this wasn't among his best films, but it was an all right movie. There were quite a few laughs, which is good; and martial arts add-on is great too, but then way too many other themes got thrown in. It just seems the film is all over the place. Still though, some of the randomness is nice.
I'd say it's worth a watch comedy. If you're a fan of Rob Schneider you should definitely like it.
roseypie
roseypie

August 24, 2008
Rob Schneider acts, produces and directs this comedy about a con man who forces himself to learn martial arts in order to protect himself before getting canned. It's not as funny as the trailer promised but since I'm a big Schneider fan (credits to his role on 50 first dates) I'm giving it a higher rating. lol. I was expecting Adam Sandler in a cameo role but instead, it was Mommy Schneider who had a bit part in this movie.
November 12, 2011
This is very funny, provided you actually have a sense of humor. I happen to enjoy a good anal rape joke or six.
RicC
July 13, 2010
comedy is a weird thing in the film world. comedy is so specific to people that you might never have a film that makes you laugh, or you might find cinematic humor in odd places. well, this film did it for me. i laughed my ass off, despite the horribly mediocre plot. the movie doersnt seem to be caring about its plot, only laughs, so ill give it credit for that. the amount of ass rape mentioned in this film is disturbing and hilarious. there is racist humor, sexism, homosexual jokes. then theres this minor plot that comes out of nowhere about training for martial arts. you cant see this movie and not laugh if youre the silly, immature adult.
November 22, 2009
Dumb, dumb, and more dumb! Did I mention that this was dumb? Rob Schneider plays a guy sent to jail and there he tries to be manly, and the usual prison jokes happen. Think the underrated Let's Go To Prison, as done by less capable everyones.
jam233
September 24, 2009
Dreadful so called comedy, very rarely funny. Most of the jokes are in bad taste that make you grimace more than smile. Insulting, poorly acted and the entire plot is a bad idea that should never have been brought to the screen. Awful.
September 5, 2009
Another Rob Schneider "fish outta water" story (no, he's not playing a stapler). An ultra-rich real estate agent, Stan, gets sentenced to jail. Afraid of being raped he enlists the help of David Carradine (RIP) to train him to be a bad-ass. Immediately upon arriving at the prison he takes control of the gangs much to the chagrin of the warden.
May 12, 2009
Rob Schneider is one of my favorites. This one is funny and very dirty (beware), but it's no Deuce Bigalow or The Animal!
July 10, 2014
Watch this shit, its funny