Big Bad Mama Reviews

½ December 25, 2012
It's a cheap popcorn flik with plenty of skin. There are little pieces of a relevant message here, mostly about the greed of "The Man", but really it's just a guilty pleasure and it is better than most of its kind.
July 22, 2012
"Never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free" - Mama
½ July 17, 2012
Raucous and stylish Depression era action has Angie and her two girls embarking on a crime spree from Texas to California. One of Corman's best features, taking a cue from Bonnie & Clyde. Angie is the definite centerpiece.
April 6, 2012
HILARIOUS I LAUGHED WEN IT WASNT EVEN A JOKE
½ March 28, 2012
Great shots of Angie in this.
½ July 24, 2010
Obviously aimed to capitalize on the success of Arthur Penn's "Bonnie and Clyde," this film is hardly on that level but is more fun to watch. Angie Dickinson and her two sexed-up daughters go on a Depression-era crime spree, taking Tom Skerritt and William Shatner along for the ride. Their capers are not just the typical bank heists, and are actually quite clever. And the film does such a nice job with recreating period details that you may take this for granted, amidst all the flashy sex and violence.

Dickinson has a few nude scenes, and shows an amazing body for a 42-year-old (heck, even 22-year-olds would envy it). Her less curvy daughters also peel, as does Joan Prather (which may be kind of a shock to modern viewers, considering that she's probably best known as David Bradford's clean-cut wife on the TV series "Eight Is Enough").
June 28, 2011
I wasn't expecting the amount of humor this film had going for it, giving it a really fun vibe as Angie Dickinson and her family try to stay one step ahead of the law.

It's a helluva lot of fun and worth it for the current Corman double feature.

Recommended.
April 24, 2011
A knock off of Bonnie and Clyde? Not exactly. This movie has the same machine gun bank robbing action, but the relationships are messier and more scandalous, and there's a good amount of nudity. This movie has something to say about femininity,family, and survival in America during the depression. I liked it.
January 22, 2009
very funny and crazy to laugh
April 16, 2007
The trick to enjoying Big Bad Mama lies in paying strict attention during the opening credits and looking for a specific name during the credits -- namely Roger Corman. Once you realize that you're in for more of an entertaining movie than a good one and absolving Big Bad Mama of any great expectations, only then are you in for a good time. All the movie really consists of is a series of random and uncased robberies and excuses to see Angie Dickinson and her daughters naked and taking turns with Tom Skerritt against a backdrop of Depression-era backwoods silliness with a pretty abrupt ending. This isn't to say Big Bad Mama is all bad, said silliness is the movie's most endearing quality (Dickinson being a close second) and William Shatner in a hysterically horrible acting job is also worth the time. And yes, Big Bad Mama is pretty much a Bonnie and Clyde knockoff, but realizing that is the trick to enjoying it.
½ July 23, 2010
good b movie grindhouse stuff
March 5, 2009
loved it was a fun show
May 8, 2008
Ive been wanting to see this movie for the longest time..
September 23, 2006
I did not really like this movie.
February 22, 2008
is angie still around,i wonder?
½ January 27, 2008
good fun...review to come...
½ August 28, 2007
I wanted to see this movie after I saw Roger Cormans Death Race 2000 and It kept me on my toes and I liked it!
September 4, 2007
This is another movie I would like to see again, it's been a very long time and I don't remember if I liked it or not.
½ May 29, 2007