The Big Bounce Reviews

½ July 23, 2015
Maybe it's my larcenous heart and weakness for hot chicks in bikinis, but I liked this movie a lot more than most of the people posting reviews. How can you not like a domino game featuring Morgan Freeman, Harry Dean Stanton, and Willie Nelson? The plot meanders as pleasantly as a slack-key guitar recital with a pay-off as gentle as a trade breeze through palm trees. Mahalo.
May 23, 2015
Jack Ryan is a likeable drifter whose talents lie just outside the law. Hoping a change of scenery will bring him luck, Jack heads for Hawaii. There on the exotic North Shore of Oahu, he soon discovers that whether he is looking for a new con or a little romance, temptation is everywhere. Jack takes a job working construction for Ray Ritchie, a shady real estate developer who is building a resort despite protests by local Hawaiians. Almost immediately, Jack has a run-in with Ray Ritchie's foreman, Lou Harris, and cold-cocks him across the jaw with a Louisville Slugger. Bob Jr., Ritchie's right-hand man, warns Jack to get off the island if he knows what's good for him. Jack happily ignores Bob Jr. Impressed with Jack's knockout ability, North Shore District Judge Walter Crewes offers Jack a job while taking an unusually keen interest in Jack's past crimes and uncertain future. Enter Nancy Hayes, a thrill-loving local who specializes in good looks and petty crime. When Nancy tries to seduce Jack into helping her double-cross Ray Ritchie and steal $200,000 of his payoff money, Jack is intrigued, but hesitant. This could be the perfect score, or the perfect setup.
½ March 23, 2015
another elmore leonard work comes to the big screen I liked it but not as much as say 'get shorty"
February 28, 2015
The Big Bounce is a remake of the 1969 film. I have not seen the original, but it can't be worse than this film. The editing in this movie was just terrible, Filled with scenes that made no sense or had no purpose, and characters that I did not care about, when it came to the 'payoff' at the end it was poorly done and not worth it. This film despite the cast was just a mess, and is not worth watching.
October 2, 2014
More interested in showcasing its beautiful Hawaiian scenery than having a coherent plot.
April 6, 2014
A small-time con artist (Owen Wilson) and a Hawaiian real estate developer's mischevious, enterprising mistress (Sara Foster) team up for a potential $200,000 score.

also stars Morgan Freeman, Gary Sinise, Willie Nelson, Vinnie Jones, Bebe Neuwirth, Charlie Sheen and Harry Dean Stanton.

directed by George Armitage.
March 2, 2014
Weak-plotted scenery. Suspect a lot of the plot ended up on the cutting-room floor, likely to shoehorn a PG-13 rating from Sara Foster's body.
½ October 31, 2013
It is the worst movie you would like to watch.
October 6, 2013
"What just happened?" and "Do I care?"
½ June 30, 2013
What a waste of time. I didn't actually watch the whole movie, I turned off after about half an hour because I couldn't take any more. I wanted someone to punch me in the mouth with a sledgehammer because it was that painful to watch how shocking the storyline was.
June 10, 2013
the big reject with a fun cast.
½ June 7, 2013
just some humor but noting special except Morgan Freeman
½ May 15, 2013
A fairly solid cast, good source material and an exotic location - what could go wrong? Apparently everything! A lack-lustre crime caper with not much of a pay-off at the end to make it worth your while.
½ April 3, 2012
The all-star cast can't make up for a bland story and amateurish direction. George Armitage relies far too heavily on filler to compensate for the lack of a plot and Freeman, Wilson, and Foster seemed embarrassed to be involved in the mess. The Big Bounce never amounts to more than a lackluster heist film that is heavy on unrealistic circumstances and light on suspense. The Big Bounce is a waste of great actors and for that alone is worthy of being one of the worst big budget films I have seen.
½ February 20, 2013
Really boring and no brain!
½ January 30, 2013
Most memorable moment for those who have seen this film - the hotness of Sara Foster. It was an ideal that not even Foster could live up to in subsequent films. Other than that, the Big Bounce is big rubbish put on the screen by those who ought to have known better. The film thinks it is witty but really is a big pity.
May 26, 2008
What this movie needs is a better director and an R-Rating
January 20, 2013
Not perfect, but good, great actors and interesting movie, recommended.
December 7, 2012
Could be worthwhile, will see.
½ October 3, 2012
Being set in Hawaii is best thing about this film.