19% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Big Fat Liar Reviews

February 12, 2010
An amusing family comedy. I've never really been a fan of Frankie Muniz, but it is Paul Giamatti who makes it worthwhile anyways. Sometimes it really is the villain who establishes the movie and gives it an identity. (First viewing - Spring 2002 in theaters)
Matt H.
March 7, 2014
The movie feels like that paper stolen by Marty Wolf; overconfident, tasteless, and most importantly: written by a kid. The whole movie doesn't feel worth watching because you already know how it's going to end: he'll get credit for the paper, and "The Big Bad Wolf" will be discredited. I don't even feel like I have to check the spoilers box because that would defeat the purpose of what I'm trying to say, as the ending is incredibly obvious.
March 5, 2014
Paul Giamatti is genius in this movie. Anyone that takes this thing seriously is an idiot. This movie is the BOMB
January 12, 2014
A harmless comedy where Paul Giamatti steals the show as a jerk Hollywood producer.
January 1, 2012
Better than expected... Paul Giamatti is hilarious!
January 3, 2014
Is it silly and stupid? Definitely, but it's also insanely fun. Amanda Bynes and Frankie Muniz are great, and Paul Giamatti is superb as the sleazy villain. He is a real Grade A actor, and even though he is in a pure kids film he still gives it his all and is clearly having an insane amount of fun playing the villain role. He gets mad props from me. The film also has some great scenes deep inside Universal Studios Hollywood and in Hollywood itself. For any kid, it's a dream come true. I grew up with this film, and have seen it literally countless amounts of times and yet it is still every bit as fun as when I first saw it. It was also the film that first introduced me to the great Paul Giamatti. Dan Schneider of Drake and Josh, Good Burger, Keenan and Kel, The Amanda Show, and All That fame writes the script and it certainly isn't great, but it fits the bill for kiddie fare (it's very cute, a bit clever, and quite funny). While the film certainly isn't aimed at adults it's still cute, charming and innocent, not to mention it's tons of crazy fun making this film one the whole family would likely enjoy. I know I continue to re-watch it every chance I get (not to mention it always leaves me insanely happy). I love it.
January 2, 2014
Needed little more (04, 13) OWN DVD
christiancreativity
December 21, 2013
As a small child, there was a movie I remember enjoying. Many movies in fact. But I just got done revisiting one, and I felt like talking about it. And it's always weird seeing movies you saw as a child. What was once images and sounds are now a story. Okay, I wasn't that young when I saw it, but it was a point where I didn't fully get things. But I recently saw it again, and I was pleasantly surprised. Other people don't like this movie a lot, so maybe it's nostalgia. But it's a family movie, it's aged, it has problems. I don't know what the hell Frankie Muniz is doing, Paul Giamatti (who's still probably in my top ten actors list) is going to be in the new Spiderman movie, and Amanda Bynes has become one of those celebrities that's held onto being famous by being a retard on Twitter. Ah, reality. Anyway, to get the acting out of the way, I thought it was good. Paul Giamatti looks like he's having fun, and plays a family movie dickhead better than a lot of other people could. Amanda Bynes plays female friend well enough, and Frankie Muniz is actually pretty good. Side characters really are pushing that cheesy level a lot, and that's bad enough with how already cheesy it is. But maybe a quick synopsis could help. Frankie Muniz is a liar (unfortunately he is neither fat, nor big, which would have been hilarious) But he ditches out on his final paper of writing a story to play video games or some shit. (He's lazy basically) And so he made a big lie, then it blew up in his face, and now he's in summer school, and worse his father lost trust in him. Now he has to rewrite the paper. And apparently he's such a good liar, he's a good storyteller, and so he writes some great story. But along the way to school he slams into the limo of Hollywood producer Marty Wolf. And basically he accidentally gets the script, and decides to keep it for a movie while Muniz looks even more lazy. So now Frankie Muniz must go across the country with Amanda Bynes Home Alone style, but he has to prove he's not lying. Thankfully he's clever and sarcastic enough to ruin Giamatti's career, and do all these other things that are unrealistic but could sort of happen in a Home Alone way. But this is one of the movies that I think I liked the first half a lot better than the second. Maybe it was because as a child I watched the first half a lot more than the second. That and I liked him riding his skateboard and being a suburban kid, and the Hollywood thing was kind of the exact opposite. But that one area they lived in, that pretty cool. Plus the old music, it felt early 2000s again, if not late nineties. Also, I thought this movie was catering to all ages. There were really childish kid parts, and if I watched in the theater I could just feel the cheese coming out of it. Then the main characters are pre-teen, and usually the main characters ages are who relates to the movie the most. And then their were movie references and Hollywood jokes I think only adults could really grasp. But if I could say who it was catering to the most, probably the Nickelodeon audience. But it is still enjoyable for adults... or for teenagers who watched it a lot as a kid like myself! But it's a harmless movie, and it has its own uniqueness in areas. It's good for others, great for me for nostalgia only. That and I thought it was clever enough at parts.
December 19, 2013
Okay, it's not REALLY a 4.5 movie. It's kind of a trash, but this movie is so funny, even if it's childish. And I still think Paul Giamatti did a good job.
June 19, 2013
Paul Giamatti provides all the film's humour and best bits. The only real reason worth watching to be brutally honest.
November 29, 2013
i like it those kids like pulling off stunts and pranks how bout this big fat wolf

s-
August 12, 2012
Even though it has a funny performance from Paul Giamatti, Big Fat Liar is just another kiddie movie that was not made for adults.
October 17, 2013
Amanda Bynes when she was still sane. *sigh* Okay, this film is okay... if it wasn't for its smart acting and charm, the film would have turned into an ultimate disaster because of its unconvincing plot line and jokes.
June 28, 2008
i'd watch this just to giamatti.
July 26, 2013
im a loser so i thought this loser movie was good
num1sticky
April 8, 2007
Awesome movie. I love Amanda Bynes.
March 9, 2012
Amanda Bynes and Frankie Muniz have a great onscreen presence, but the story lacks originality or energy.
May 17, 2013
Even though the slapstick gags are cleverly drawn out, it can disguise the fact that the story of the movie is basically cliche and strained that it lacks any real comedic value.
May 13, 2013
enforces the rule - that pay backs are a . . .
February 27, 2013
Funny. A little lacking in the plot, though.