63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker Reviews

September 6, 2012
You can't lose with Chris Rock. I don't care who you are, you want to laugh, watch this.
February 12, 2012
Definitely one of the funniest standup specials I have seen. Rock did this special a few months after the Columbine High School shootout and he did well to not offend anyone but make light of the killers' cries for help and the fact that it's white majority schools that have issues with guns. I also loved Rock's rant on President Clinton and the Lewinsky scandal and his take on homophobia. Rock has a weird point. Chances are, whatever you do not like will end up in your family. For example, if you don't like black people, your daughter will likely hook up with black men. If you don't like gays, you will have a gay son. Life sucks like that. A great special with very few pauses and blank spots. Definitely worth seeing many years later.
April 28, 2012
chris rock at his best
February 27, 2012
Laughed so hard my chest hurt, it's brilliant as chris Rocks humour always has been.
February 20, 2012
I want to see it, but it only shows !1min and 3secs, am I doing something wrong?
December 9, 2011
another consistent set to round out a great decade for Chris Rock. funny, topical, what the hell do you want
June 22, 2011
Chris Rock is at his best talking about relationships. You have to wait for it, endure some poor stretches, but when it comes, dam he is one funny man. Its Chris Rock, what's not to like?
May 16, 2011
(On Comcast's HBO OnDemand) I don't see how standup can get any better than this... as long as you can stand the pitch of his voice. So good.
Nick Huygens
February 1, 2011
One of the most boring things I have ever spent my valuable time watching... Maybe it's just that barrier between his American humor and my British humor, but I know that I would not be recommending this to anyone.
January 9, 2011
Chris Rock on all cylinders. Every topic he touches in this special is comedic gold. I don't see him surpassing this, or many other comedians for that matter.
November 16, 2010
fuckin awesome as well
DeadAngelLover22
July 29, 2010
BeatlesMan11
June 16, 2010
Chris Rock turns in another great stand-up performance.
SquintKid
June 16, 2010
Chris Rock: I have a like-hate relationship with him. Is he just angry with a big smile?

I tried to like him. Really. I enjoyed and gave his HBO special "[color=palegreen]Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker[/color]" a chance. And I took it for what it's worth. And I liked it. Yeah, I was sitting there thinking, naw, that's not funny... then I'd be laughing hysterically at stuff. So yeah, it was okay. I guess. I told my fella's to check it out... so yeah... I liked it.

Then I sat through "[color=palegreen]Chris Rock: Never Scared[/color]"... And I was thinking, naw, that's not funny at all... then I'd be laughing... but not so hysterically as I did in "Bigger & Blacker". And the reason... CR just seemed so much more angry in this one. That's his thing. ANGER. Or is it? Am I not understanding him? Give me [color=orange]Jammie Foxx[/color] or one of the [color=orange]Wayan Bros[/color] on stage or [color=orange]Tim Alan[/color] in his hey-day, or [color=orange]Richard Jenni[/color]...[color=orange] DL Hughley's[/color] stand up is fricken awesome. Those guys are funny.

So what is it with CR? The audience laughs because it's Chris Rock. They [color=orange][b]weren't[/b][/color] rollin' like they do when [color=orange]Martin Lawrence[/color] is on stage. This special seemed like he wrote the jokes four years ago and couldn't fit it in his Bigger & Blacker special so he did another.

Then I heard he's hosting the [color=yellow]Academy Awards[/color]. Now, think about it. Chris Rock ain't funny without the mouth. Is he? He ain't funny without being politically incorrect. How is he going to get away with skirting under the FCC if he's gonna host? If this network isn't running now, they'll be running after the awards. Running from all the stick-up-the-butt uptight mothers who need to say something for their 15 minutes of whatever.

I don't want to be sitting through a bunch of bleeps.

Granted, Chris Rock does what he does. And I respect him for that whether I like him or not. But he's not going to be Chris Rock if he's hosting the awards. He's gonna be watered down and it'll just make him NOT LIKE HIM somemore.

Bring back [color=orange]Billy[/color]. Get [color=orange]Garry Marshal[/color] to do it. At least [color=orange]Jim Carrey[/color] doesn't need to be so foul to be funny.

Now the like...

[color=orange]Adam Sandler[/color] and [color=orange]Chris Rock[/color] were on ESPN Radio with [color=orange]Dan Patrick[/color] last week. And yeah, CR was being CR as much as he could [color=plum][i]without getting FCC'd off the airways[/i][/color]. [b][u][i][color=purple](Note: We need to get rid of the FCC!)[/color][/i][/u][/b] Some 'off color' comments were edgy... but damn funny. So maybe he's okay off the cuff... but on the stage. Not so funny. And knowing he and Sandler were friends for a long time was kinda neat to know. Especially when Sandler called on CR to co-star in THE LONGEST YARD.

So the bottom line. Chris Rock has his moments. But I can't foresee him gaining any more 'moments' by hosting the award show. Well, maybe the moments will come in controversy. I'm surprised he even accepted the job.

Needless to say, it'll be interesting. And by, god... one reason I want to watch it this year is because of CR... Liking him or hating him, it'll be very interesting to see.

One thing for sure... At least it's not Gary Seinfeld hosting the show. We'd all get angry. Just like Chris Rock.
October 6, 2007
Q. Whats 4+4?

A. Jello
shesdownbytheriver
shesdownbytheriver

January 10, 2009
When acting in movies - He's awfully funny.
But live stand up? Nah
t1rina1
March 5, 2009
LOVE CHRIS SENSE OF HUMOR
azdw
November 9, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Low).

First viewing: 12.08.2002