Billy Jack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

DreamExtractor
½ March 13, 2011
No real point to it, but I would want my own Billy Jack as a bodygaurd
December 21, 2010
This movie is good at giving you a picture of early seventies late sixties life, especially the youth and peace movements going on at the time. The story is good, too, but the movie is too long and sort of lingers at times. There are some really great scenes, though, especially the ones with Billy Jack saving the day. Overall, an okay movie.
rayman0071
June 26, 2007
A Cult Classic Starring Tom Laughlin. The original that started it all. This was followed by two other sequels.
½ December 2, 2011
No real point to it, but I would want my own Billy Jack as a bodygaurd
½ November 23, 2012
"Billy Jack" is a real overly pathetic attempt at inspiring resentment in the hearts of Native Americans. I'm sure that its creators meant well back when it was made, but viewed today, their once-relevant message has become strangely ironic. Also, Tom Laughlin's direction is as dull and one-note as his performance, which is laughably stone cold. He brings zero depth to the already uninteresting character of Billy Jack, who comes off as a cross between Chuck Norris and Smokey the Bear. Everything about "Billy Jack" reeks of amateurism, from its poorly-executed action sequences to its schmaltzy soundtrack to its B movie dialogue. It's so confused and dated that I doubt people related to it back in '71.
iLeo
½ December 26, 2007
I remember this movie from childhood, this was among my mom's favorite. HEHEHE
March 18, 2011
a classic good versus evil...right triumphs over wrong...but turning the other cheek...well one only has so many cheeks...worth the watch
December 4, 2010
I remember seeing this when it came out. I was 16 at the time. The hippy movement was in full swing. This was so blisteringly impossible to watch again. Even my 13 year old son didn't want to finish it. And he likes all the 'Jason' movies!
½ November 15, 2010
This movie feels pretty dated and the editing is shoddy, but if you've ever wanted to see a cowboy ninja vigilante, then this is the movie for you.
November 30, 2009
wow that fantastic movie i saw in the 1970's film of with an action flick and i love it with second series of 4 series. the sequel to 1967 "the born loser" and follow up 2 sequel. tom laughlin who is the director(aka. t.c. frank)and the starring performed role billy jack the half-indian and the ex-green beret that he got greatest fighting moment with his bare feet. most the character is the bitch and the racist. character deputy mike is the most bitchy, mean, and the annoying character. nice with the performancing moment of the scene. most very disppoint ending and the wonderful rest of the film!
December 18, 2008
At first, I had some appreciation for this film's attempt to relate Native Americans' various tribulations in dealing with racism and unsympathetic Federal, State and local authorities.

I was otherwise unimpressed with the filmmaker's sympathies with 1970s-style liberalism. I was especially disappointed with this film's opposition to traditional means, and its tacit support for politicized, extreme liberal, agenda-laden methods for educating youths. The radicalism of this film blazes most audaciously in the concluding scene. In this scene, the protagonist of the story is taken into custody by state troopers, while an enraged crowd of students sees him off with the official (clenched fist) salute of international communism.

While I have Native American ancestry, and generally appreciate cinematic attempts to depict the lives and struggles of Native Americans, in conscience, I can only regard the message and pathos of this film to be rather lame --Sincerely in Christ, Jeff 'Quare fremerunt gentes?'
June 5, 2009
Billy Jack is a great character but this is the first of three bad sequels. Howard Hesseman doing Hippy theatre makes you wanna put your foot upside his head. I never would have hired him for WKRP if I had seen this beforehand. Watch Born Losers if you like Billy Jack. It never should have had a sequel.
December 1, 2008
I'd have rated it higher in the 70s, but as I age I have trouble sympathizing with the hippies. ;) Still, great martial arts action and like so many of it's genre, in this movie while the good guys have problems, it's obvious who the bad guys are. Even if you loathe the politics and not-so-subtle messages, it's a must-see for martial artists and for those who wish to get an idea of the clashes of ideology of the 60s and 70s.
July 2, 2008
I wanted to be Billy Jack when I was a kid. Recently got my Blue Belt in Karate. Love what Billy Jack stood and fought for.
June 12, 2008
i have three of this series: billy jack, the trial of billy jack, and born losers and i love them all
½ January 29, 2008
The blueprint of the Vietnam-Vet-who-comes-back-to-their-hometown-to-fight-the-corrupt-Sheriff-and-Biker-Gang" genre, without question. Billy Jack is a classic late-night movie with a half-white, half-Native-American Green Beret who preaches pacifism.............by beating the tar out of the bad guys. It's a bizarre, left-wing sermon of a movie among a right-wing genre. Written, directed, and starring Tom Laughlin.
½ June 24, 2007
I like this moive cuz it kind of tells u about racisim , it tells a story that is worth watching n remembering.
June 6, 2007
Fluffy turned me onto this morive---I liked the first one---the other 9 million that followed kind of got boring, though
June 6, 2007
This movie left a philosophical imprint that has affected my life over the years, hopefully for the better.