• PG-13, 1 hr. 28 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Billy Madison Reviews

Eugene B

July 27, 2013
Though its jokes are of stupidity and grade-school humor, Billy Madison is a decent comedy from the creation of Adam Sandler. The film is immature and has memorable quotes/scenes that die-hard Sandler fans will remember. 4/5
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

April 10, 2007
Childish and immature - but then again, what Sandler comedy isn't? I've seen better by him, like Click and Happy Gilmore, but I've also seen a lot worse like Grown Ups and The Waterboy. As long as you can cope with its stupidity, it's pretty fun and enjoyable. Nothing that will make it into my film collection, but not a bad way to spend the evening. Worth seeing just for the hilarious cameo by Steve Buscemi.
Alexander D

June 28, 2011
A lot of Adam Sandler's comedies seem to be given bad reviews, and I can see that for some of his newer stuff, especially his two newest films, JUST GO WITH IT and GROWN UPS. On the other hand, there is no reason to give such poor feedback to BILLY MADISON. I'm not saying that because it's one of his earlier films, and that makes his acting and humor better--really, it doesn't. But to tell you the truth, this movie really isn't all that terrible. It tells the hysterically funny story of a man (the title character himself, played by none other than Adam Sandler) whose father, a millionaire, needs somebody to take over as CEO of his hotel chain. When Billy, the original person to inherit the job, wrecks the formal dinner, his millionaire father decides to hand his career over to somebody else. At this, Billy becomes frustrated, so he decides that he will, within one year total, repeat grades one through twelve to prove that he's NOT an idiot as he made himself look. So it's a predictable film--honestly, ask yourself: would it really be a spoiler if I told you that throughout the movie Billy ends up making a fool of himself, and his maturity level never, ever raises?--but as for predictable, isn't every Sandler movie? So far, this is the funniest Adam Sandler picture I have seen. It is truly his definitive work.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 16, 2011
I was okay, not great, but preatty funny, Sandler was kind of annoying too.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 21, 2011
Billy Madison is Adam Sandler's big break on the big screen, and you gotta ask, is his first cinematic outing worth it? nope it's not. Billy Madison is a missed opportunity. What we have with this film is a film that has a few minimal laughs, but the comedy is so poorly executed that it treats the viewer as a stupid person. Really the only funny part of the film was Chris Farley as the bus driver. Adam Sandler first film isn't good at all, and it's one of the worst the actor has ever done. Luckily he improved with Happy Gilmore, which is a very funny film. But Billy Madison is simply a bad film. The comedy is sloppy, badly done and the acting even by comedy standards sucks. The idea behind the story is a good one, and they could've created something memorable with this film. Unfortunately, it's not to be. I hated this film, and of all the Adam Sandler films that suck (theres quite a few) Billy Madison is one of the worst that he has done. If you're looking for a decent comedy to watch with Adam Sandler watch Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer or Big Daddy. Not this one. Theres way too much crap going on in this film to be entertained by this film. Watch a better comedy than Billy Madison, watching paint dry is funnier than this film. Nothing funny, more irritating than anything else. One of Sandler's worst, and that says something
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
Another classic from Adam Sandler!
AJ V

September 6, 2010
Sandler's first starring role in a comedy, if you're a fan you'll want to see this movie. It's a 'back to school' story, with a bit of romance, and it's pretty funny for the most part.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 19, 2008
Adam Sandler stars as adorable but dumb, fun loving Billy Madison. He gets a second chance at repeating grades 1-12 all over again in order to take over his father's business, Madison Hotels. He succeeds, falls in love with his third grade teacher that falls in love with him back & hands the job over to his friend Fred. Whats not to love? A great film of the 90s that I want to watch again & again. If your new to Adam Sandler's movies like I am, watch this amazing comedy classic :)
TheGame90
TheGame90

February 28, 2010
It's a funny movie. But just another Adam Sandler movie...they're all the same. Still fun though
Conner R

January 17, 2010
Horrible, just horrible. Maybe if you're twelve years old and love nothing but really bad dirty humor, you will enjoy this movie. However, to any rational thinking human being, this should be seen as a very pathetic excuse for a movie. The only redeeming qualities it has is Bradley Whitford being a evil mastermind and Chris Farley as a deranged bus driver.
KJ P

January 11, 2010
I love this movie! It is soo ridiculous that it works for me! :)
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

May 24, 2009
Not Adam Sandler's best. But not his worst.
Jason O

September 14, 2009
One of Sandler's best films, and the first one I saw and liked.
Coxxie M

March 16, 2009
this is like what i make after eating chinese food, a real big piece of crap that feels good.
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

February 11, 2007
Adam Sandler at his first stage of career and I think that he get a little crazy.. Same as Jim Carrey, he got a little overreacted... I didn't like his acting in this movie.. Even the story I think kinda funny, but it just sound absurd... And the ending, it's a little predictable... I know that Billy Madison won't run the Madison company because for the truth he really can't.. Nice try anyway...
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

March 2, 2008
Sandler's break on the big screen, great lines
Tim S

July 29, 2007
Come on....remember?
Keysha H

August 31, 2007
Shampoo is better..no Conditioner is better...
He's a mess..but he makes it look good.
EightThirty .