67% The Equalizer Sep 26

—— Sleepy Hollow: Season 2
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Bi-mong (Dream) Reviews

December 26, 2013
So someone has sleepwalking so bad that they get in car accidents. The police know about it. No one attaches her to the bed or anything? Timed locks? No! Just don't sleep, that's the solution! Well directed but boring drama.
December 5, 2013
I'm usually impressed by Kim Ki-duk, but "Dream" falls flat and is a bore to watch. However, even as a letdown, the narrative goes in unexpected places every once and while. Looking at connectivity in different ways is always a fun topic to explore, but "Dream" isn't as thought out as the director's other works (or as a lot of works for that matter).
February 2, 2013
????????? ??????? ?? ??????? ?????? ??? ??????????? ?????????. ???? ???? ??????? ??????????? ???? ??????? ??? ????????? ????? ???? ??????? ??? ????????? ??? ??????...!
October 25, 2012
i love films like this that require you to pay attention and reflect on what's taking place. for me this film does that very well; however the conclusion seemed like a forced resolution that didn't fit with the other elements... maybe worth another watch...
February 26, 2009
Artista plástico tem um pesadelo com um acidente que realmente acontece. A partir daí, sua vida começa a se confundir entre sonho, delírio e realidade.
RicC
November 9, 2010
Once again, Kim Ki-duk inserts his metaphorical finales that go way over my head. Does anyone understand his films on the first viewing, without analytical devotion? Eh, probably not, but who cares as long as there's wacky romance and momentary violence punctuating it. I was beginning to think I was going a bit crazy with the Japanese/Korean mix, but my stupid self forgot to relate it to the film concept about the dualistic yin-yang in daoist philosophy. A really intriguing concept, this idea that two seemingly unrelated characters when asleep become violently or sexually sonambulant and a witness to the sleepwalker, respectively. Directed in a sort of magical realist style, and a lot more talkative than Ki-duk's other films, this film's approach to the titular topic deserves more than one watch.
Carlos M

May 2, 2010
It stroke me to see that the gorgeous male protagonist speaks Japanese throughout the entire film and all the other characters speak Korean, and yet everyone understands each other completely. A beautiful Jungian reflection on the Buddhist Yin/Yang attraction, mystical and mysterious, very different from Ki-Duk's mostly silent previous films.
steve c

October 26, 2008
pretty disappointing for KKD. the bilingual touch was interesting and there were some beautiful scenes but i lost interest halfway thru.
January 25, 2009
beautiful picture but uninteresting story
December 22, 2008
Mildly interesting concept: a girl sleepwalks a boy's dreams. Fine acting, but who are these people? Kim's characters don't inhabit the real world so it's difficult to get inside them. They're two isolated beings who exist in a 'what if?' universe. They must fall in love or never sleep at the same time. Nothing special nor thought provoking for me here. Just another movie, which is a bit of a let down from Kim.