Bio Zombie

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Bio Zombie Reviews

Michael G

August 1, 2008
Full of silliness you either will or will not be able to appreciate, Bio Zombie is just kind of there. Maybe something in the cultural translation was lost on me, maybe the claustrophobia of an Asian mall did me in or maybe the low budget quality was just too much for me, but I wasn't amazed by Bio Zombie. The dubbing's horrible, the effects bad but the ending's great.
alanjayh
alanjayh

June 1, 2008
A bit goofy...a mix of zombie horror with some laughs thrown in to boot..this movie doesnt take itself too seriously..so if you are a fan of the zombie genre..relax and enjoy
Patrick D

September 15, 2007
I liked it but it's terrible, but very funny.
Christopher B

January 29, 2007
Crazy Bee and Woody Invincible are two of my favourite characters in a horror film. I mean, just the names alone are enough to put them in the top ten.
November 5, 2007
Funny foreign b-movie horror. Worth watching twice! First in the original Chinese language and the hysterical English subtitles. And again with the wacky English language dub.
heavyd2000
November 23, 2008
I enjoy the hell out of this movie every time I see it. It's funny and I know the zombies don't lok really real but for a low budget it's great. If your a zombie film fan I know you can hang so suck it up and give it a wearl.
July 12, 2007
Low buget, beyond low budget, but some real amusing jokes and concepts are with this.. uh.. can of.. (do they have SPAM in JAPAN?)
roruko
July 7, 2007
I'm still laughing at some the scenes from this movie. I swear you will never look at a Chinese mall the same way. Ludicrous creature effects, silly and stupid characters, and a non-existent story. But still pretty damn funny.
June 23, 2007
anyone can see this is obviously great.

and it is.

they had me with the finger-sushi served for zombies!
Jcs04dir
February 24, 2007
I really didn't want to see this movie at first. Theres just something funny about Asian Zombies in general, aside from that a very entertaining, ridiculous, fun, hillarious,mall based, biological weapon, Zombie movie.
MrTalbotOO7
February 17, 2007
Hilarious homage to Romero's Dawn of the Dead with fantastic characters and a surprisingly good story to keep you entertained all the way through. Soe excellent stylistic choices augment the manic energy provided by this film. Deserves to be a cult classic.
October 30, 2006
You probably haven't ever heard of this movie, and that's really too bad, because it's one of the more fun movies I've seen in a long time. Bio Zombie is the story of Crazy Bee and Woody Invincible (love those names!) -- two losers who run a bootleg VCD store in a Hong Kong dirt mall. But when the duo unwittingly unleash a mini-zombie holocaust in their workplace, the unruly pair seize the chance to become heroes to all of the co-hawkers that usually push them around. A touching, giggle-worthy waste of 80 minutes.
flynnparadox
September 13, 2006
This is about mid-level in the Japanese zombie stakes: not as good as Junk or Wild Zero but much better than Stacy. It's funny but Shaun of the Dead would come along a few years later and blow it out of the water.
frankensteinsbride13
June 16, 2006
i bought this movie and i thought that it would be a waste, BUT IT WASNT!!!

a very cute japanese zombie movie!!! very very cute!
March 15, 2014
Low budget Asian slick talking zombies in mall apocalypse. What more could you ask for. Full on good old campiness!
November 5, 2013
This movie is no masterpiece, but it does have some good writing. The special effects aren't very good, and the camera is a little unsteady at times, but everything else is fine. One thing I like about low budget movies, is they usually make up for the terrible special effects with good characters, good story, few plot holes and other things that Hollywood sometimes forgets to do. It's not the best thing to ever come into existence, but I would recommend it to anybody who wants to see something original; Because it's about as original as you can get with zombies nowadays. (I'm not a professional reviewer. Can you tell?) I'm off to go see if I used these semicolons properly; however, before I go, four stars.
October 16, 2013
Mildly amusing zombie horror-comedy complete with the general goofiness and bad acting we've come to expect from asian comedies. A trip down memory lane back to the kinder, simpler times of the late 90s.
June 26, 2013
Wow what a fun Movie. This is a film that knows what it is and stands as an excellent homage to the Romero zombie movies. This film is fun and so lax and plus an ending i didn't expect. If you want a good time but not go out of your way to focus on every frame then this is a good choice.
January 31, 2013
Two deadbeat slackers are left to defend the mall after a virulent outbreak transforms the locals in to flesh-eating ghouls in Hong Kong's cult horror comedy, BIOZOMBIE! BIOZOMBIE is immediately impacted by the popular survival horror video games of the mid-90's, frequently breaking the fourth wall as it warning the characters to "Reload" or "Find a Key" with visual cues on screen, while also including character stats as they enter the fray. Unlike in the disastrous HOUSE OF THE DEAD adaptation, this is presented in loving homage and not through distracting breakaways. The influence of George Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD and American pop culture is clearly present as well, given the mall setting and the tendency towards wry, irreverent humor. Director Wilson Yip feels no need to rush in to the zombie outbreak, and allows plenty of time for comedic actors Jordan Chan and Sam Lee to win the audience over with their playful misbehaving. Once the virus overtakes the mall, however, there is a steady stream of bloody action and slapstick as our small band of heroes hack and slash their way to safety. Japan would capitalize on this same trend in WILD ZERO, VERSUS, and JUNK before America saw its own major zombie resurgence in the early 2000's beginning with RESIDENT EVIL, 28 DAYS LATER, and the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake.
Adam M.
April 30, 2012
Highly forgettable zom/com. "Bio Zombie" features a poorly structured tired plot, awful creature makeup, terrible special effects, lame gags, and sub par dubbing. There are no redeeming qualities to this movie; it's not even a shot and beer movie! I can't condone viewing this film in any state, intoxicated or otherwise.

At best, this attempts to be "Dawn of the Dead" meets "Return of the Living Dead" but fails in every respect. There are far better zombie films out there. Do yourself a favor and avoid this Chinese turd.