Bio Zombie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bio Zombie Reviews

½ August 1, 2008
Full of silliness you either will or will not be able to appreciate, Bio Zombie is just kind of there. Maybe something in the cultural translation was lost on me, maybe the claustrophobia of an Asian mall did me in or maybe the low budget quality was just too much for me, but I wasn't amazed by Bio Zombie. The dubbing's horrible, the effects bad but the ending's great.
alanjayh
June 1, 2008
A bit goofy...a mix of zombie horror with some laughs thrown in to boot..this movie doesnt take itself too seriously..so if you are a fan of the zombie genre..relax and enjoy
September 15, 2007
I liked it but it's terrible, but very funny.
January 29, 2007
Crazy Bee and Woody Invincible are two of my favourite characters in a horror film. I mean, just the names alone are enough to put them in the top ten.
April 30, 2012
Highly forgettable zom/com. "Bio Zombie" features a poorly structured tired plot, awful creature makeup, terrible special effects, lame gags, and sub par dubbing. There are no redeeming qualities to this movie; it's not even a shot and beer movie! I can't condone viewing this film in any state, intoxicated or otherwise.

At best, this attempts to be "Dawn of the Dead" meets "Return of the Living Dead" but fails in every respect. There are far better zombie films out there. Do yourself a favor and avoid this Chinese turd.
October 17, 2007
An early Asian iteration of the zom-com subgenre. It certainly accomplishes everything it seeks to do within its narrow scope.
June 1, 2010
This movie is an attempt by Japan to catch the magic of Dawn of the Dead and in that sense it failed. The movie has a lot of stupid humor in it but most of it isn't very funny the few funny scenes are really funny. The movie does add a huge amount of gore to the already gore drenched zombie movies, I mean one guy gets dragged under a car and a second latter a river of blood pours out.

The movie is a cult classic that really doesn't deserve the status it isn't awesome and it moves a little too slow for most viewers. I fast forwarded through a lot of the boreing stuff and not even the good stuff was really worth it.

The two main characters are not really likeable I mean they assault costumers in the bathroom and rob them and they hate the sushi guy. The sushi guy plays a big role in the movie and when he is zombiefied right away lets just say he isn't your average mindless zombie he has priorities.

The movie is a comedy where the viewer won't laugh much except at the accidently funny scenes. The movie kicks into gear with an ending that seems out of place for a movie of this type. This movie is a rental through and through one watch is enough.
nru
½ June 1, 2010
[b][i][u]Nigth of the Living Dead[/u][/i][/b]: It has an interesting execution, and since I have not seen the original, I hold no prejudice against it. The story was presented well, the ending seemed to fit right into the movie, and at least one of the characters was interesting. The make-up and gore scenes were hadled really well, and overall it was really a good movie. What brought it down was the main lady and a couple of the supporting characters. Annoyance and bad acting were present all around.

[b][i][u]Dark City:[/u][/i][/b] Interesting premise and well executed, yet I dont have an interest in seeing it again.

[b][i][u]Bio-Zombie:[/u][/i][/b] From the kickass characters, to the many memorable scenes, this is a true winner horror-comedy. I liked it enough to compare its characters to the ones in Dog Soldiers in terms of coolness and perfect interaction between them. They grow and mature on screen, which makes the resolution the more interesting. There are plenty of scenes with so much nonsense going on, that you cant help but smile, yet they dont overshadow the genuine tension and creepy moments all over the movie.
June 1, 2010
i bought this movie and i thought that it would be a waste, BUT IT WASNT!!!

a very cute japanese zombie movie!!! very very cute!
June 1, 2010
[font=Fixedsys]Bio-Zombie. What a great freaking movie! I loved it! It's funny, it's gory, it has scares, some touching scenes and surprisingly good actors. I loved the two leads. They were funny and a bit obnoxious, but never grating or annoying. My only complaint is that my version did not have English dubbing, so I had to read some very silly subtitles. But then again, they added to the fun, so I can't really complain. Great friggin movie. Dawn of the Dead mixed in with some Return of the Living Dead. Bio-Zombie has everything a horror fan would want in a movie.[/font]

[font=Fixedsys]"I am stooling." :D [/font]
½ June 1, 2010
[i]Bio Zombie[/i], using George A. Romero's original [i]Dawn of the Dead[/i] film as the template (i.e., characters holed up inside a shopping mall), and adding liberal doses of humor, rarely disappoints, even though the zombies from the title (all 10-12 of them) don't come out in full force until the one-hour mark of a 90-minute movie.

[i]Bio Zombie[/i] might be low on the gore/splatter quotient (and on outright moments of shock or horror), not to mention make-up effects that are less than impressive (with the exception of some festering postule effects on one of the hapless zombie victims), but it doesn't fall short in the humor/slapstick department. Why? Characters.

With character names like Woody Invincible (Jordan Chan) and Crazy Bee (Sam Lee, whom I've seen in other Hong Kong films, including the underrated [i]Gen-X Cops[/i], aka [i]Metal Mayhem[/i], where he plays a goofball character appropriately called "Alien"), you know that the emphasis will be on comedy in this horror/comedy genre entry. Woody and Crazy Bee are slacker dude types who work at a VCD store, and, not surprisingly, make their own bootlegs VCDs. The movie starts with the characters talking over the movie titles as they sit in a movie theaters, a nod to [i]MST3000[/i], but just as importantly setting the mood and tone for the movie. Our slacker anti-heroes of course rise to the occasion once the zombies attack, but before they do, they spend their time smoking pot, playing video games (believe it or not, they're playing [i]House of the Dead[/i], which, of course, makes them crack marksmen in the [i]Bio Zombie[/i] universe) thinking up scams to make some money, commenting on other mall employees and hitting on beauty salon employees. Once the mall becomes "overrun" with the zombies, the characters go into full panic mode, with only our characters to save the day (and themselves).

[i]Bio Zombie's[/i] tone darkens in the last act, however, as the characters begin to fall prey to the attacking zombies. Even with the darker tone, I didn't expect a last act plot turn that bordered on the poignant. Of course, the movie's last scene more than hints at the plague of zombies spreading beyond the shopping mall, but even there, it's handled with a light touch.

Overall, despite the aforementioned shortage of gore, [i]Bio Zombie[/i] succeeds in developing a solid audience/character connection, and keeps the tone light enough that I can recommend it as good fun, a minor, but still enjoyable addition to the zombie sub-genre. Add a running length that doesn't overstay its welcome, and the end result is a solid 6.5/10 (so let's round it up to a 7/10), ranking it behind the [i]Dawn of the Dead[/i] remake and ahead of [i]Undead[/i], both of which I've seen in the last week.
February 6, 2010
A very cheaply made movie, but it still have loads of LOL parts. It is a great movie for the times you need to cheer up, to snuggle and have a beer, or a very boring night. I really enjoyed this movie!
November 5, 2007
Funny foreign b-movie horror. Worth watching twice! First in the original Chinese language and the hysterical English subtitles. And again with the wacky English language dub.
½ January 13, 2008
Amazing. Best zombie movie ever. Even better after a second viewing. Laugh-riot and serious, both are pulled off beautifully.
November 23, 2008
I enjoy the hell out of this movie every time I see it. It's funny and I know the zombies don't lok really real but for a low budget it's great. If your a zombie film fan I know you can hang so suck it up and give it a wearl.