43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

August 28, 2008
Marc L.
Marc L.

July 25, 2011
While it's not one of the best comedies I've ever seen, it's still really good. Some nice fight scenes, some great humor, a good script for a comedy. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it deserves a bit better than 14%.

Granted, there were a few scenes that weren't that funny. The extremely forced "Dance to the Music" scene in the castle was probably the films lowlight. Most of the other jokes at least bring a smile though.

Also, the film seems to take a little to long to get to it's point.

Luckily there is some good. Most of the jokes were actually pretty funny, and one or two were laugh out funny. It seems to be less of a great script as it is funny actors. I guess this was before Lawrence started to get really unfunny with movies like "Rebound", becuase he actually does a really good performance.

For a comedy, the plot is pretty cool. You'll have to see the movie though. I think it was a parody of "A Kid in King Arthur's Court" and a really good one.

Over all, is it amazing? No. But it's enjoyable, and a good movie to see if you have a Martin Lawrence obsessed friend/girlfriend/boyfriend.
Lady D

August 2, 2006
More comical than expected, lots of predictability, but a light hearted, easy watching, no brainer
Jason O

October 14, 2009
Previews made it look hilarious, but watch it and you'll see how misled they were.
Anthony L

October 1, 2009
Martin Lawrence shows us that only through understanding will we defeat evil in all its incarnations. What a load of bollocks! Crap film, avoid at all costs.
Apeneck F

April 23, 2008
how this ever got greenlighted i'll never know. lawrence is jerry lewis, only he's african-american, get it? maybe you don't. so give him a minute and he'll explain it to you, and he does. over and over. "it's a black thang!" more racism per minute than any kkk rally i've ever been invited to, with all the "comedy" stolen from french icon, mr. jerry lewis. gag me with a spoon.
EightThirty .

August 24, 2007
Pretty cool, Full of laughs
XD
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Funny movie about a man who ends up going back to medieval times.
Bobby H

June 14, 2007
This is tied for my favorite Martin Lawrence movie! It's one of the funniest movies I've seen , of all time.
garyX
garyX

January 3, 2007
A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court variant in which Martin Lawrence restores the rightful king of medieval england by teaching a bunch of foppish white people how to be an idiotic, unfunny, irritating black stereotype. The DVD cover is as funny as it gets.
Joseph E

July 19, 2007
Off color humor at it's best!

I don't know what it is about Black Knight that makes it so good. Well no, it wasn't hilarious. It wasn't great, and one of the best film.s ever.

Maybe because it's intentions are good. It was well minded, and was fueled by courage, both onscreen and off.

"Black knight is not Martin Lawrence's best film, nor is it the best film for anyone involved, but it's sweet hearted nature, and good intentions let you see beyond all that is bad, and see what is special, and different about it."
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

October 9, 2009
I loved the movie "Bad Boys" and I usually find Martin Lawrence funny and clever but this was a script that lacked any direction. The movie starts off very awkwardly with Lawrence, who travels back in time to the middle-ages and is mistaken for a royal person. Yes, this movie could have been done much better but then I realized it's a COMEDY and therefore not meant to be taken seriously to begin with. It was fairly amusing Not immensely funny, but still entertaining.
brandonklaus2
brandonklaus2

November 26, 2008
This movie is legendary beyond human comprehension.
Yinalí R

June 20, 2007
This movie was funny.
Christopher B

April 8, 2007
Oh my God, I've seen this! It has been erased completely from my memory until now! DAMN YOU FLIXSTER!
February 11, 2010
Hilarious! I've never understood why this movie doesn't get more love, because its a great comedy. This is the funniest and best that I've ever seen Martin Lawrence. (First viewing - Late 2001 in theaters)
December 31, 2009
It was a weak concept for a movie to take a black man back to the middle ages and make him a knight. It did not work for âA Kid In King Arthurâ(TM)s Courtâ? and it was only marginally successful because Martin Lawrence saves it from being terrible. It was unfortunately unoriginal and clichà (C).
November 7, 2010
Black Knight was silly, fun, and funny. If you are looking for a more realistic comedy, this might not be it. Black Knight is more of a fantasy - think outside of the box type comedy. This movie will take you on an adventure when a medieval theme park employee (martin) gets sent back in time to the middle ages. He has to find his way home while trying to survive the task ahead of overthrowing the King of the land. The humor like I said is very silly, even cheesy at times. So if you like his previous silly movies like Big Mommas House, or Blue Streak... then this is right up your alley.
ashleyandrien
January 7, 2010
Martin Lawrence gets transported in time to Midieval England, and somehow thinks he is in modern times still. There is a sense of desperation throughout the movie in Martin's performance. The lack of a score at certain points makes it feel like a college film project. Really good if you like laughing at how uptight white people are.
zdester
September 27, 2009
If you want to see a good version, watch the original "A Connecticuit Yankee In King Arthur's Court." starring Bing Crosby.