Blade Runner (The Final Cut) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade Runner (The Final Cut) Reviews

½ March 21, 2015
The original theatrical release didn't really do it for me, but the director's cut and the final cut are true masterpieces.
September 1, 2013
Blade Runner is the adaptation of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" from Philip K. Dick. The movie is a smart, innovative and stunning masterpiece. As soon as the movie begins, you are amazed by the quality of the Blade Runner universe: a dark dystopian universe with a smartly introduced background. The story is complicated to understand yet attractive and make you want to look further - in general the story is about a group of robot named replicant, very resemblant to humans yet with very advance features which cost them the price to live only 4 years. This group is going on finding out a remedy to their short lifespan and will do anything for it. that is where our main protagonist, Rick Deckard, come into action. He is a blade runner, and his goal is to hunt replicants. To do so, he needs to use the Voight-Kampff test to recognize a human from a replicant. His hunting will bring him to discover Rachael, a replicant who believed she is human because of what she thinks is genuine memories from her past. Deckard will have to choose what to do with Rachael and the group of replicants...
Despite some issues with the movie, especially on the background stories such as why the animals are mostly fake, the story is simply smart. We can either like or dislike Deckard, but it is also the same for Rachael and the other replicants. The universe is cruel, dark and constantly raining which give the mark of a world in decline.
The casting is great and I truly adore how Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer and Sean Young depict their characters. The music is also excellent and Vangelis truly adorns the beautiful visuals and the stress points of the story...
I loved that movie and the final cut has a more lackluster ending, which I believe is more interesting than the movie cut version.
July 13, 2013
This is probably my most favorite movie, in all of its cuts. I do have the total series in both the dvd edition AND BluRay. The visuals and the back story content are enticingly magnetic; but of course I also feel strongly about the outstanding visuals and depth of Kramer's 2001 (both films produced some time before we became so 'hung' on CGI.
January 10, 2013
My personal favorite movie of all time. I'm incapable of comparing this movie to other movies. I can only compare this movie to its different versions. It's like comparing what is MORE perfect. This Final Cut is my fave.
½ October 25, 2015
meh was alright. Must of missed when this became a cult or whatever. Apparently has a good soundtrack. don't care about that. Lame film realllllllys
January 25, 2016
text book sci-fi. Still cant be matched or topped. Id say the greatest sci-fi film of all time & for the next hundred years. Cant believe it came out in 82
January 9, 2016
10/10 would experience infinity again.
½ January 8, 2016
The effects and acting and the action are all here in this great film but I have to admit the PLOT is just HORRENDOUS it SERIOUSLY MAKES NO SENSE I literally at one point in the film stopped watching the film and went online to make sure I understood the plot. Did it diture me from the film though? no not at all. there was enough cool action,acting and (For the time) Special Effects in the film that I honestly didn't care about the plot that much. But I wll admit the effects and etc can only go so far before you're asking yourself "What the hell is going on in this film??" From what I could gather the film is about Harrison ford who's a cop and his job is to capture these things called "Replecauns" which are robots who look like people...Alll rightly then... haha
Like I said the film LOOKS awesome...and...saddly that's the best part. The action is there yes and so's the great acting but none of the that is enough to REALLY help the plot. None of the characters make you feel like you care for them(for one) and the story feels predictable. Even though the plot is BIZARRE at best it's basically a (pre) Total Recall plot(wich I thought did a much better job at then this)
Honestly in the end this film is a cool film to..well..WATCH...meaning you look at it and its cool but the rest..meah. that being said it's not bad but it's def not as good as it could be
December 27, 2015
Do you want to have an idea of the importance of this movie? Have a look at todays Sci Fi movies concept art, comics and illustrations. It's still everywhere more than 30 years after it, they are still referring to this movie and you'll find pieces of it everywhere. The mix of sci-fi, noir and Japanese atmospheres is so beautifully rendered that it's almost a genre of its own and changed the face of sci fi forever.
December 24, 2015
Its amazing how Ridley Scott built it at that time
October 31, 2015
Epic!! Almost can compare to 2001!! Awesome classic.
October 27, 2015
Dark, beautiful and atmospherically captivating. One of the greatest cinematic motion pictures ever made.
½ July 4, 2015
Blade Runner (1982) is directed by Ridley Scott, and stars Harrison Ford, as the protagonist, Rick Deckard, Rutger Hauer as the antagonist, Roy Batty, and Sean Young as Rachael, the love interest.

The film is set in the not too distance future of Los Angeles in 2019. These human-like androids, called 'Replicants', are made illegal on earth because of a bloody mutiny made happen by the Nexus-6 models. Deckard is a retired Blade Runner (a special police force that 'retire' replicants), who reluctantly agrees to hunt down the escaped replicants, hiding in Los Angeles to extend their lifespan as they only live for four years.

I decided to watch the final cut over the original because a few friends of mine, and even a couple of notably Youtubers strongly recommend the final cut over the original. I haven't watched the original cut, but I don't think I want to after seeing the final cut. I did enjoy this movie and I will mention the problems I had with it later on.

What I loved about the movie were the visuals. This is a good looking movie. It was so neo-noir looking from the shadows to the cinematography. It's truly visually stunning and every shot just looked amazing. I liked the futuristic look of the film. The films practical effects were amazing and just a fresh of breath air from all the CG reliable movies I have been watching. The acting is pretty good from everybody but just forgetful (except for Roy) as I will explain later. I loved Roy Batty. He's probably the only character I liked watching throughout the whole movie. Rutger Hauer did an excellent job portraying Roy. It was over-the-top (especially at the end) but enjoyable. I wish there was more time spent on him rather than the others.

Here's the reason why I wouldn't see this movie again, or at least not for a long time. The film suffers from boring characters (except for Roy... I love Roy) and a non-existent relationship between Deckard and Rachael. The only fun I got out with the film were the visuals (which they were plenty of), and Roy. Blade Runner has gained a cult status and I recognize that many people like/love this movie. It's a good movie, don't get me wrong, but you need to put interesting characters with good chemistry. Otherwise, you have a boring movie no matter what the plot is. Not only did I find the romance between the Deckard and Rachael not believably and boring, but it was also cliche like some other parts of the movie that just made me roll my eyes.

It has been hailed as one of the greatest science-fiction movies ever made. I can see why, but for me, personally, I wouldn't say so. It's an interesting concept and the universe is great to look at. However, the characters are just too bland for me to care that much about it. However, it is a great movie to look at for its visual effects and cinematography. If they added more development and time to the characters, I would probably agree with it being one of the greatest sci-fi movies. Sadly it didn't, and so, I give Blade Runner: Final Cut:
June 2, 2015
one of the greatest films of all time
May 17, 2015
Ridley at his best! A spectacular achievement!!!
April 15, 2015
The best damned film ever made. It really makes you question things, and is surprisingly deep on the emotional, philosophical, storytelling sides. This is the antidote for humanity, and if this doesn't tell us who we are, then I don't know what does. This film MAKES film itself on par with literature in terms of analysis. If you don't agree, then you are watching films for the wrong reasons.
May 13, 2015
Androider drømmer om enhjørninger.
April 17, 2015
The only thing I found detrimental to the movie was the ugly cyberpunk atmosphere, but the movie and its message are resound loudly for those willing to listen and look closely into its symbolisms.
April 9, 2015
Was great to see it on the big screen tonight. Its aged really well. A classic piece of Sci-fi.