• Blankman

—— Last Man Standing: Season 3
—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Blankman Reviews

September 9, 2013
Classic 90's Comedy! Great chemistry between Damon Wayans and David Alan-Grier.
April 20, 2013
One of my favorites.
March 7, 2013
"Darryl" (Damon Williams) and "Kevin" (David Allen Grier) are brothers from Chicago who were raised by their grandmother (the late Lynne Thigpen). The boys care more about the classic live-action television series, "Batman" than politics like their grandmother.

As they grew up, "Kevin" becomes a cameraman for WWHY-TV who can easily get s date on Friday night. While "Darryl" becomes a nerdy inventor-wannabe who has never been with a woman.

Then the unthinkable happens. "Darryl" and "Kevin's" grandmother is murdered by some assailants who barge into the campaign office of a top candidate for mayor. This eventually gives "Darryl" the idea to become a masked superhero like "Batman" using his inventions that are made from home appliances.

Naming himself "Blankman", "Darryl" gets the attention of not only the criminal element who are trying to purchase the newly elected mayor, who was suppored by "Darryl" and "Kevin's" grandmother, and the "Lois Lane"-type television reporter, "Kimberly Jonz" (Robin Givens), who catches the eye of "Kevin," but has eyes for "Blankman".

Yet another not-so-great recommendation from Yahoo Movies Personalized Recommendations. However, this one has its moments.

The first problem is the comedy. Too few jokes produce a chuckle. In fact, none of the jokes produce a good laugh. Another problem is that the supporting cast is not well written, and the script is predictable beyond words.

When it comes to predictability, you just knew that the grandmother was going to be killed near the beginning of the movie just seconds before it happened. You also knew that the lead female role, which was not well written if you ask me, would fall head over heels for "Blankman" instead of "Kevin" even before they had their first face-to-face meeting in the film.

One thing that makes the movie worth seeing, other than Williams and Grier, are the inventions created by "Darryl" for his alter-ego. If you laughed at "Data's" "Jaws of Life" in "The Goonies", then the ones in this movie should make you laugh as well.

Another problem with this film is the chemistry of the cast. To me, most of the cast were just there to collect a check and did very little to make the relationships of the characters believable. The strongest chemistry was between Williams, Grier and Givens. Personally, I wanted to see "Kevin" and "Kimberly" get together more than "Robin" and "Darryl"/"Blankman". I think that the blooming romance between "Kimbnerly" and "Blankman" was poorly written in fact, as I felt no chemistry between the two characters.

If you ask me, don't even rent this one. Wait until it comes on HBO or another movie channel. Then wait for a rainy day when there is nothing else on television.
February 11, 2013
Say goodbye, to Other Guy.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
September 17, 2012
Loved this! Damon Wayans needs to make a comeback. The Robot, J5, was the best thing in the movie.
September 3, 2012
Damon Wayans was one of the earliest comic influences to me and I thought he was purely hilarious. With all that being said, this film gets an average review to the pure fact that it was stupid. I like the idea that a small time nerd could make tools out of anything and he does right to take out some criminals in his corrupt city but the acting of Damon in this film was just dumb and I never like David Alan Grier. So Damon Wayans gets a thumbs up from me, but the movie does not.
August 21, 2012
Some annoyance here and there from Damon Wayans, but you can see kick ass really took from this. They just went grittier and lost the cheese. I thought Wayans and Grier were a pretty funny duo, and they've proved it on many occasions. A lot of good superhero references in it as well (Blankman delivering the baby, and bringing it up the elevator- Penguin in Batman Returns).
August 17, 2012
Damon Wayans' childish personality and a few of '60s Batman references is more or less enough to save the film of humiliation.
May 28, 2012
damon wayans cuando empezo
April 19, 2012
It was pretty good.Awesome movie.
April 14, 2012
Talk about a real freakin dud of a movie.
March 31, 2012
Love Damon Wayans, but this was terrible.
February 6, 2012
Blankman plays it light and silly but not so broadly that the movie collapses into chaos.
February 3, 2012
Watch it with friends if you can stand the obsurdness.
October 22, 2011
woww is very funny damon rocks
August 28, 2011
Although the concept has been done before on TV and in movies, I feel Blankman uses the concept well. But it's not necessarily a good movie. It's entertaining yes, but in the way of it's so bad it's good. The comedy may only get a small chuckle out of you at the most, but I would recommend it for hardcore superhero fans who need to make fun of something at the water cooler the next day.
Logan G

July 30, 2011
An unfortunately unfunny, unlikable, uninteresting, uninspiring, unbelievable bad film that makes me sad due to the talent behind the camera.
DaGMan4280
March 3, 2011
im sorry this was crap
GhostShadowX
October 9, 2010
Funny. Gets a chuckle out of me.