91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

Dave Chappelle's Block Party Reviews

June 6, 2014
awesome good funky fun
January 3, 2014
This is the sort of movie that the "special interest" section was invented for. Basically it's a comedy/documentary/performing arts hybrid thats simply cool. It's got some great musicians, Dave Chapelle, and Michael Gondry directing. pretty hard to go wrong!
October 11, 2013
One of the best musical documentaries ever!
May 8, 2013
Great concept bringing unlikely people to go see a hip hop show. The artists involved in the concert are amongst the most legendary hip hop musicians today. Dave Chappelle is as funny as always just interacting with locals from his town. The film is community oriented and is a great documentary in a lacking category, hip hop music. An all around feel good film with a great message.
March 31, 2013
Too crude to my liking
razsurferdude
March 30, 2013
Great muzik, comedy Dave Chappelle did a great job on this project.
March 2, 2013
In my top 20 all time. This film is so perfect.
Cameron F.
October 22, 2012
Some very good rap peppered with Dave Chappelle's infectiously funny personality and an entire marching band? Count me in! Actually, I woulda gone just for Dave, but y'know...
September 30, 2012
Seems like it was a completely awesome event, unfortunately I'm just watching the movie about it.
May 24, 2012
A hit-or-miss: a miss for me. You won't find Chappelle's signature style here, but a collection of awesome dialogues with the signature celebrities of the era. Stay for the humor in the back-and-forths, but I didn't care much for it.
July 7, 2008
Watching it was absolutely like going to a great party.
January 27, 2009
Film about a real and Crazy ad hoc "Block Party" in Brooklyn. But this one has some real headliners, The Fuggees, Mos Def and Kanye West. Some rough but catchy tunes to boot, unusual to say the least.
May 6, 2012
Dave seems to be a lot deeper then just comedy. I actually liked the feeling i got from this film.
April 25, 2012
surprisingly good, i liked half the performers and i generally dont like rap/hip hop. dave has good taste in music.
April 14, 2012
the music was great.
April 2, 2012
Non seulement Chappelle est hilarant, mais en plus il y a du gros son. C'est beau, humain, chaleureux... bref le rem├Ęde anti-crise absolu. Un feel-good docu comme on en fait rarement.
November 13, 2011
I may be a victim to bias on this film, but DCBP is the best example of how to make a concert film hip, smart and endearing all to the tune of the best hip-hop around.
October 6, 2011
Chappelle's attempt to regain some of his roots in leu of his increasing fame is funny, assured, and features great performances from some of the great hip hop artists. I wanted to be there
Cisco T.
July 15, 2011
It's a great celebration and watching the Fugees coming back together for one more time had me all emotional..
Almar
June 17, 2011
Blend The Non-Stop Comedy Of Dave Chappelle, Some Generosity toward a lucky few in a small town Ohio community and a Boatload Of The Most Talented MC's in Hip-Hop, and You have Dave Chappelles Block Party, a Once in a lifetime event that has no choice but to be epic. From Kanye West Entering the Concert as a Marching band Blasts His Song "Jesus Walks" to The Finish With The Reunited Fugees and Lauryn Hill Sending the Rain soaked crowd home with a lifetime of memories. Maybe it's a good thing that Chappelle Ran To Africa, If not we probably wouldnt appreciate him as much.