Blood Night (Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet) Reviews

½ March 30, 2011
A decent little modern slasher film. It has plenty of gore and a few grisly kills. It has a strong start but it felt rushed towards the last 15mins which was a bit of a let down. It's very short at just 80mins in total. Good for a short fix for Slasher fans but we still want better than this.
½ October 15, 2010
better then i though and there gore glore to boot. Main thing wrong was the acting very poor indeed!!!
thefog1331
April 27, 2010
I only watched this for two reasons: gory deaths and Danielle Harris. It delivers on both counts, period.*

*Pun intended.
July 6, 2014
This wasn't bad. The acting was awful, but the story and the gore were pretty good. Not much surprises me anymore when it comes to gore, but even this one had me grossed out!
January 4, 2012
Enjoyable, if predictable, old school style slasher film. A mental young, Mary, girl is put into an asylum for butchering her family but after going through some shit in there manages to escape but gets shot dead. Her exploits become infamous and her legacy of sorts is celebrated every year. This time it seems Mary may have come back from the dead as a buch of dudes at a party start getting killed one by one. As you might have guessed, this is your average slasher fair with blatant Halloween/Friday 13th influences. The prescence of brilliant Bill Moseley and Danielle Harris from Rob Zombies Halloween films and Hatchet 2 give it a bit of credibility and if your after a bit of random late night horror fun then Blood Night is worth a look just don't go in expecting some sort of horror classic.
July 30, 2011
This movie probably would have kicked ass... if I was still in high school.
John2223
½ April 4, 2010
Very gory! Yeah! Death scenes are very well done and explicits BUT it was terminally boring, terribly executed, annoying acting, no thrills, no scares.
Check it for the gore if you like gory movies and you don't care for the rest...otherwise... SKIP IT!
½ September 25, 2014
Some intense scenes in the beginning. Has an 80s horror movie feel. Too much sex scenes. A few bloody scenes are obviously fake.
½ June 27, 2013
Okay, this one was super-duper middle of the road as far as slasher/horror/ghost stories go, but it has a few memorable kills and seemed to mean well with what it was doing. That said, I do have issues with the idea that some small town somewhere would let their high schoolers run amuck one night a year ala Detroit's Devil's Night without just shutting them down once and for all, but I guess you have to suspend disbelief for this type of stuff.

Rental?
½ May 26, 2013
Oh, low budget horror... I used to appreciate you. Props for the filmmakers hiring Bill Moseley and Danielle Harris, both of whom are the best in the cast but in very minor supporting roles. The rest of the cast is filled up with "teens" that don't particularly stand out from one another. There's a lot of blood in this, but low budget horror blood that does little to curdle your own blood. There's also a surprising amount of nudity to appeal to the "Boobies and Blood" crowd. The story is extremely basic run-of-the-mill slash up the teens fare. The script is poorly written, serving the film only passibly and not a matter of importance to the filmmakers who instead opt to focus on sex and death (uninspired too).
January 23, 2013
As usual going into things like this, I expected very little. Ehh, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised. It seemed to me like they made a slasher movie just so they'd have a reason to show a few lame R-rated "sex" scenes and lots of boobies. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it was already too short to begin with. I was mostly disturbed that the crazy chick looked so much like Jennifer Love Hewitt. That's not funny! Anyway, I actually thought this was suspense-filled fun with lots of gore and splatter. Extra half star for throwing a whole bucket of blood on a screaming chick. Oh ya.
½ August 4, 2012
A throwback/homage to classic slasher cinema, Blood Night opens brutally and satisfies throughout. The film particularly capitalizes on the genre's exploitative component by having the slasher/ghost/whatever being nude throughout the entire film. Not that I care about nudity, but it actually adds another revel of creepiness to the film . Bloody as hell and entertaining throughout, Blood Night is a must for fans of slasher films.
August 27, 2011
Wow I can not believe that I wasted my time watching this movie. It seemed liked they cared more about how many times that could show somebody naked or having sex and not enough about the story. It started out promising and then it got boring fast. The end was not all that bad either, I guess it was just the stuff in the middle that sucked really bad.
½ July 6, 2011
I was actually surprised with this movie! It was a great slasher movie! Some parts were over the top but it was good and bloody! (:
December 30, 2009
Decent slasher film with Danielle Harris and Bill Moseley - and apparently Eliza Dushku's older brother. Not sure how they got these actors since this is a really low budget indie flick, but they got the job done. Gore is pretty good, as are the locations, music - even the acting.
Only problem is the entire middle 30 minutes is just the usual teen party/ sex/drinking, blah, blah, blah fest. It's like everyone wants to take a page out of Tarantino's book and just have people talking and chillin out as if it will give insight to their character, but it completely does not. Not when these cookie cutter characters can be interchanged with anyone else.
Oh, and cliche # 56 in horror movies, why do abandoned buildings always have the flashing ceiling lights?
½ February 22, 2015
Amazing how little people working on this film cared about this film and it showed.
June 11, 2013
Poor and Stupid on almost every level.
½ May 31, 2013
The idea was interesting and I liked the premise. With heavy editing, a tighter script, and a meatier role for the amazing Mr. Moseley, this might have been a decent slasher. Instead, it was predictable and the plot fell flat. Danielle Harris was good, I must say.
April 3, 2013
Although not necessarily a completely awful movie, it fell victim to bad acting, an uninteresting and unoriginal story, and such a myriad of teen horror movie cliches it was a bit painful to watch. The gore was good, and it was definitely a bit creepy, but other than that, it's just another slasher flick.