Blood & Donuts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood & Donuts Reviews

November 21, 2013
An odd but acceptable Vamp movie with comical moments that you're not sure were meant to be funny. Not for the tween group that is looking for a Twilight type movie, this is far from it. This is campy to say the least, but that's what makes it fun. Enjoy it for what it is.
½ February 20, 2009
If I were to have seen "Blood and Donuts" in 1995 I would have said it was outdated, because it takes all of its cues from late 80's films like "They Live". However, I found its unusual world interesting, and its take on vampires different enough to keep me invested throughout the film. It's not highly memorable, but is different and was worth the watch.
½ September 2, 2013
Stupid-Good Movie: Seldom does Hollywood's easel of superfluous story-replays, succeed in escaping viewers' acumen. This movie is such a relief from the dull rehashing of tales masquerading as innovative brilliance, arrogantly assuming easy audience acceptance. This story is truly imaginative. This movie is a fun frolic through a donut shop - by a vampire - and some donut shop girl. Is this your typical poorly written script trying to come across as serious scary-theater - - - NO Way. It's poorly written and not trying to fool anyone. Are the actors trying to be serious? You have got to be kidding me. NO Way. Come on! This is a story about donuts and vampires. This flick is cheese with a capital 'C'. In no way are they trying to hide the cheese - it is melted all over the edges. There is no quasi-serious-actor - the flick is one big joke - and the cast is very well aware of it. With all this being said, I enjoyed this bit of entertainment - most brilliant in every aspect. Even as background noise, 'Blood and Donuts', was well worth the time. Rent it - watch it - and devour it.
July 27, 2013
My Favorite Vampire movie !
December 7, 2012
you can find it on You Tube
½ July 17, 2008
A quirky Canadian curiosity that is an oddly unsatisfying film, where the elements of the vampire film and the non-commercial approach of an indie film never adequately congeal together.
½ July 26, 2012
Moments of originality can't help this dull film and it's non-existent story keep anyone's attention for more than five minutes.
½ July 26, 2012
½ April 5, 2011
It sounds like a good movie but why can't I find it here in Flixsters?
December 7, 2008
Awsome movie! Go Janis!
July 24, 2009
An actually good vampire movie. Twilight fans should watch this instead.
July 17, 2008
Another vampire movie that surpassed
½ March 21, 2008
too cute. cheesy shy vampire. never made to be high-budget.
April 10, 2008
No sir, I don't like it.
October 1, 2006
Not interested. In general I don't like horror movies.
June 28, 2007
Looks about as thought-provoking as a tree stump.
June 25, 2007
fackin' brilliant!!! my new favourite movie is here. This title wins the Scriv Safe Seal of Approval Greatest Movie Title Ever Award. As for the actual movie, I don't care a damn donut.
June 24, 2007
A classic now, witty vampire flick thats kinda comically angsty with a fitting ending. Worth to have in my vampire collection if I can find a copy. It's out of print. *sigh*
½ June 17, 2007
It seems cheesy and stupid, at first, but it grows on you!
½ June 8, 2007
It was okay, and rather odd; perhaps I shouldn't have watched it whilst falling asleep.