91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

Blue Hawaii Reviews

jimbotender
jimbotender

September 4, 2008
For your consideration,it's Elvis.Excellent rockabilly singer,what's with the acting you'll ask yourselves?Nothing really,it's for the sake of girlies.Tacky situations and camp classic for those who...dare to sit through (I did).It's a fun passing time if you can handle it and it's mainly interesting to watch Lansbury on a jumpy role.
June 2, 2009
Pretty good even with random bursting into song. Angela Lansbury was HILARIOUS! But then again most righ biggots are always good for a laugh. This one had some more familiar songs from Elivs too.
pammykn
April 27, 2009
I'm on a Elvis roll. Just went to Graceland so all things Elivs fascinate. Enjoyed the setting music and the wholesome fun -- entertaining.
January 9, 2008
Man this movie is funny, the acting was laughable. I enjoyed it for what it was worth. Watch it if you were bored.
bluejays86rock
March 7, 2007
i love elvis presley when he sings but this movie was so so, i like girls girls girls alot more. elvis in concerts are great to watch, yes i am an elvis fan.
peachygreek6
July 28, 2007
I'm almost embarrassed to say I own this film. It's silly and has a crappy plot but Elvis is hot! And while he was never going to win an Oscar his films are always entertaining.
May 26, 2007
My favorite Elvis film! I love the "Can't Help Falling In Love" & "Blue Hawaii" musical numbers are unforgettable. Elvis at his best!
May 25, 2007
Elvis sure does make good movies, a very entertaining film. Great story and great singing by the King himself.
fairy53042000
January 24, 2007
Even tho I am not a big Elvis fan,he made movies that are enjoyable enough for a cloudy Sunday afternoon.
splittailluvr
November 21, 2006
The ultimate Elvis Presley musical of the 1960s and the biggest box office success of his entire movie career. Blue Hawaii is the one that certainly hit the highs with it's blend of comedy, romance, music, scenery and a whole lot a lovies around him.
bigmouthwoman
May 4, 2006
The funniest part is when Elvis starts spanking a girl taking the tour. And they didn't even do it for laughs, which makes it even better.
Diana D.
July 2, 2013
Blue Hawaii was Elvis's most successful film. It had everything an Elvis musical should have: songs, dances, romance, and some silly moments too. The soundtrack is a masterpiece compared to Fun In Acapulco and it's probably one of his best soundtracks of the 60's, including "Can't Help Falling In Love," one of his well-known love songs. The romance in the film, well, is a little too much. There are just too many potential love interests in the film, and one of them is WAY too young also! But I'm not going to spoil it for you. Elvis has his fair share of sassy moments in the film. Honestly, it's a fun film. DON'T watch it for the plot though. It's just one of those funny movies you'd put in the background at a party.
May 3, 2013
Really cheesy puns mixed in a big ball of innuendo... It just goes to show Hollywood was quick to cash in on an easy buck long before today's modern schlock.
April 2, 2012
Nothing more than a few Elvis hits and his good looks.
Robyn M.
August 20, 2012
"Elvis is classic Hollywood, Truly the king of Hotness!"
It's been decades since the King himself has sung live or made a movie, because of his untimely death. Regardless his spirit still lives on through the big screen. The film focuses on Old meets New Hawaii, with breath taking landscape and local Hot spots to this day are still popular. The film excites it's audience with catchy tunes like: 'Fools Fall in Love' Elvis' Greatest #1 hits to date.
March 26, 2012
My favorite of the original Elvis films, Blue Hawaii had such an entertaining soundtrack that I could care less what the plot line was.
miranda v.
March 7, 2012
Since I've seen this movie this is what I watch alot of. Elvis was a great musician and a great actor. He was the real star beside Joan Blackman. I give this movie 8 thumbs up!!
starlett2005
March 10, 2010
Blue Hawaii is a decent film. Elvis Presley gives an adequate performance. The script is okay but at least the music is good. His co-stars give good performances which includes Angela Lansbury. I recommend this movie if you like Elvis Presley.
Geoker
November 6, 2009
The soundtrack album, including the all time hit song, "Can't Help Falling In Love", was Elvis' most successful chart album. It spent 20 consecutive weeks on the #1 spot of the Billboard Top LP's chart in 1961-1962 (a record to be broken only in 1977 by Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors"
If you love Hawaii, you'll love this movie.
jazza923
June 16, 2007
One of Elvis presley's better movies, and it is helped very much by the presence of Angela Lansbury, who portrays his mother. Some really good songs in this one, especially "Can't Help Falling In Love". Good production values.