• Body Bags

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Body Bags Reviews

MurderCapital
July 13, 2008
The movie "Body Bags" was originally a pilot episode for a TV series in the style of "Tales From The Crypt" and "Tales From The Darkside" to be aired on Showtime, but for some reason the series got shut down before any more episodes were made. Here we get three short horror movies, two directed by John Carpenter and one by Tobe Hooper. Entertaining for the moment, but nothing really memorable.
March 6, 2009
the first of the 3 storys is the best and the other two are average made for TV episode but this movie is a pilot for a TV series so is not bad
FamousLastW0RD
August 22, 2008
meh all three were creepy but wern't that Great of a short film
_kelly .

May 4, 2008
Belongs on the scifi channel, where I first saw it as a kid. Though I understand the desire to appear in your own movies, I don't think John Carpenter does a good job as the storyteller, better off behind the camera, and Tobe Hooper out acts him with a mere three lines. None of the three stories stand out. The first is best directed in terms of pacing and visuals, but the second has the strongest storyline. The third one shows us Mark Hamill at his acting worst, and ends in anti-climatic and predictable manner. All these stories suffer from the usual hiccups of horror scripts - too many illogical details placed within it just to attach one scare to another. Not a classic like so many horror fans claim. Basically a bunch of horror directors got together to do a cameo fest under the guise of a "Tales from the Darkside" type scary stories compilation. Not as good as another crapulation from the same era, Creepshow.
December 7, 2007
And the John Carpenter dick riding train has halted to a stop. These short stories weren't "horrible", but, they were pretty damn close. A guy gets a hair trainsplant from an alien that turns him into a hairy man. I know I'm scared!! Only good part was that in one short, Mark Hammel gets in a car accident and loses his job...been there, disfigured that!
StaisilD
October 14, 2007
Body Bags starts in a morgue where the attendant (John Carpenter) enjoys his job, he particularly likes the stiffs that come in in black body bags for they contain the murder, accident & suicide victims. Each one seems to have they're own morbid tale of how they ended up on the coroners autopsy table. Jump to Haddonfield where our first story titled 'The Gas Station' is set. A serial killer is on the loose & new gas station employee Anne (Alex Datcher) is preparing for a long lonely night-shift. Anne becomes increasingly paranoid about everyone who turns up believing any of them may be a serial killer. The next body belongs to a someone who committed suicide in a story called 'Hair'. Richard Coberts (Stacy Keach) is losing his hair & it's ruining his life, confidence & self esteem. Wanting to impress his girlfriend Megan (Sheena Easton) he contacts Dr. lock (David Warner) who promises a miracle hair regrowth treatment, unfortunately the procedure has some unexpected & very much unwanted side-effects. The final segment is entitled 'Eye' & features pro baseball player Brent Matthews (Mark Hamil) who appears to have an almost perfect life, that is until he is involved in a car accident in which he loses his right eye. However Dr. Lang (John Agar) has spent the past 10 years of his life perfecting an eye transplant & Brent becomes the first beneficiary of the treatment, unfortunately the operation is not without it's problems. Technically Body Bags is pretty solid considering it's a TV produced film, nothing spectacular but at the same time it's generally well made.
October 12, 2007
WASNT REALLY ALL OF THAT, BUT I WAS ALWAYS WATCHIN IT! I LIKED IT!
marcl11
September 24, 2007
Not perfect but interesting horror flick coming from Pay TV, including two sketches directed by JC and the third one done by Tobe Hooper (POLTERGEIST). I have to admit that the best one was Hooper's (with Mark Hamill), Carpenter's sketches being a little bit standard fare. The second one about the growing hair (with an outrageous Stacy Keach) was kind of funny, though. And I couldn't keep myself from smiling at seeing JC as the master of ceremony.
August 3, 2007
I saw this! It was....weird.