—— The Identical Sep 05

The Bone Collector Reviews

murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
A great film. Angelina Jolie is such a great actress. A must see!
Apeneck F

April 9, 2011
Star vehicle cat and mouse with denzel as the old hand and angelina as the rookie learning the ropes: can they catch the killer in time? Okay thriller boosted by a competent support cast.
Dean !

July 8, 2007
A very good cat and mouse thriller as an ex-cop teams up with a rookie to investigate crime scenes to track down a serial killer.
Spencer S

August 3, 2010
There was definitely good acting by Jolie and Washington, but the psychological aspects weren't all there. It was interesting, but not ultimately a slam dunk.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 11, 2007
after like my 5th viewing or so, i still really enjoy this film. far fetched and a bit forced at times, but this film balances thrills well with charm and entertainment at a high level.
Conner R

January 18, 2010
This mainly gets such a low rating due to the fact that it is one of the most predictable movies ever. It is completely ruined within twenty minutes. Denzel Washington also gives the same old boring performance, essentially the only standout is Angelina Jolie. She did a great job and makes the movie at least fun to watch.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 2, 2009
Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie never dissapoint their Fans.
Anthony L

September 22, 2009
Predictable but entertaining enough.
Jason O

August 15, 2009
I don't understand how this movie is getting such bad reviews. In my opinion, it's one of the best movies of the year. I've watched it 3 times and I still want to watch it some more. Denzel Washington stars as a forensic expert who is paralyzed. With the help of his computer and an up-and-coming detective (Angelina Jolie), he might have a chance to catch this serial killer who kills people by certain means such as giving them a deep cut, then seeking rats on them to eat them alive.
I thought "The Bone Collector" was very thought provoking and compelling. Even after seeing it a few times, I still like watching it. Everybody does a great job acting, especially Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. I recommend everybody to get "The Bone Collector." NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. Good movie.
familiar s

January 6, 2009
Could have been much better. The motive needed a detailed explanation.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Good actors but the plot didn't keep my interest.
middleeasternfilms
middleeasternfilms

March 18, 2008
Good acting by all involved and has some good names and an interesting plot, but didn't keep my attention like it should have. Not a great film, but not a bad one, either.
Tim S

July 30, 2007
Denzel paralyzed is better than most actors at their best.
Jason S

December 28, 2006
This is an excellent flick. Washington pulls off the character perfectly and Jolie was great as well. The pacing was good and the feeling of suspense held out through the whole movie.
It's brave to make one of the main characters of the flick unable to move at all. Despite this challenge the character was powerful and amazing to watch on screen.
Stephen M

September 23, 2007
A very silly film. We're supposed to believe that the Police Department would let a rookie cop onto a scene-of-crime to collect forensic evidence when they pay dudes to do that stuff for a living! Tripe! Also, it doesn't help that the serial killer's games are so random and erudite that the viewer can't play along. So by-the-book if you turn the volume up you can hear the pages turning. I suppose we have "Se7en" to blame for this one.
Lady D

July 28, 2006
Much better than I remember this film being. At the time of it's release I wasn't too impressed by it, but this time around I found it a pretty enjoyable film.

Can't say that there were any outstanding performances in this one and it wasn't particularly gory for a serial killer film, but I don't really think that was the main focus here, it was more to do with working together during the circumstances
deano
deano

July 8, 2007
All-my favourite suspense-thriller film and Denzel and Angelina are great teamwork in searching the clues.
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 3, 2007
yech!
garyX
garyX

February 23, 2007
One of a seemingly endless and interchangable serial killer movies that tried to cash in on the success of Silence of the Lambs. Efficient, but it involves all the usual cat and mouse games, clue-leaving and twists that are so utterly predictable and cliched by todays standards.
Luke B

August 22, 2006
Yet another thriller that attempted to replicate Se7en. Jolie and Washington are great, but after a while you stop caring and only want to know who the killer is. Has a few creepy moments and develops great atmosphere. Just a shame Washington is in bed for the whole film.