19% Transcendence Apr 18

April 13, 2014
one of the best from Denzel Washington
Just James
March 28, 2014
Denzel Washington is forensics expert Lincoln Rhymes who is brought in on a grisly case when a twisted serial killer emerges. With the assistant of officer Amelia Donaghy played by Angelina these two must work as a team before the killer kills again. Who would've thought a suspense thriller where the main character is bed ridden would be so tense? It just goes to show Director Phillip Noyce knows how to get under your skin whilst keeping the answer hidden until the very end, and by the end I was still guessing. I liked the set-up and the characters, but the plot is still your rather typical who-dunnit, but the actual murders and images of the victims are disturbing and grim enough to set The Bone Collector apart from other thrillers. The pipe steam scene topped the gore level, whilst you never see the women get scalded it's implied, you can imagine the heat searing her skin off, and it's the reactions and expressions from the actors that make the whole moment feel more real. With a line-up like Washington, Jolie, Latifah and Cannavale the talent scale is at a high level and their performances are incredbile, watch this movie now!
April 21, 2013
One of my favorites - both book & movie!
May 7, 2010
It didn't really engage me as much as a crime thriller should. I won't spoil anything, but the ending was very random and weak. (First and only full viewing - May 2013)
December 21, 2013
Not a "must see" but a "can watch it".
CmdrMarc
December 16, 2013
Interesting plot, great cast, but mundane and lifeless film. Needed a better script to be this serious.
December 11, 2013
nach so langer zeit immer noch für spannend befunden
November 3, 2013
Film "the Power of Fear" was a surprisingly exciting, Denzel Washington played very well in the movie!!!My score to the film 4 out of 5!!
J.W
May 18, 2011
Phillip Noyce is a brilliant director, his latest adventure Salt is spectacular and The Bone Collector is one of his other unforgettable movies, a mysterious and nerve shredding suspense thriller with unpredictable plot turns throughout. With an excellent cast with the likes of Angelina Jolie, Denzel Washington, Ed O'Neill and Queen Latifah and a phenomenal twist end that had me literally at the edge of my seat with shock.
September 8, 2013
Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie muster enough electricity to make The Bone Collector a watchable thriller.
July 10, 2007
Not bad. Not good. Not altogether memorable.
filmlover1994
July 23, 2013
1999's Fight Club Is One Of My Favorite Films.
Dave J
July 15, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013

(1999) The Bone Collector
THRILLER

Based on the Jeffrey Deavor novel starring Denzil Washington as top criminologist Lincoln Rhyme and as a result of an accident becomes a paraplegic where he can do nothing except stay in bed 24/7. A murder is discovered, and rookie cop happens to be nearby and volunteers to investigate and she is Amelia Donaghy played by Angela Jolie. Ryme wants her to stick to the case even though she doesn't really want to but is somehow forced into it since it's assumed that these other specific cops generally fumble at collecting and gathering evidence rather than follow Ryme's rules.

Although based on novel by author Deavor, this movie has many visual similarities to the 1991 movie "Silence Of the Lambs" where the Jodie Foster character has to work with the Anthony Hopkins in order to catch a deranged serial killer. In this case, Jolie has to work with Washington and they're great together in much of the film, but they're so many unnecessary scenes of victims being tortured to death when it may have worked more effectively if they showed them as the two stars were solving it. The director Phillip Noyce obviously had to compromise with producers who wanted the audience to feel the same pain as the killer's victims do. I mean, just because it works on some serial killer films, it doesn't mean that it'll work on this film. I mean how can the audience look at the point of view of the serial killer when we don't even know what he looks like in the first place.

2 out of 4 stars
July 18, 2013
Watch it for some sparkling performances.
July 5, 2013
muy buena pelicula excelente trama
July 30, 2007
A well done suspense movie that has a decent story, good acting from the whole cast (I think this is one of Luis Guzmans best film and it is always nice to see Ed O'Neill in a serious movie) and a nice pace. Yes, it is a little gross in parts, but overall this is a good film that is worth seeing, plus seeing Denzel and Angelina together was kinda cool.
April 27, 2013
great movie!!!! and Denzel is simply a cutie!!!!!
April 21, 2013
WHEN I FIRST SAW IOT IWAS ABOUT 7-8 AND IT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME
hakkanarejo
August 2, 2010
The Bone Collector is a suspense thriller that combines Rear Window and Seven. Two cops on the trail of a brutal serial killer must see as one, act as one, and think as one before the next victim falls. Lincoln Rhyme (Denzel Washington) is an intelligent forensics detective who was paralyzed in the line of duty. The author of several books, he has a keen eye for detail and nose for clues that have made him a legend in the law enforcement community. Amelia Donaghy (Angelina Jolie) is a street-smart policewoman in her twenties. On her last day as a street cop, before being transferred to a desk job, Amelia discovers a badly mutilated corpse. Rhyme is asked to investigate the case, but he declines. To him, it is an open-and-shut case not worth his time. But when he takes a close look at the evidence, he is intrigued, as the photos reveal complex messages in their details. The lunatic, who might be a taxi driver (a Scorsese allusion), amuses himself by paying homage to legendary murders in his own gruesome acts. Amelia is assigned to assist Rhyme, and she must be the eyes and ears of the quadriplegic detective. And they must capture the killer before he strikes again. Written by Jeremy Iacone and based on a book of the same title by Jeffrey Deaver, The Bone Collector was directed by the Australian thriller specialist Phillip Noyce, who directed such films as Clear and Present Danger and Dead Calm.
July 2, 2007
Extremely forgettable. Denzel Washington is a terrific actor, but he takes on a lot of roles in very bad films. I guess he just likes the craft.