• R, 1 hr. 31 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Bone Snatcher Reviews

Sylvester K

September 3, 2012
I don't understand this film, I really don't. So there are some carnivorous ants in the desert, alright. Acting... Non-existent, plot... Non-existent. Definitely one of the least scary horror films. The special effect was really crappy, even for a low budget B-movie. Most of the film is about characters reading lines, don't even bother with this junk.
June 22, 2010
Wow, what can I say about this bad "B" flick. First the concept was lame, the cast were virtually no namers, the ants stole the movie and the writers must have been smoking crack"
EVERYTHINGISBIGGERINTEXAS
August 20, 2008
Once upon a time eye was flipping through TV and stumbled upon the Sci-Fi Channel and thought hay look a B movie to add to my review. And what do you know the movie absolutely deserved to be in this list. The acting could have been better done by those kids in the McDonalds advertisements for all eye know. The plot was simple a monster takes bones and whatnot kills people and repeats throughout. Now eye am a big fan of B movies but there are always movies like this that tell me why they just aren't made with quaility any more. The effects look like they couldv'e been better done by some lazy college kid. Bottom line take every copie of this mutant to Area 51 and bury it in the sand for it fossilize and hopefully never uncovered by future generations.
Ken D

November 6, 2007
Incredible disappointment with this film. Very weak acting with a weak script with very weak CGI. And it movied at such a slow pace, that I fell asleep watching this. I should've knew better than to finish watching this.
carlphish
November 8, 2006
This movie was horribly written, terribly acted and just plain stupid.
It wasn't scary, or even interesting. Two thumbs down.
September 20, 2013
At first it seemed like this was going to be a winner. A team searches the African desert for a few missing people, only to find their bones picked clean. Later on we find out that the desert is infested with man-eating ants which, in order to hunt and survive, swarm up along with human remains, creating some sort of a zombified creature.

Although an interesting concept, it was poorly executed. The characters are only barely exposed to danger, we hardly even get a good look of the creature, and generally the plot was extremely slow-paced and boring. Most of the time we just witness our main characters traveling through the desert, chatting, and staying up during the night.

As for the special effects, the monster, and the ants along with it, were done mostly in bad CGI and everything looked extremely fake. The only visually appealing thing here was the desert shooting location.

Overall this one was a borefest, and a waste of an interesting concept. Don't waste your time.
April 27, 2013
Just saw it. I can only think that the 25% of the audience that "liked it" were ants. This was a bad movie. Nothing redeems this movie, even with the "twist" at the end when the "scientist" sacrifices the love interest. Watch ANYthing else... even Lincoln vs the Vampires. Run. Save yourself. Don't go in there. BE the one that survives.
October 28, 2012
The concept of the film has potential, but really low-budget special effects hinder it into C movie lameness. The movie could have been much scarier with better visuals of the monster, but like I said- shockingly low budget on that front! It is cool to see this movie set in the S. African desert, as the landscapes are interesting. I give it 1 star for the setting, and the potential of the plot.... and 1/2 star for fairly descent acting, plus Rachel Shelley is hot. Obviously much more could have been done to this film to make it better. At the end, it looks like another one of the monster's eggs is being transported by Rachel in the taxi- could this lead to a Snatcher II? We can only anticipate! LoL
Sylvester K

September 3, 2012
March 16, 2011
this was quite good-- acting and script, minimalist. better than hyped crap with hollywood twits like inception
Jason B.
March 4, 2011
I gave this movie 30% because of the great acting (considering the script). The script, story, directing and music, I give a 0%. And this is why:
In the movie, nothing is explained at all, every single turn of events which comes about happens "just because". 90% of these events can not possible be fixed even with careful planning as to why they happen. This is about the script and story.

Directing here had some mediocre moments, but got destroyed by the terrible portrayal of the monster thingy. The first thing that happens in the movie after the title is the monster (basically.. maybe within 5 minutes), and when I saw this, I really hoped that this was just a stupid mistake, but sadly no, it wasn't. Whenever the monster came around, the camera moved so fast all over the place that I had trouble figuring out whether this was intentional, or the editor kept sneezing at every frame. That is the directing.

Music was absolutely badly placed here, the "suspenseful" music played at the worst times, meaning at any times, meaning: in the movie there as not a single suspenseful moment (although there is suppose to be, as it seems the director intended for it, but failed).

I will not give away the ending to anyone in case anybody cares to see this movie, if only to learn about what NOT to do when making a movie. But just so say, the ending is the MOST unsatisfying ending I have ever seen in any movie, story, cartoon, TV show of any kind, or any other source of anything. Some people might think I am being too harsh, but if you see the movie, you will understand why the ending is so absolutely terrible.

The actors in this movie were great on the other hand, I found them to be better actors then the well known ones like Angelina Jolie, (I wont get in to why that is, but I have good reasons)..

Strangely enough I still would recommend this movie, but only to those who enjoy terrible movies with good actors. And especially to those who ever thought of making a film of their own, or writing a script, for anything. This movie really gives away the tricks of the trade by showing you EXACTLY what NOT to do in a movie :)

And that's my 2 cents.

PS: Now that I think about it, I will add 10% more for directing, music and story, just for trying :)
FilmGrinder S.
November 29, 2010
A good little unsupernatural?/horror/adventure in the deseart. The acting is decent. The creature CGI passable. Was pleasently suprized.
dc_disciple
June 15, 2005
I was browsing through the 2 for a buck section at my local video store (as I often do when I need something to watch or am just bored) and I came upon The Bone Snatcher. Heres the short plot description: The film is about a guy who designs survival equipment, and he ends up in the desert for "field work." He meets some people, including a girl. These people start getting killed by something unknown. But of course, we know what is killing them. The film is called the Bonesnatcher. And it does, it picks the bones clean and then takes them. The Bonesnatcher itself is worth a look. For a low budget, First Look picture (who has released such classics as Ed Gein) the film is well made. The script isnt very strong. There is a hint of a love story, but it doesnt weigh down the film. There is tension between characters, though not too much. But the best part of the film lies in the Bonesnatcher. It looks good, though I couldnt figure out why it was afraid of gasoline. Anyway, the movie was worth the fitty cent I paid to rent it. It wasnt particularly scary, but it was mildly entertaining.
www_vacuity_de
January 29, 2004
Now I know better what a B-movie is. This is definitely one. Really awful. Some called [b]The Butterfly Effect[/b] a B-movie. These people must be really kidding. But [b]The Bone Snatcher[/b] is really one. I don't know what I was really thinking when I thought that title sounded like a cool movie.