97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Boost Reviews

August 1, 2014
not a great film but its worth watching because of James Woods performance. Love this guy. A true actor
March 10, 2014
Pretty flawed, but a damn good ride. Crashing and burning and cocaine-ing and lude-ing and yelling and striking deals/wives and losing deals and shit.
January 22, 2014
Okay, so James Woods seems coked up even before he gets on drugs, and every possible druggy cliche that you can imagine happens to our drugged up couple, lost in California and in over their heads and it all just comes off like a Reagan-era anti-drug screed rather than a plausible turn of events.

Might be worth a rental to laugh at though, I found it pretty amusing.
March 13, 2011
Classic drugs-will-ruin-your-life movie. It's also fun to watch James Woods all coked out.
February 23, 2011
Awesome story of a man who could have had it all, but decided to snort it all away.
Gordon Franklin Terry Sr
August 16, 2010
SSSNNNOOOOOOOOOORRRRRTING COCAINE is very bad . . . Cocaine Gives you an edge over your competition but then it totally EATS YOU ALIVE.
(twenty-three years ago some guys were snorting cocaine off glass surface of the coffee table near me . . . there was NO WAY I was going to SNORT COCAINE or "shoot-up" PRIMARILY because of
THE BOOST

LESS THAN ZERO

BRIGHT LIGHTS BIG CITY

WIRED

. . . RUSH was too stupid
and SCARFACE (with Al Pacino) was too CRAZY

Coke-Movies and John Belushi's death when I was 10 years old SAVED me from SNORTING COCAINE.

You have to understand: John Belushi was as WELL-KNOWN in 1982 as President Obama is today . . .

and when John Belushi died and The Way in which John Belushi DIED really PHASED me.

Less than a year before, we were laughing at JOHN BELUSHI in NEIGHBORS and then John Belushi was dead from INJECTING cocaine AND Heroin.

It was Hard on my mind twenty-eight years ago . . .the SUDDEN transition from LIFE to DEATH simply because of COCAINE.

Roger Ebert gave the film three-and-a-half of a possible four stars in a Dec. 28, 1988 Chicago Sun-Times review, calling the film "one of the most convincing and horrifying portraits of drug addiction I've ever seen."

. . . of course THE BOOST got a 50% Percent on Rotten Tomatoes because people can't appreciate THE BOOST probably because they've never experienced the DEVASTATION drugs can cause in a person's life.

. . .I look at "These COKE-Movies" as ROAD-SIGNS indicating DANGERS that lie ahead if you SSSSSNNNNOOOOOORRRRT cocaine.
kingofthecorn
July 19, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

James Woods gives yet another fantastic performance. Dark and tough to watch at times but it is a good portrayal of drug use and its potential consequences.
October 7, 2007
It's been forever since I've seen it, but what I remember about it is that it is a very hard-hitting movie with a very sad ending.
hermione862
July 17, 2008
a very interesting story about a couple that had beautiful dreams, all shattered when the man started using cocaine. You'll learn a lot from this movie.
TerrorAustralis
April 16, 2007
While both James Woods and Sean Young both give solid performances, unfortunately the film itslef is a very unsatisfying anti-drug drama that has a cliched plot and at times it becomes very melodramatic which takes you out of the film.
shakur818
March 15, 2007
Cocaine is a hell of a drug!!!
animeheather
March 12, 2007
Great plot but I think much more could have really saved this movie.
mikebeyer44
August 10, 2006
Unsettling. In the right movie, James Woods is the MAN.
yram212001
yram212001

May 29, 2006
what a terrible "lesson" movie on drugs. so many forced scenes and hype. dont waste your time like i did.