Bootmen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bootmen Reviews

½ December 27, 2007
Good movie.
January 14, 2010
well this lil number co-stars Sam Worthignton (you had to see that coming, right?O Anyway so Sean (Adam arcia) & Mitch (Sam) He & tapped danced as kids. (something tell me that was the mom?s choice..) as kids & currently working at a steel factory in a coastal Australian town. Sean is the nly one to get the chance to be part of a tap show in Sydney but doesn?t last long as he gets in row with one of the lead dancer (who he?s better, Younger & better looking than) Mitch is out liftin cars so he can get the truck he wants. When it comes to the industrialized tap.. makes it a lot more entertaining than just a regular tap dancing recital. (I took tap dancing , this movie amused me more than when I was in the class. Plus the choreography was so much better than the older classes. Mmm wonder if I could try some of those moves out..) Well Sam?s character & this other character named huey (what a dorky name for someone that?s suppose to be badass.. are somewhat at war with each other so there?s many levels to the movie, to me original when it comes to creativity.. I have to give the guy credit for doing this in a steel mil if that?s for real (I think its based on a real person?s story) so I?ll give this one a B cause it was funny, Dramatic & well one part just about gave me a heart attack. B
½ December 5, 2007
"Footloose" meets "The Full Monty" in Bootmen, a cliche-ridden tap dance drama.
½ June 24, 2013
Really enjoyable Australian tap dance movie with very different choreography. This really isn't anything like the old Fred and Ginger or Ruby Keeler movies from the 30s.
August 10, 2012
Despite not offering a plot that hasn't been seen or done before, 'Bootmen' still manages to come across as a fresh and thoroughly entertaining piece. Adam Garcia doesn't always prove to be a strong lead, but is such a likeable presence and is supported by a host of great performers that it's easy to forgive the film's few shortcomings.
½ April 26, 2012
Watching this right now... I'm really enjoyed the industrial tap motif. Great performances in this.
December 21, 2011
Garcia & Worthington are fine, but Sophie Lee is so bad, she ruins every scene she is involved in, much like Malin Akerman in Watchmen.
April 27, 2006
Eh, fine. Felt like it ended too soon and didn't rise to the occasion. A cheap punch or two, but who can fight Adam Garcia's amazing out-of-this-world look and charm? A 6 just for THAT!