Born To Be Wild - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Born To Be Wild Reviews

½ April 7, 2011
Gorgeous and truly touching. Anything involving elephants should be a four star slam dunk for me at minimum. So why stop at 3 and a half? The length is ridiculously short. The amount of footage not used must have been tremendous. Why not let the audience see more? Both subjects have had hour long documentaries done on them in the past. Let us see more of the antics.
January 30, 2016
As long as there are people in the world that are passionate about assisting nature rather than to destroy or exploit it for power or money, then there is still hope for us as a species. To me, this film is a glimpse of what we (humans) could be if more of us were to cherish the earth we live on.

We could solve so many global problems, including but not limited to our own. If we, as a whole, can just wake up and change the way we see the world, the possibilities are endless. Money, fame, and power can't be taken with you when you die....sooo wouldn't it make more since to work towards making the earth a better place for our children and grandchildren and so on?
½ May 21, 2015
OK it was boring! But 3D effects were good and orangutans were cute! Morgan Freeman did nice narration... But I don't wanna watch it again! Next!
November 4, 2011
A lighthearted, environmentalist romp that is sure to have the female audience saying, "Awww...they're so cute."
½ December 20, 2012
Born to be Wild doesnâ(TM)t have much to offer in an educational aspect, but that doesnâ(TM)t prevent this beautifully filmed and charming documentary from maintaining a smile on my face for the brief entirety of the film. I was enraptured with utter joy watching high quality cuteness while also maintaining my belief in human kindness.
October 26, 2012
Surprised me a lot. It's more than your average documentary, Its extremely powerful and well made. Loved every minute of it.
June 20, 2012
Extremely well made. A great documentary if you haven't seen this sort of documentary a 100 times before.
June 15, 2012
Another Morgan Freeman-narrated documentary on the topic of animal orphanages in two separate continents. A beautiful one, even. It would be much better had the movie lasted more than a mere 40 mins and span on more stories than just the orangutans and the elephants. But for now, this would suffice!
May 10, 2012
This is the type of movie that you enjoy seeing on the big screen...yet with a message. An IMAX doer. Also now playing "To the Arctic" (3D). I really appreciate these movies, a nice repreive from the theatrical releases--entertaining and edifying. See it.
May 2, 2012
April 21, 2012
It was a really enjoyable and very cute nature documentary. It had amazing cinematography, great narration, lots of adventure, plenty of laughs, great music and a very interesting storyline. It's one of the best nature movies of the last year. I highly recommend this movie for kids and adults.
½ April 20, 2012
If you don't mind documentaries geared toward kids, this is a good film. It has interesting content for any animal lover.
½ August 8, 2011
We loved the movie. It was well done, and I loved the 3D effect.The animals almost came out and touched me.lol It was more like a documentary than a real movie. It was too short. I wasn't ready for it to end. Morgan Freeman did an exceptional job as the narrator. I loved the way the people were dedicating their lives to taking care of those orphan animals.Perfect family movie and very education and entertaining.
July 2, 2011
Although I've always found it hard to rate documentaries, this movie has enough heart to steal my vote.
June 16, 2011
Born to Be wild is an amazing movie. I went to see it in Imax 3D and came out inspired and uplifted. The Film is based of an amazing true story of two real life fairy godmothers and how one adopts and raises orphaned orangutans (Dr. Birute Galdikas) and the other elephants (Daphne Sheldrick). The movie was very entertaining and funny, and Morgan Freeman did a great job (as always) narrating. I loved following the two story's and every day lives of the two women and of course the animals. The bond between the animals and humans is unbelievable, and I loved the scene were one of the orangutans started eating the noodles right of a women's plate! Like I mentioned before, this is a hilarious, touching and just plain good movie. Highly Recommended for anyone of any age! Born to be loved, Born to be free. Born To Be Wild.
May 28, 2011
Two grandmas' stories. Would have liked more science on how these rescue missions are doing, but in 3D IMAX you won't give that much thought.
May 12, 2011
One of the best IMAX documentaries I've ever seen. Plus, anything with Morgan Freeman is awesome by default.
April 24, 2011
Whenever Morgan Freeman narrates something, he always has our attention. Those who want to will learn a lot about how similiar orangutans and elephants are to humans. Majority of the audience afterward only talked about how cute all the babies were and the whole 40-minute film is an "Awww" fest. There are important issues about conservation and keeping the cycle of life intact. These people do an amazing job saving and raising these animals. As a whole though, it didn't have that "epicness" which would have made it a great IMAX film. It was more an observation than an exploration. If it wasn't in 3D, this could have easily have been something I could watch on the Discovery Channel.

Grade: B
April 8, 2011
This is a movie that everyone should see at least once. It takes an interesting look into how orphaned orangutans and elephants are raised to be able to return to the wild. These young elephants and orangutans have lost their parents to poaching. These young ones are very similar to human babies and act very similarly. The young elephants are used to being in large groups, which means having a number of trainers around. The relationships that are forged between these animals and their human counterparts lasts forever. Go and see this movie!