Boundin' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Boundin' Reviews

½ September 10, 2009
This short film is not as good or funny, but it is a bit charming in it's own little way. This story is sweet, delightfully colourful and well-animated from Pixar, but dull enough.
June 22, 2012
My least favorite Pixar short, but not terrible
July 6, 2009
The movie starts perky enough but too quickly it becomes clear that this is a fairly standard tale of being confident in yourself regardless of looks. The moral being worn is not a major problem in itself but it is when it takes away from the rest of the movie. From the early dance onwards the movie doesn't do very much and, as it is short, uses up most of the space on this simple point. This means it isn't as funny or as fresh as it needed to be and only the side characters amused me. It still looks great of course and is a darn sight more kiddie friendly than the actual feature movie was. The sheep is well drawn to be not cute and thus take away from the whole point of the movie, the jackalope did nothing for me but the support animals were cute and funny and the owl drew a laugh from me. Overall this is an OK short movie but unless the rest of the field are average.
November 29, 2013
It was a really great, very humorous and very entertaining Pixar animated short. It had really great animation, really great music, great narration, great characters, really great visuals, great humor and a great story. It's one of the best Pixar animated shorts of 2004. I've seen this short movie before "The Incredibles." I will recommend this short movie to both kids and adults.
½ January 2, 2012
Solid Pixar effort, but not my favorite. It has a lot to offer, and is quite different from a lot of the other work Pixar has produced, but I wouldn't count it among their best work or one of my favorites. But it still has that level of quality we've come to expect from the studio. I did like the characters and the animation for sure, there was just something about it that kept it from being perfect.
June 15, 2009
Cool animation, but this one is pretty gay...It was a poem. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be Seuss-like. I actually had to fast forward through some of this one...
February 4, 2009
An excellent Pixar Short film. Funny, with a bit of a lesson to the story regarding pride and the benefits of optimism, this one is a bit more like the classic Loony Toons/Merry Melodies cartoons. Available on the Pixar Short Films Collection or with the Incredibles DVD.
November 24, 2015
Not bad but not quite up to Pixar's usual quality.
July 5, 2015
But why couldn't he keep on dancing without his wool instead of starting to bounce?
February 25, 2013
A sheep dances proudly in his southwestern landscape, until one day his wool is sheared and he is left naked. He's depressed and shy, until a cheerful jackalope comes along and shows him how to leap proudly and not to be ashamed.
April 23, 2012
I didn't enjoy it, felt the style was different from Pixar. 1/5
June 28, 2011
A typical Pixar short with biggest moral of life.
June 24, 2011
An inspiring story of a sheep who learns his true self from a jackalope.
May 22, 2011
Boundin' has remained my favourite short story ever since I first saw it on a DVD of 'The Incredibles'. The story is absolutely 'feel good' with a lovely message. Its about a happy sheep that dances around in its neighbourhood, displaying its pretty coat of wool, much to the envy and adoration of its neighbours. One day, the sheep is taken away and all of its wool is sheared off and it is dumped back. This really upsets the sheep, as it feels that it now looks ridiculous without its woolen coat. Along comes a jackalope, which tells that sheep that there is nothing to mope about and there is a lot more that it can do, all it needs is to get up and start bounding. The sheep gets back its lost spirit, starts soaring high and is happy again. Every once in a year, the sheep is taken away, and all its wool is sheared off, but it doesn't care anymore. it just bounds and bounds and rebounds... :) The story ends on a very touching note saying that, 'now in this world there are ups and downs... its so nice to know there are jackalopes around'
October 18, 2010
I don't really like that short. It has a ridiculos Story and isn't that Funny. The Characters are annoying too. The Animation are good and the Sound too.