Critic Review - New York Observer

A film that is at best misguided, at worst stubbornly flashy, garbled and ready to file in the drawer labeled 'instantly forgettable.'

June 25, 2002 Full Review Source: New York Observer | Comments (17)
New York Observer
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

Stuart Wilson

Stuart Wilson

"instantly forgettable"... you twat!!!

Aug 26 - 06:48 AM

Karvalics Bence

Karvalics Bence

people should forget this very nicely formed critic

Sep 15 - 01:56 PM

KissThe Giss

KissThe Giss

instantly forgettable like godfather, field of dreams, wizard of oz and titanic

Sep 29 - 12:19 AM

John Schauster

John Schauster

top critic my ass

Jan 12 - 09:07 PM

Helen Eschenbacher

Helen Eschenbacher

Oh Rex! Did Matt Damon ward off your sexual advances??

Jan 20 - 02:38 PM

Dylan P.

Dylan P

This review is actually correct in my opinion.

Jan 26 - 01:10 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Then you're just as stupid and ignorant as this douchebag is... this is one of best movie from the last decade!! Just like the other 2 Bourne movies!!! It's been ten years since this movie came out and I STILL enjoy watching it!!!

May 2 - 08:27 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

Wow calm down. As if he's a bad person. I can call you an asshole for liking it, too.

Nov 4 - 09:26 AM

Anthony Burke

Anthony Burke

How people like you are employed is beyond me!! Fucking imbasil.

Feb 8 - 09:20 AM

Farid Mukhtar

Farid Mukhtar

LMAO...instantly forgettable??
just STFU will you?!!

Apr 18 - 07:06 AM

Joel Wong

Joel Wong

instantly forgettable??...how did you ever get to be a top critic??

May 31 - 08:39 PM

Chris R.

Chris R

Like everyone else, Im listening again for the first 3 Bourne movies before the next one with Renner (yes, it is a independent story, I know).

I justed watched "Identity" for maybe the 10th time or so since it first came out.

"Instantly forgettable" ? Wow. How can you miss by that much in a single 2 words sentence ? Im sure he changed his mind since he wrote that critic. I hope so.

Today is 2012. The movie is still on par with the best action movies around. The deep influence it had on the genre (Bond Casino Royale for example) is now evident.

The soundtrack still give me goosebumps.

I would still bet on Bourne over Ethan Hunt or James Bond anytime in a paintball challenge, ten years later.

And Franka Potente is hands down the prettiest (truly charming) girl in all those franchises. She blew my mind then and she still does.

And concerning the "paintball challenge vs Bond or Hunt", you should watch the sniper scene (at mary's brother house) prior to make any argument against Bourne.

This scene is probably the best action scene I know. Damn he's good.

(and sorry for my mistakes, english isnt my first language)

Jun 12 - 01:48 PM

Questen Inghram

Questen Inghram

Are you high? How do you forget such a movie?

Jul 6 - 09:37 PM

Marta Studzinski

Marta Studzinski

Dear "Top Critic" Rex Reed,

I see that you brought out your dictionary to find some big fancy words to attempt to describe and downgrade this movie. However, despite your wordy flare, you failed to make the least bit of a logical argument and thereby come off as a completely useless critic. I too have a drawer labeled "instantly forgettable" and that is exactly where your review will be stored. Idiot

Jul 31 - 03:28 PM

Dictator Fred

Dictator Fred

"Instantly forgettable"? Are you insane? Or are you simply trying to seem highbrow by hating everything everybody else loves?

Aug 11 - 06:42 AM

Robert King

Robert King

Aug 13 - 01:39 PM

Justin Gayler

Justin Gayler

This has to be one of the worst reviews by a supposed Top Critic ever

Oct 27 - 11:28 AM