Damon and Greengrass Say Bourne Is Buried

Summary

Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are out promoting "Green Zone," fielding plenty of questions about a possible fourth "Bourne" movie -- and bringing bad news for fans hoping for another sequel -- in the process. Back to Article

Comments

djcloudy

legend reloaded

Bourne is buried along with the shaky camera and the Moby theme track....

im feeling sad...

Feb 27 - 06:55 PM

Thundaar

Paul Fairbrother

I know you can "over do" a franchise - but I was hoping for more Bourne. I can't really say I am crazy about Damon's suggestion either.

Feb 27 - 06:56 PM

TheArshMan

arshi rai

THANK YOU for making these films and actually ending it gracefully. In today's world we live in some kind of hisory nostalgia/limbo/denial/ crossbreed where we can't bear to end anything until its too late and we've squandered what was ones something wholly great. Think of of the massess of sequals,threequals,4 5 6 789 10 , that should never have been made in the past 20 years alone. ridiculous.

Feb 27 - 07:18 PM

Wall E.

Wall E

The Bourne trilogy is probably my favorite action series ever. I'm sad about not getting a fourth after the roll Greengrass and Damon were on, but as others have said, perhaps the best thing to do is to go out with a bang.

Feb 27 - 07:42 PM

Jon R.

Jon Rios

Truly amazing series but happy to see it end on a very high note

Feb 27 - 08:18 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

That's a good thing.

Too much sequelitis going on in Hollywood. I like the Bourne movies, and better to go out strong, then to stretch it out too long. Three is usually a good number to go out with.

The last thing Hollywood needs to do is make yet another sequel. It seems almost everything it makes is either a sequel, a prequel or a remake.

I hope there's no sequel to District 9. Some movies are best left to be standalone movies, and that's one of them.

Feb 27 - 08:22 PM

King Thor

Chris Kalmin

The prequel idea won't work at all since the big draw of Jason Bourne and his storylines in the movies/books were that he was running from people he doesn't know, doesn't remember who he is, and is trying to find out, all while fighting people skilled in killing like he is, not really sure why he is being hunted. A movie before the events of the boat and him losing his memory just wouldn't work. The interest and draw of the trilogy just won't be there.

Just my opinion but I think it's a valid point..

Feb 27 - 08:33 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

@King Thor, I agree. But, unfortunately, all Hollywood thinks about is money -- not quality, not plausibility.

The bean/green counters don't care if they have a crappy script, a bad director, nothing. If they have a franchise name, they want to milk that thing past its dry point.

Some movies never should have gotten past the script treatment stage, but because they had previously successful sequels, they get greenlighted.

Feb 27 - 09:15 PM

King Thor

Chris Kalmin

Also agree with everyone that its good to see it end on such a high note. A fantastic series, some of my favorite movies.

Feb 27 - 08:40 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

REST IN PEACE . . .
only to be "BOURNE AGAIN!" starring CHEVY CHASE
you KNOW there will be a spoof of the BOURNE movies!!!!

Feb 27 - 09:03 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Feb 27 - 09:15 PM

Paints Hz Shirt Red

krookedlegs Eagle Tail

Its probly for the best, then again it sucks.

Feb 27 - 09:56 PM

Chaotic

Chris Burge

They'll probably reboot it

Feb 27 - 10:41 PM

Saetre

Saetre Saetre

damn this is sad

Feb 28 - 01:06 AM

smi1ey

Matt Dunn

thank God. i LOVED all three bourne movies, but i'm so sick of studios squeezing every last ounce of flavor from a franchise until it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. i'm glad this will be remembered as an excellent trilogy of movies. rarely to movie trilogies work unless they were written as trilogies from the start. tacked on sequels suck.

Feb 28 - 02:20 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

or how a bout RE-BOURNE as another spoof;

if this were the 1970s and 1980s producer OVIDO D'ASSONTIS would buy ten

minutes of MATT DAMON outtakes from the studio and splice the MATT DAMON
outtakes into an "EXORCISM MOVIE" to be re-titled:

THE BOURNE NIGHTMARE

and OVIDO would then re-cut the outtakes and splice them into a "SERIAL KILLER MOVIE" to be retitled:

LIGHTS-OUT
THE BOURNE NIGHTMARE PART 2

anything with MATT DAMON footage and the term BOURNE somewhere in the title will make money.

International-film of the 70s and 80s: RIPPPPPP OFFFFFFF!!!!

even though the International BOURNE films have NOTHING what-so-ever to do with the BOURNE movie series, they'd still have the word BOURNE in the title

and if "The Gringo Americanos" sued, the International Distribution Companies would change the spelling to

BORNUE . . .
the deal is to "FOOL" people into thinking its a MATT DAMON BOURNE movie when its only a re-edited gaillo thriller.

BOURNE AGAIN!!!!
aka RE-BOURNE aka
BOURNE: RELOADED
starring LESLIE NEILSON from "Naked Gun" and CHEVY CHASE from "Fletch"!!!!

(any crap with BOURNE in the title and people will BUY IT.)

Feb 28 - 05:22 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

then, if this were the 70s and 80s "they'd" come out with
THE RED ZONE next month
ESCAPE FROM DANGER ZONE
TROOPERS FROM THE FORBIDDEN ZONE
all with actors looking like MATT DAMON with "ZONE" in the title

BREAK ZONE
CYBORG ZONE
RETURNO DEL ZONE VERDES (Return to the Green Zone)
what days they were
ha ha ha (the 70s and 80s)

Feb 28 - 05:44 AM

Smartest Person Here

Greg Bonnette

The Bourne series is great, and they play well together as a complete storyline. So, yes, if I were Matt Damon, I'd leave on a feel-good, high-note. However, I could see Bourne returning to the theaters, maybe in a few years with an older Damon. A "what is he doing now" type story. Can't say I'd care to much for a prequel though.

Feb 28 - 06:20 AM

8 ball jacket

Peter Ryan

The only right thing to do is to hand it over to Brett Ratner or Joel Schumacher to see what kind of magic they can get from it.

Feb 28 - 06:57 AM

K

KateBeckinsaleLover Clarke

I was really looking forward to a fourth Bourn film because I absolutely love the series, so having it continue would have been great. But out of the three, Ultimatum is my favourite so if that's the last one they ever do then I'll be okay with that.

Feb 28 - 08:11 AM

IBelievedInHarveyDent

Jim Huete

They must have forgotten about the new Bourne movie coming out on the 12th called "Green Zone." Oh, wait, that's not technically a Bourne film? Could've fooled me!

Feb 28 - 09:03 AM

R.J. MacReady

Greg Thomas

I hear you! I might as well be hahaha...

Feb 28 - 12:10 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships