The Bourne Supremacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Supremacy Reviews

December 30, 2015
8.5 out of 10:

Not as good as the first but still has some good action.
½ January 11, 2016
The Bourne Supremacy has it's moments, but it fails to live up to the thrills of the first movie.
½ December 30, 2006
A great sequel manages to maintain the feeling of the original, building on the mythology of the series and utilizing a ton of returning actors, which adds to the reality of things.

A terrific spy thriller that manages a 'real-world' feeling, though I would honestly call it the weakest of the three.

Well worth a look.
December 28, 2015
Bit confusing in multiple places and too little action even for a spy thriller.
½ December 21, 2015
Rating: 88%
Although some of the plot points are kind of convoluted, The Bourne Supremacy is a thrilling and enjoyable sequel that improves on the original by a lot.
April 30, 2011
Same taste in thrills blending into the constant pacing while the action punches a little more and the performances of Damon and Allen - the two sides of the coin - drives the intellectual motor, which at a total makes the entertainment value at the same level of its predecessor. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
December 2, 2015
Same as the first, nothing bad, nothing too great to get a better rating from me.
October 12, 2015
"The Bourne Supremacy" feels very much like the first film. It manages to recreate the same type of great, thrilling action, while making it fresh and sometimes even surprising. Matt Damon gives a performance that is just as good - if not better than - his performance in "The Bourne Identity".

However, once again, this Bourne film leaves a lot of loose ends. It doesn't fully explain why Bourne is being framed. Are they trying to draw him out? Are they using him because he's expendable? I don't know. Additionally the motivations of Abbott, Kirill, and Gretkov are not fully fleshed out.

Much like "The Bourne Identity", these problems are not enough to bring "The Bourne Supremacy" down. "The Bourne Supremacy" is an excellent film, but I am still waiting for a Bourne film that answers more questions than it raises.
February 2, 2012
I thought The Bourne Identity was a fast-paced thrill ride. I was wrong. Boy, does this film move really fast! Even with the word Bourne in the title and Matt Damon reprising his role, The Bourne Supremacy feels like a very different film and that's a compliment. Through his stylish direction, Paul Greengrass infuses a sense of realism, engaging an audience on an intellectual level, but also delivers the popcorn thrills at the same time. The set-pieces are thrilling and very well-handled, and Matt Damon is dynamite as Jason Bourne. The Bourne Supremacy is a sequel that's as smart and entertaining as its predecessor. Really good fun.
½ October 23, 2015
On repeat viewing this doesn't stand up too well I have to be honest. It's so po-faced and serious that after about an hour you'd give anything for a bit of Bond wit and charm. Damon beating the gubbins out of all and sundry is all well and good but nothing happens on camera except for plot development, there is no character or heart to the film. I found it a bit of a cold fish.
October 19, 2015
I enjoyed this one as much as the first. It's nice to see the character return and the action is thrilling. Really good chase scenes. I haven't seen the third installment so I'm looking forward to watching it.
October 16, 2015
la 2da todavia zafaba 6/10
½ October 3, 2015
It seems I skipped this one, but I caught the 1st and 3rd of this series. Was very good all around and even Karl Urban did well in his role as a Russian hitman and nemesis of Matt Damon's Bourne character. Great action scenes with a pretty story to fuel the overall film.
June 5, 2011
My favourite of the series, though they're all fantastic. Paul Greengrass brings a lot of energy into the series, and although the shaky-cam can be a little much, it's not as badly done as others. He also does an amazing job of weaving us through the plot, balancing the narrative progression in a way that doesn't treat it's audience like babies. It allows us to join the dots ourselves, rather than shoving obvious and repetitive exposition down our throats like too many movies these days. An all-time classic.
August 7, 2015
"You're a killer Jason, you always will be." - the skin job.
July 29, 2015
A very good year for sequels.
July 21, 2015
Am I missing something here?

I don't know why I can't fully get into this franchise. I can't find anything particularly critical, it just doesn't hold my interest. The action sequences feel generic, the plot points don't seem to hold any weight, and the film takes itself too seriously.

There are some good points. Information is slowly given to us that helps to understand a bit more about what Jason Bourne is about. The information comes out awfully slowly, though. The ending of the film seems odd; perhaps I missed something (it is a very visual film, and I am not a visual learner).

There is a startling lack of humour as well. Not even quippy one-liners. No wonder Matt Damon looks so dour all the time. This is what separates Bourne films from better franchises like Mission: Impossible and Terminator.

Many people love these films, and that's awesome. If you want action, it is certainly there. Just don't expect anything revolutionary.
½ June 28, 2015
The sequels suffer from a serious case of the wobbles
Major seasickness warning
Whoever decided to fake shake the camera though the whole film is an idiot
June 28, 2015
Thrilling, passionately acted, well-crafted direction and witty. The Bourne Supremacy improves from the first even though the first was already flawless.
June 7, 2015
A sequel that looks, feels & develops exactly like the first. There's 2 years between this & 'Identity' however it's as if they filmed this immediately afterwards all as one movie - which 9 times outta 10 would work perfectly in favour (& maybe it does in some respects) but I still got just as bored as I did with the original. Yawn.