• PG-13, 1 hr. 37 min.

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Bowfinger Reviews

filmlover1994
June 14, 2013
I'm Going To Become A Film Director When I Grow Up And My Film Director Name Is ''David East''.
June 13, 2013
"The Martin Power" these words can describe the movie in short. Steve martin's charm is one factor that you cannot ignore in this movie. All characters well acted. Heather Graham played the role of a sassy young woman aspiring to be an actress. She really got into the character. The film is simple yet amusing. The writers gave the view of what a person may be willing to do to be a big time hollywood player.
Eddie Murphy has a double role and played both characters upto the mark. The wittiness in the lines and the way he talks made the character more interesting. Introduction of new characters throughout the movie made it watchable till end. The only let off was the fact that it was shot in 90s and at that time cinematography was not that good as it is now. But for a 90s movie it sure is a good comedy.
After seeing the movie one will surely think for once that is it possible to shoot a movie like the one shot in this movie.
I am a fan of Martin and after watching this movie I want to watch his another one. His innocent comedy and the charm makes his character more lively and understanding.
I only watched this movie because of the Martin and Eddie starring and I got what I was hoping to get, A GOOD SIMPLE COMEDY!!
May 24, 2013
I feel like this movie is a hidden gem, and should be preserved so, murphy and martin both on cracking form without one overshadowing the other, which i attribute to oz's subtle and effective direction, plus martins screenplay is airtight, with enough plot, parody and puchlines to please. a thank you
April 24, 2013
little bit funny but dumb movie
April 9, 2013
I gave it an extra half star because I love Steve Martin.
April 9, 2013
The last great work of either Martin or Murphy, hilarious throughout!
July 6, 2007
Wow. I'd forgotten Frank Oz directed this turkey. How do you take two comedic geniuses and make something so unfunny?
rodjeckrich
March 20, 2013
Sometimes Bowfinger relies on the dull Hollywood zeitgeist satire that seems to both serve and make fun out of the brainless studios. Eddie Murphy is great in this and has a good comedic chemistry with Steve Martin.
February 28, 2013
''Gotcha suckers! ''
March 6, 2011
Maybe the last great film from either Martin or Murphy??? It for sure is the last time Murphy was good before he turned to mostly kiddie movie dreck.

Murphy is perfect in both parts, the nerdy look-a-like, as well as the a-hole movie star. Martin is great as the movie producer fooling everyone into thinking he's really making this huge film.

Graham is good as the girl trying to sleep her way up the production. A lot of this film might sway on how much you care about how films are made. How they find a film crew is hysterical.

And hey look for a Robert Downey Jr. cameo!
February 8, 2013
This film can be seen as a parody of filmmaking. I do see it that way, and I felt that the movie did it very successfully. This action-packed comedy combined both Steve Martin's and Eddie Murphy's best comedic talents and produced a something that could possibly generate lots of laughter from the audience. I feel that this comedy should be greatly respected. It is not easy to make a really good and funny movie about a desperate director trying to make a movie that stars an actor who doesn't know he is in the movie. I must say, it is pure talent to make a film like that. Brilliant movie.
February 2, 2013
One of my favorite comedies of all time. Basically its a caricature of the film industry. LOVE this movie. Eddie Murphy is fabulous.
January 30, 2013
This isn't a really great movie ... but it's good enough. It's not incredibly funny, but it's amusing, generally well-made, and contains one of the best Eddie Murphy performances of the last 20 years. How is it that he can manage to be so self-deprecating here, yet to continue to make career choices that seem to be motivated by nothing but greed and rampant self-regard?
January 20, 2013
This is the worst film I have ever seen. I dont know what happened because I am a Steve Martin and an Eddie Murphy fan. All I can say is its a shame there is not an option for 0 stars.
January 12, 2013
Oz's comedy is about an independent filmmaker making a movie starring an a-list star who is completely unaware of his involvement in the project. Funny and sometimes intelligent, this film will also help the audience understand better the delusions that revolve around the filmmaking industry, as well as a tribute to the dedication of directors of b-movies. Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy are brilliant, aided by a clever and entertaining screenplay.
December 27, 2012
This is such a funny film. Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy together. Making a film and trying to pass off some guy for a real celebrity star. Alot of funny scenes. The best part is when eddie has to run across the highway. Hilarious.
July 13, 2007
I'm not going to say this movie is the best these two can do, but it sure is entertaining. One of Eddies last good ones.
Sylvester K

December 21, 2012
One of the best comedies of the late 90s. The collaboration was perfect. I loved the jokes, the running gags, the script, the music, and Eddie Murphy, he could so win an Oscar for best actor. I could watch it over and over again, I love the parodies used in the film. It's a really clever piece of rare gem, a must see.
December 19, 2012
I haven't seen this movie in years and have watched it 4 times in the past month. I am so happy that DirecTV decided to play this. My daughter Brianna and I watched it tonight. I LOVE this movie. Absolutely love it! There are parts that I can't even help myself laughing.