• PG-13, 1 hr. 30 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

The Brady Bunch Movie Reviews

Spencer S

April 5, 2014
Looking back to the groovy seventies, this send-up to the cultural iconoclast that was "The Brady Bunch" casts all new members to the roles in the Brady clan, and even features cameos from past ones. The story follows the same antics as any episode, with the fate of the Brady household up for grabs from a nineties' land developer. Fighting the stigma of living in the past (literally) and just having a great time being together as a family, they find ways to save themselves, and deal with a myriad of personal problems. It's great to see some of the largest problems of the series revisited for those nostalgic for the glory days. The Bradys are also shown to be happier, friendlier, and creepier than the nineties culture permits, and so they're strange in the same way as the dynamic of "The Munsters," another classic sitcom. While 1995 serves as a contrasting backdrop to the Bradys, it doesn't overwhelm the story. The new cast is very on point, and the entire film feels as campy as its predecessor, making it one of the better adaptations in this trend.
Nicki M

January 20, 2008
I certainly don't think anyone who didn't grow up with series, or at least had some fondness for it is going to get a terrible lot of this, but I have to admit, I quite like it, even though it is stupid, and have watched it quite a few times over the years.
They have done a really good job with casting here - particularly Shelley Long as Carol and Christine Taylor as Marcia - both look very similar to the original ones. The rest of the cast are fine too.
I think this works because rather than setting this in the 70's or else updating the Brady's to modern times, they have left the Brady's exactly as they are, and popped them into the 90's in a time warp. This sets up some funny situations with the people they encounter who simply think they are all strange (probably quite rightly!). All the best lines are in there - "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"... "Now I'll never be a teen model!".
Jean Smart is hilarious as their next door neighbour, Mrs Ditmeyer and also the girl who plays Marcia's best friend and is secretly in love with her (not sure who that actress is) is funny too. Plus, I defy anyone who grew up with the Brady's not to smile at them dancing along to Sunshine Day in the department store!
For fans only.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 15, 2009
They're back to save America from the '90s
Conner R

November 18, 2009
This was actually really great. I've never been a fan of the Brady Bunch, but this was such a well done parody. I love the whole set in the 90s, yet the family is 60s innocent. The performances were so serious, making it all the more hilarious.
Jason O

October 24, 2009
Always liked watching The Brady Bunch TV show, but wasn't crazy about the movies that were derived in the '90s from it
Bobby H

November 24, 2008
This movie is good in some ways but equally as bad in other ways, making it just average.

Positives: There are a few original cast members seen in this (Alice, Greg, Carol) which was all pretty sweet. The movie itself had an okay storyline with some kind of funny parts.

Negatives: It's really a spoof, a parody, that personally if I was a cast member of the original brandy bunch would of disliked. The original show was a classic show of the time and still is today, I would of much rather seen them attempt to make a true remake of The Brady Bunch, rather then this. It's a little out there, a 70's family in the 90's, and really pointless in a way.

Overall: This movie could of been a classic Brady Bunch movie if it would of just recreated the original cast and used the basic storyline that was the movie. It's dissapointing for anyone who really liked the Brady Bunch, but for those who lke spoofs, and just want to see some relations and catch up on a few old cast members then it might be worth a watch. It's not good, it's not bad, it's average.
Ken S

May 5, 2007
Gary Cole is fantastic in this "better than it should be" 7o's throwback
Luke B

June 23, 2008
Brilliant re-imagining of The Brady Bunch, keeping the 70's retro feel but shoving them in the mid 90's works surprisingly well. The use of cinematography to separate the two era's is also perfectly handled. As a comedy it works fantastically, and having not seen the show myself means this is a stand alone film. Consistently hilarious throughout the entire film, it's easy to tell which bits are satirizing the show itself and is filled with so much charm and feel good ridiculousness the film is just great. Performances are wonderful, really relishing every cheesy line and berkish smile. Jennifer Elise Cox is perhaps the stand out as a mentally unstable Jan.
Drew S

November 21, 2007
For some bizarre reason Flixster listed me as having given five stars to this movie.

Not in its wildest dreams.
Jason S

October 4, 2007
This was funny in that it made fun of itself through the whole thing. the bad part was that the folks remaking old tv shows into movie thought that was the way to go with everything. Even the crime dramas like Starsky and Hutch.
Lafe F

June 10, 2007
It was great seeing the Brady Bunch opening credits on a large theatre screen. The writers were genius by taking the naive Brady family of the 1970's and putting them in a 1995 setting, so they stuck out like a sore thumb. The comedy often coms from witnessing the lack of understanding between the Brady family and other people; often shown as confused expressions on those on those peoples' faces. I love how often the Brady's are oblivious to things of the 90's which we take for granted. This movie is also has many references to "The Brady Bunch" TV series. I shake with laughter each time I re-watch this minor masterpiece of comedy.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 23, 2007
i know im stupid but i liked this flick, it had some really funny moments
Dannielle A

January 24, 2012
A delightful spoof! What do you get when you drop the happy, unassuming, old-fashioned Brady Brunch in the 90's? A whole lot of antics and laughs! Everyone is an extreme parody of themselves... Marsha stuck up and vain, Jan becomes psychotic with the voices in her head, constantly comparing herself to "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" Cindy is just a happily ignorant tattletale, and Greg always needs to impress girls with his "groovy" guitar playing. The casting is great! Shelley Long is a GREAT Carol with her motherly concern and "Oh Mike!" Paul Sutera is Peter's doppleganger. I enjoyed it. It was a bit crude in some places, but really funny because the Bradys are all so innocent and believe the best about people, even robbers.
Yinalí R

June 9, 2008
Hillarious remake.
William G

October 23, 2007
Surprisingly adept application of the classic sitcom to the nineties.
jim222001us
jim222001us

August 7, 2007
When this movie was made, everyone thought "why ?". But what made it good is the fact that it basically was making fun of the show more than it was paying tribute. That Brady's were played by the cast as if they are a bunch of dorks which I found to be very funny. It was treated as if it was just simply a movie version of the show but that isn't the case at all. The sequel is a bit better though since it has even more fun poking fun at the show.
Sunil J

April 25, 2008
Makes you wish you watched more of the show but totally not necessary to enjoy.
Lee K

March 5, 2008
i think i sat thru 10mins of trhis before i said what am i doing?
qtmemoe
qtmemoe

December 12, 2007
No COME ON!!!This was actually funny!