Breezy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Breezy Reviews

October 10, 2013
Both actors do their part well enough to keep this thing afloat. 'Breezy' is obnoxious, but never crosses the line into annoyance, and Holden manages to add in just enough humor to go along with his dull demeanor. It's certainly not a classic, and it does go on about 15 minutes too long - but Eastwood manages to pull it off.
½ August 31, 2013
Breezy is a decent film. It is about Breezy who is a teen-aged hippy with a big heart that falls in love with an older divorced man. William Holden and Kay Lenz give good performances. The script is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Clint Eastwood did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and romance.
January 12, 2013
A young free-spirited hippie who calls herself Breezy meets a middle aged wealthy playboy. Despite their opposite personalities and age difference, the two fall in love. The subject is certainly an awkward one to deal with and though Eastwood tells it with enough class and delicacy it comes across as weaker than Hal Ashby's Harold and Maude, which is similar and came out just two years previous.
March 24, 2012
A not to be missed love story from the early 1970's with William Holden and a delightful Kay Linz. The 2nd film Clint Eastwood directed. His first was Play Misty for me.....also a wonderful film
May 8, 2012
hippy chick meets mr. establishment in this early 70's flick directed by clint eastwood. Oddly enough, Breezy figures somehow into Phillip K Dick's science fiction novel VALIS which of course now I have to read. I've always been a fan of Holden, so of course I enjoyed the movie. Some may find the story hard to believe, but hey its the swingin 70's. Holdens house in this movie is the bomb!!!
February 12, 2012
A charming movie about two people who need one another.
October 24, 2011
Great William Holden, Lincoln Continental Town Car.
September 17, 2009
Clint eastwood early directing effort from the 70s, and while not starring this is a good film its entertaining and story always engageing, the two leads are very watchable. the divorced old man played by William holden, whos life looks up a bit when free spirit youngster Breezy again exellently played by kay lenz. a story about a unconventional romance and its consequences on each other, the film is touching at times and shows the relationship well.
February 6, 2011
Even in those early days good old Clint had his touch.
December 8, 2010
Excellent gem of a movie (which does not feel dated) due to its extremely clever script and Spring/Autumn romance storyline. A young hippie 20 year old begins a relationship with a man who thought his best years and happier days were behind him. She teaches him to love life and to hope again. Honest, gentle, and wonderfully directed- this film is great for audiences with mature minds and a positive outlook on life.
jjnxn
½ September 19, 2010
Meandering age crisis drama mixed with a May-December romance and some 70's flower child preaching thrown in. In other words a muddled viewing experience.
½ October 3, 2009
Only William Holden will make this kind of character lovable .....the movie is basically about love, taboos, prejudices...and society's moral boundaries .
½ September 2, 2009
Saw this as a kid & it left a big impression on me for some reason (I think every girl wanted to be Kay Lenz during the 70s lol.) Does any one know what Kay has been up to lately?
½ July 4, 2009
I love Clint Eastwood but am sorely disappointed in this film. The disparity in the ages between Breezy and Frank made me uncomfortable and the film only lightly touches on this aspect. Additionally, the middle aged businessman and young hippie girl characters seem to be based only on superficial and stereotypical traits; the character development is too simplistic.
½ February 15, 2008
A sweet breezy romance between a 20 year old hippie and a 55 year old divorcee directed by Clint Eastwood. Kay Lenz plays the cute, easy-going, drifter with a loving sunshiny attitude toward the world. William Holden plays the bitter, cynical, un-trusting, real estate agent who has convinced himself he likes being alone. At times the dialog gets a bit sappy, but overall I liked the issues the movie dealt with, and some of the conversations. It's just a small movie with believable performances and admittedly some uncomfortable moments because of the age difference of the leads.
July 6, 2007
Two words 4 you

CLINT EASTWOOD
November 18, 2006
For 45 minutes this is perfectly inoffensive, nicely played by William Holden. However after the main characters fall in love the film becaomes spectacularly bad. Romantic dialogue feels as if it has been written for the sappiest of valentines cards and is delivered with all the feeling of two people reading the phone book to each other, hideous.
August 29, 2006
only wanna see it as its my ambition to see all of eastwoods flicks.
½
An absolute classic piece of 70's nostalgia. Directed by Clint Eastwood. If you liked 'Play Misty For Me' you'll love this.