The Bridges of Madison County Reviews

November 11, 2013
A perfectly executed film.
DreamExtractor
March 3, 2011
Same as the book, boring and cliche
flixsterman
January 5, 2009
I was reluctant to take a chance on this one because of the pretense, but the story and Miss Streep drew me in. Now that I've seen it - no regrets.
January 20, 2008
Not the quickest moving movie, but worth watching if you can perserve with it. Very sad and has something to say about living the life that makes you happy, and not to please everyone else. The main character does not manage to do this and you see the impact not only on her own life, but on that of her daughter who has been raised to see life in the same way and now also finds herself less than happy in a bad relationship. Sympathy is also there for the husband as it was not his fault he was not the right person for his wife. Nice acting and not a feel good movie, but a good one for anyone who likes to think.
½ August 16, 2009
My mom's favorite movie of all time is also one I'm a fan of. Of course, what Clint Eastwood movie am I NOT a fan of? He shows in this one that not only can he direct, but be an awesome actor in a variety of genres, not just westerns and crime dramas, but the tearjerking kinds also. Beautiful movie....if only she'd gotten out of her husband's vehicle at the end though...
½ October 3, 2007
This was pretty boring to me but I thought the cast did a good job of becoming these people.
thmtsang
August 26, 2007
Great cast. A bit slow in parts but good story and scenery,
August 10, 2007
I was wondering what the big fuss was about...now I get it.
April 13, 2006
What a beautiful movie. I just saw this for the first time. I regret so much refusing to see this because of the stupidity of the book. Hey, it's Clint Eastwood acting and directing. I should have known better. If you like Eastwood--or Meryl Streep--, you should not miss this movie.
December 2, 2011
Same as the book, boring and cliche
½ October 6, 2007
I don't know. Clint is really not in his element here. I mean as an actor if not as a director. Did anyone really buy Clint as a stud muffin? I wish I had tried something with the date that I saw this movie with so many years ago. Sigh.
ascordeiro108
December 2, 2010
sad and beautiful :'(
½ May 14, 2010
Every so often there is always a love story that a man can not help but get engrossed into, but only as long as his wife, or girlfriend doesnt find out.
½ October 16, 2010
Pretty slow-moving, but Streep was adorable. It was visually appealing, and the story was interesting, even though it was morally wrong.
alexyluthor
February 6, 2010
Two of the best actors out there + great story = whats not to love?
mattsigur1
November 20, 2009
What is this faggot crap?
iLeo
½ December 20, 2007
Fantastic!
August 19, 2007
A classic romance story, however it seemed a little long - the daughter and son actors were horrible and the sex scenes were pretty hard to stomach.
August 13, 2007
See Eastwood grow as a filmmaker and another great Meryl Streep performance.