68% The Equalizer Sep 26

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Bridget Jones's Diary Reviews

September 6, 2014
Meh, the book was better and that wasn't the best book I read this summer.
January 14, 2008
A fun piece of rom-com fluff. I relate so much to Renee's character because I'm almost 30 and I too am awkward and unloved. :)
smike18
August 25, 2014
Excellent film with an all star cast. Renee Zellweger could of had been really taken for a an English girl. Hugh Grant really out shines them as a villain with charisma .
February 10, 2010
(First viewing - Late teen years)
August 15, 2014
Bridget Jones's Diary is a funny and lighthearted comedy, strengthened by Renée Zellweger's brilliant work in the title role.
February 25, 2010
Nouvelle comédie romantique écrite par Richard Curtis, Le Journal de Bridget Jones est une sympathique révision de Pride & Prejudice, avec des gags franchement drôles, d'autres moins, une excellente interprétation de Renée Zellweger, de très bons seconds rôles (comme à l'accoutumée, Hugh Grant est particulièrement drôle en mufle décomplexé) et une réalisation rythmée sinon un poil inconsistante de Sharon Maguire. En effet, certaines bonnes idées du début du film ne sont pas gardées jusqu'au bout (les incrustations du journal de Bridget, par exemple, souvent très drôles) et le film ralentit considérablement sur sa dernière demi-heure. Dommage. Il en reste que Le Journal de Bridget Jones est une comédie efficace, même 13 ans et une tonne d'ersatz après sa sortie.
Maddy T.
July 15, 2014
Hated it. Fell asleep because it was so boring. I don't know if my vote would have counted if I didn't click on the stars so I put half a star but I wanted to put none
February 8, 2013
Es algo cliché y desequilibrada, pero gracias a un muy buen humor y a una espectacular actuación de Renée Zellweger, la peli triunfa.
May 18, 2014
This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I've watched it over and over again.
May 11, 2014
Não bastasse ser uma divertida repaginada de "Orgulho e Preconceito", ainda conta com uma protagonista facilmente identificável não só por suas desventuras amorosas mas também por seu próprio modo estabanado e despretensioso de ser (sem mencionar, claro, as outras tantas situações igualmente familiares). Não é à toa, portanto, que, tal como o Sr. Darcy, também nos afeiçoamos à personagem "do jeito que ela realmente é". Mérito óbvio para a divertida performance de Renée Zellweger.
May 10, 2014
a likable enough movie
itsjustmenow
January 14, 2014
Thought this was "okay" when I saw it years ago but now that I know it's a modern day remake of Pride and Prejudice (or based on it), I'm interested in seeing the film again.
February 23, 2014
I was hoping to like this more than I liked the book but unfortunately not
February 9, 2014
Decent film about a thirty-something trying to get her life back on track. I laughed a few times however the film seems to try and trick you into laughing by cramming the word 'f***' into sentences whenever it can. Cheesy but enjoyable.
Monica Susie
January 25, 2014
This isn't really a film guys would really enjoy, but it's one of the few more than decent chick flicks out there. Yeah ok Bridget Jones is cliché, but's it's more funny and realistic than any other chick flick out there. Bridget Jones shows Renee Zellwegger at her best! Bridget Jones played by Renee Zellwegger is about a single thirty something woman on the quest for finding Mr Right. She meets two men, both public school posh boys; the charming, but womanising Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant) and the uptight but well meaning and reliable Mark Darcy (Colin Firth). Bridget Jones may be about the desperate woman looking for a man but Bridget is likeable, down to earth and not to mention hilarious! Bridget reminds me a lot of myself; we're both clumsy and have a lot of embarrassing moments. I think she even looks like me but a blonde version! I like how the film doesn't portray Bridget the perfect women as most rom-coms show the lead woman as being thin and glamorous. Renee Zellwegger had to gain 30 pounds for the role of Bridget Jones and she's a bit on the dowdy side too. So I liked that the film tries to be more realistic and also how Mr Right is the person we least expect.

The film is well acted and fun; it's hilarious as well! I love the characters and the script is well written. Bridget is a quirky and loveable character who is much easier to relate to than your typical rom-com heroin such as Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigl. I also love Bridget's parents; Bridget's father (Jim Broadbent) is sympathetic and always sides with Bridget, whilst Bridget's mother (played by Gemma Jones) is constantly trying to set her daughter up and nagging at her for being single and dowdy. Bridget's mother is hilarious and the nightmare mother; she comes out with some of the best lines! Bridget's mum reminds me of my own in some ways!

Bridget Jones has to be one of my favourite movies of all time! It's one of those films which has one of the best lines that you always end up quoting and it's genuinely funny, sincere and down to earth. It's not pretentious like a lot of Hollywood rom-coms. Bridget Jones shows how love isn't all that peachy and that there's a lot of heartbreak along the way to finding happiness as well. I also like how the film shows the relationship problems between Bridget's own parents; marital problems in older people often aren't portrayed that much in film. I actually preferred the film to the novel; the novel is good don't get me wrong but the film was better. Kudos to Renee Zellwegger; she really pulled it off and her performance was believable and genuine. I think poor Renee gets too much stick, there are a lot of much worst actresses out there who get all the glory. I actually like Renee Zellwegger; I've always found her to be a decent actress. I'd love there to be a third film made, but not based on the last book, Mad About the Boy as it's truly terrible! Great film, still one of my absolute favourite, one you can watch again and again. Also the soundtrack for the film is awesome! I loved the songs.

Grade: A+
July 28, 2006
Renée portrays Bridget's awkward ambition beautifully.
January 5, 2014
One of my favorite romantic comedy films of all time. The film displays the ironic love affair between the typical alcoholic, smoking and fat British mid-aged girl and 2 different-mannered guys. It's fun, just-right hilarious and entertaining. I like how the story develops by telling the stories that Bridget wrote in her diary. And I also appreciate Zellweger, one who plays as Bridget, she is cute and natural in this film.
December 31, 2013
A good old English comedy about a 30 something celibate chubby & unhappy with her current life who decides against all odds to take her life back in control. Funny, well done and very contagious, the good humor and freshness of the central character will for sure cheer you up any time.
Movie Matthew 101
February 13, 2012
Not only is it hilarious and well-acted, Zellweger's performance is so believable that I, a grown man, did not realise that Zellweger was Texan until early this year when I researched the film(I'm not dumb I swear, I never seen another film with Renee in it... So there!)
March 13, 2008
El diario de Bridget Jones
Es posible encontrar a tu príncipe azul