• Directed By:
    Ang Lee
    In Theaters:
    Dec 9, 2005 Wide
    On DVD:
    Apr 4, 2006
  • Focus Features

Fracturedvertebrae Mountain

What were some of the most poignant parts of this movie?
Austen Samyn
11-8-2012 09:10 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Danny M.

Danny Malone

*spoilers*
For me there are 3 scenes that really stand out. The first being the Thanksgiving scene when Alma tells Ennis about the note she attached to his fishing line. It demonstrated how our regrets and our lies impact others in our lives. The second was Ennis and Jack's last meeting when Ennis breaks down. Sometimes it's not so much that we lie to ourselves as it is that we don't understand our own emotions. I think everyone can relate to that. The third, and for me the most gripping scene of the whole film came close to the very end when Ennis visits Jack's parents home after his death. Ennis is in Jack's room and finds his shirt inside of Jack's shirt covered in his blood. He smells it and his regret and devastation are tangible. Pretty powerful scene and wonderfully acted by Mr. Ledger. I waited 7 years to watch this film and that was a major mistake. Finally decided to watch it after watching "Life of Pi," because I was blown away by Ang Lee's direction. Stylistically "Brokeback Mountain," may not have been as visually striking, but it still a very powerful movie boosted by amazing performances from everyone involved.

Mar 3 - 10:49 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile