The Broken Hearts Club Reviews

December 14, 2009
A very interesting cast for a mostly average film.
Nothing ground breaking here, but it was an enjoyable little journey.
Seemed to enforce stereotypes (there is always at least a little truth in them) while giving a fairly realistic look at some of the (internal) issues that the gay community has to deal with.
A bit like a gay version of one of those "Lifetime" movies.
April 2, 2010
I had never seen this before, just heard a lot about it. I kinda loved it. The cast is great and filled with some popular actors I'd only seen in one or two big roles so this was interesting. Fairly light-hearted but a lot of witty dialogue and loveable characters. It also rekindled a crush I have on Andrew Keegan.
January 23, 2010
For romantic comedy, this film was pretty flat
½ April 12, 2007
Love this movie. A great movie!
April 2, 2010
A mainstream gay film and it was actually good. I had no complaints with this film, the actors were all goodin this and I liked it.
½ January 8, 2010
It charms you instantly with its wit and takes you on a unique and contagious journey through such colorful, entertaining characters and their baseball league. Little do you know of the dark, poignant curveballs that Timothy Olymphant throws at you, and it's fascinating to watch.
½ August 29, 2009
Endearing comedy about a group of gay friends. Sort of stereotypical I nice movie with a good cast.
½ November 19, 2008
A Gay version of "Friends" basically. This is a movie intended to reach the straight community by filling the characters with actors we all are comfortable with. We have Dean Cain, John Mahoney, Jennifer Coolidge, Thomas Gibson, Zach Braff, Timothy Olyphant, and others. There is nothing wrong with this film other than it's attempt at playing it too safe for the moviegoer. This is a very predictable movie with a good looking and great cast. It is worth your time, depending on how busy you may be........
November 2, 2008
An amazingly touching movie. You really get to know the group of people, and feel for them through their struggles.
½ June 12, 2007
I liked how this gave you a look a different types of gay men from just coming out and having a massive crush(who hasn't been there?), to the total player who finally gets played. Despite the review it IS a romantic film. It may not be the romance youre used to but none the less it is romance.
May 11, 2007
This is worth seeing. Not the greatest, but not bad either. I like the "tag line" - "The shortest distance bewteen friends is not always a STRAIGHT line."
May 2, 2007
So usually I'm not into the romantic comedy but something about watching the dating habits of a group of gay men made me love this movie.
April 22, 2007
this movie just proves that u find love when u least expect it and in places u never thought to look
½ September 10, 2006
Funny and Romantic Comedy that had me laughing and crying. It just goes to show you that true friends stick together no matter what.
November 13, 2014
½ April 29, 2013
Good gay-oriented story about a group of friend and the relationships between them and their lovers.
½ May 25, 2014
Overused plot, but entertaining enough. I like the general feel of the movie, it tells drama in gay life as it is.
March 13, 2014
Very nice movie with a great cast !
½ July 30, 2012
With annoying or stereotypical characters, conventional story and sitcom-like approach, The Broken Hearts Club never feels interesting or groundbreaking. A mediocre film.
August 12, 2012
A well-scripted comedy that unfortunately loses momentum at the half-way mark. The performances, though, are excellent across the board with Timothy Olyphant, Zach Braff and Billy Porter particularly solid. With flashes of some fast-delivered humour, this is a fine tale of friendship and love.