63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Broken Trail Reviews

Cynthia S

September 20, 2011
This is a made for TV movie that does not feel like one. Duvall's creation of his character is complete, consistent, and endearing. His performance is flawless, but for that matter, so is that of the entire cast. Church portrays the perfect rugged supporting character. It is long, but doesn't feel that way. Very well done......
Apeneck F

April 23, 2011
Unique pairing of Duval and Church grounds this unique western road trip that includes horse herding, gunplay, and the Oriental slave trade. It's the emotional touches that brand you and let you know it's one exceptional piece of work.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

October 3, 2009
The very Best Movie I have seen in some time. Robert Duvall (Print Ritter )played the part of a Range Boss to the Tee. (Thomas Haden Church) played by Tom Harte is Duvall?s Cousin in this movie. They Movie some horse across a few states and in the process rescue 5 Chinese girls from the hands of a whore Trader. Of Course traveling all these miles they come across bad dudes, the madam who paid for the girls and now hires a killer to retrieve the girls. All in all it makes for an excellent film, Factual gun scenes. Yes sir worth every bit of 5 stars

(Robert Duvall) and his estranged nephew Tom Harte (Thomas Haden Church)
ashley h

July 28, 2007
This is one of the best modern westerns in a long time. Its sort of long, it could have stood to have been edited down,but the cinematography is great and so is the story.
iLeo
iLeo

January 27, 2008
Fantastic movie! A favorite.
lcroya
May 10, 2011
I would love to have seen this on the big screen..As westerns go this one has to make into your top 10..when I first read that Church was in it I was concerned...after watching..... I'm asking his management team WHY??? have I not seen him in other westerns....if you like westerns at all, give it a look
cactusheart
September 20, 2010
This is one Western which is heavy on the drama, light on the gunslinging. It's about 2 estranged family members who stumble upon human trafficking of some asian chicks, which back then in the Old West asians were exploited for cheap labor, etc. It could use a little editing (it runs so long!), but it was worth watching to me, because Thomas Haden Church and Robert Duvall act the f*ck out of their roles, especially in the "showdown" scene towards the end.

In the showdown scene, our two lead characters are ambushed by the traffickers, are cornered, outnumbered, outgunned and are in fear of their lives. Their emotions are so raw and so palpable, you don't just SEE the terror in their eyes, you can actually FEEL it. Robert Duvall was SUCH a badass in it too, btw.
June 24, 2009
This brings light to the reality of oversees girl being sold into the sex trade and there are good people out there to help. Although everyone isn't that lucky to find them.
Ou812AwSm
March 15, 2009
OWNS IT WAS GOOD WESTRN ,HOWEVER THIS ISNT MUCH GUN FIGHTING IN IT , ALMOST REMINDS ME OF LONESOME DOVE , STORYLINE MOSTLY THE SAME BUT WITH ORINETAL WOMAN LOL
thexdeadxone
January 26, 2008
eeek... this is like one of the bestest westerns i have ever seen... and besides its got Robert Duvall in it...
November 6, 2007
I'm not the biggest one for westerns but this one is totally worth seeing. Robert Duvall gives a wonderful and believable performance.
nativesunljt
September 20, 2007
A damn good western by Walter Hill. I did not expect it to be so good and the acting in it was awesome. Church and Duvall were very good.
manueljss
July 26, 2007
Once again, excellent performance by Robert Duvall in a role that has made him as identifyble as though guys are to Robert DeNiro. At the beginning I wasn't very convinced by his co-star choice, Thomas Haden Church, but as the movie went on, thier performances show they were meant to be played by them.
Maybe I was expecting a more well known actor to perform Haden's character, but then again, I don't think either Tommy Lee Jones or Robert Duvall were super stars when they appeared in Lonsome Dove.
I can't wait for Robert Duvall to make another western.
Appledumplin4593
July 22, 2007
Great Movie! Robert D.,to me,has always been the best at any part he's played! Love him as a cowboy!
March 24, 2007
A decent Western, but it could've benefited from not being so damn long, not to mention a little more action and a little less talk.
JeremiahDirge
March 21, 2007
While not as "epic" as the commercials had made it out to be, Broken Trail is a fantastic Western with a great cast. Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church make a great screen team, and the story is terrific and suspenseful.
July 28, 2013
Broken Trail is an excellent western drama that hardly ever feels like it was made for TV. Although it had a length of three hours, time flew by like it was nothing since the story is engaging and the acting is superb. Before I knew it, it was already over, which was slightly disappointing due to how engaging and compelling it was. This is a great film that deserves more attention and should be watched by anyone who loves a good western or drama. If you haven't seen Broken Trail, it is definitely worth seeing.
July 13, 2011
A must-see western, bound to be categorized as a classic with the likes of lonesome dove.
horse c.
February 22, 2013
Too long and too slow
Margaret H.
July 14, 2012
Great western movie. Duvall plays his best character again as the lovable cowboy.