67% Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Brothers Grimm Reviews

Cle S.
June 23, 2014
A strange movie that just makes not much sense. You might expect a bit more from the director of "Brazil" and "Three Monkeys", but this messy mix of fairytales and real persons (the brothers Grimm) shoots over the top. The idea may be a good one, but the boring realization doesn't justify such a waste of talent.
September 11, 2010
An interesting take on fairytales - there's a bit of Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, you name it! Ledger & Damon are good, but it never feels like they have much input/control over what's happening - it's all very scatter-shot. It's good seeing Headey pre-Cersei, but there's some crap accents throughout and some dodgy CGI. I always feel like what's in Gilliam's mind is better than what ends up on film. I hope one day he makes a fully-realised film...
May 29, 2014
This movie is boring
May 8, 2014
An interesting take on famous fairy tales that I think could have had a lot of potential. However this ended up being poorly executed on basically all fronts. The acting was horrible, despite a lot of talented cast members. The effects were sloppy and this just ended up being....boring.
May 10, 2014
I love Terry Gilliam but this is a shitty movie
July 5, 2007
I really thought this would be horrible given the subject matter, Gilliam's tendency to meander and be over the top, and the fact it was Damon and Ledger but actually I really rather enjoyed it. And it was genuinely creepy scary in parts for someone like me who hates creepy crawlies and the like. I thought it was pretty clever, when it could so easily have been obvious and whilst the whole French army angle was a bit messy and confused, overall it still works. Heath Ledger really was a talented actor, he's very good here I thought. It all looks and sounds great, more or less. I've no idea why it got so panned, frankly. Give it a go.
March 24, 2014
Oh boy. I wanted to like this. I really did. This whole film was just a mess, though. From weak characters to weak storytelling this film felt incredibly sporadic and it seemed like they couldn't quite decide what genre or tone they were ultimately going for. It also failed to make me care about the protagonists and in the end I was rooting for the Evil Queen (who, truthfully, felt pretty shoehorned in). There were some pretty visuals. And that was really about it.
September 15, 2007
Don't waste your time. So disappointed by the lacking of what "could have been" with all there is to work with in this world.
February 15, 2014
Esperaba mucho, mucho mas de la union entre Terry Gilliam y los Grimm, por eso correremos un tupido velo para salvaguardar ambas reputaciones.
January 27, 2014
I am truly surprised how much I hated this film. It was silly, the performances were terrible and the truly awful part was the little blob with arms that ate the child and turned him into the gingerbread man? What the hell!
January 8, 2014
You can only truly appreciate the brilliance of this movie if you really know your fairy tales. See how many you can find woven into this movie.. its incredible!
Hayden L.
January 5, 2014
Enormously entertaining, funny, action packed. Ledger and Damon are amazing and surprisingly good as the title brothers, in short I really love this film!
February 9, 2008
Great movie... and kinda creepy too! Loved it!
May 25, 2010
The Brothers Grimm uses great ideas, fantastic actors, a very talented director, and ends completely flat, devoid of anything remotely intelligent. It is a shame and a disappointment to see Terry Gilliam create such a bland movie. It looks pretty, and tries hard to blend stories, but becomes a mish mash of all the famous fairy tales, and provides no real story or character development. Plainly put; it is a sad disappointment.
November 16, 2013
Great film, that shows plenty of Gilliams hallmarks. Played pick the fairy tale the whole way through
January 29, 2013
just fun stuff. but its obvious why this film has problems. I dont know, I still enjoyed it for what it was
November 9, 2013
Wow! the Hollywood machine got suckered into getting onboard this worm hole infested barge. It had big stars, big sets, and big promise. But the actors get off with big pay checks and leave the viewer to bale the bilge water. Does Terry Gilliam really want to take credit as the captain of this doomed vessel?
November 1, 2013
It has a lot to offer.
October 16, 2013
Typical Gilliam. Fantastical stories in darkened scenarios. Still somehow doesn't quite hit the mark.
October 12, 2013
Visualmente brillante e inevitablemente fallida a nivel narrativo.