32% The Other Woman Apr 25

—— The Soul Man: Season 3
—— Suburgatory: Season 3

The Bucket List Reviews

March 4, 2013
I don't care what critics say about this one. Both of the lead actors are awesome, as is this movie.
KT271
June 7, 2008
Not that great or funny...kind of lame.
October 5, 2013
High hopes (let down). Too slow. The redemption wasn't believable and the whole story seemed rather 'flat' and contrived. Maybe I expected too much. Could have used the idea for so much more - I expected more humor ala "Second-Hand Lions," but was left holding and empty bucket.
unicorn13077
October 5, 2013
It's the way I would choose live my life at the end. Loved it! I mean it's Jack and Morgan!
September 10, 2013
It's obvious, mushy, and not all that funny or dramatic. Also, I'm so sick of these unsubtle "opposites attract" relationships.
September 8, 2013
Not just a movie for old folks, but a movie for everyone to enjoy. I fell in love with it the first time I saw this. Both Freeman, and Nicholson give great performances. And the scenery involved is outstanding.
September 3, 2013
Death is always an interesting theme. How everybody gets ready for it, how they do funerals, how they feel about it. This movie shows two people who just have few months left. What do you do when you hear this? Well, usually people stay with their family. But these guys decide differently.

The theme of #yolo. Yes, yolo is more used by swaggy teenagers, but the true meaning of yolo is so much deeper. It's like "carpe diem" - seize the day, because it is not coming back. You only live once - so take most that you can with the thought that you want to reach old age and go into preparation for death with the knowledge that you did everyhing you wanted to do in life. And the main characters see that they cannot die peacefully - so much left undone.

Another important topic - family. One of the characters has family visitors every day, the other just has an assistant. Family is support and that is what Edward is looking for. He even starts taking care of Carter himself. Having no one except his assistant he starts caring for a total stranger. Carter on the other hand is trying to see what is it like to live without the family for the first time.

All in all, I really enjoyed watching this movie as the portrayal of how to do everything you ever wanted to do in your life because of looming death around the corner makes you think. Maybe it's high time to cross something out of our lists before it's to late and without rushing.
davidmturberville
August 17, 2013
What a great performance - everyone should look at life like this; after all life is but a short time here on Earth; make the best of it.
March 17, 2012
Strong performances from its leads doesn't make up for its story that has has been told too many times.
Matthew A. Robinson
August 2, 2013
This is certainly not a movie to add to your bucket list, but in the end, I still enjoyed this film immensely, sharing some heart-breaking laughs with the two incredible movie stars.
June 18, 2008
Grandpa melodrama, worthwhile b/c of the performances of Freeman & especially Nicholson.
July 10, 2013
Entretenida, pero no cambia tu vida (como muchos dicen). Le pongo 2 estrellas a la verga
rodjeckrich
June 29, 2013
I like Nicholson and Freeman, they have good chemistry here. The Bucket List is schmaltzy and is too generic but the leads make it sort of work.
June 26, 2013
The Bucket List gives good messages about serious matters such as death with great chemistry from Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
January 6, 2013
While I was watching Michael Haneke's "Amour", I started thinking back other movies about the nature of death that I had seen. One of them was Rob Reiner's "The Bucket List". It stars Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman as cancer patients Edward and Carter, who become friends in the hospital. After Carter hears he has less than a year to live, he and Edward go on a trip around the globe together to have some fun before Carter "kicks the bucket", meaning before he dies.

There are movies that you watch when you're young and think they're awesome, and watch them again when you're older and still like them, though you've started to see the faults. The Bucket List represents the exact opposite. I saw it some 4 years ago, when I still didn't watch too many films and didn't understand much about them. I thought it was pretty good back then, but what about now?

To watch The Bucket List now is a quite nerve-racking experience. As beautifully as Roger Ebert put it, this film has nothing to do with dying of cancer. The film prettifies the theme of death so badly it soon turns repulsive. Edward and Carter go skydiving, climb up Mt. Everest and drive motorcycles on the Great Wall of China, among other things. Would these things be involved in your "bucket list" if you were lying in your death bed? Meanwhile they also have pseudo-profound conversations about subjects like family and faith, and Carter tries to make Edward reunite with his estranged daughter. The sentimentality is effusive, and the viewer is feeling sick.

The only positive thing I can possibly say of the film is Nicholson and Freeman. Not their performances, because they're just playing themselves again, but they do have chemistry in some scenes. I still hope they'd do some more remarkable films while they're still alive. But you can't really blame them for doing this film. Both actors have had the ups and downs of their careers, won their Oscars and now they can do whatever they want.

Every human being dies at some point of their lives. It is a fact so clear that we shouldn't be lied about it. The Bucket List makes you think dying can be fun and you can remain distant from your family and treatment and instead go doing deadly things like skydiving. I don't know, maybe the film just tries to tell us not to be too afraid of dying, but the way it tells this message with clichés and sentimentality, it's not really uplifting or thoughtful. The Bucket List is yet another American schmaltzy comedy-drama that tries to be something very moving and profound, but ends up being an intolerable experience and a total waste of time.
June 10, 2013
This movie was amazing. I don't want to give anything away, but there is no action, explosions or anything of that sort. Its really about dying... The acting and writing is original and beautiful. I just wish this movie was longer. I recommend this for mature audiences just for the appreciation of the subject matter.
June 10, 2013
Warm comedy that has a little too much man-to-man drama talk, but the seasoned actors pull it off as best as possible. The movie is rather basic and fun with what I thought was a somewhat obvious ending. I give it the rating I did because Jack and Morgan meshed so well together.
dragon19711
June 7, 2013
Two great actors in one great movie. My wife and I loved it.
prabh_3
January 27, 2008
i am suprised at looking at the production budget and the prints produced for this movie.The movie is not all that enigmatic and is just for people who are about to retire.all in all,it is just naive
June 5, 2013
Even though the performances were fantastic, the script ruined the movie.