43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

Bulletproof Monk Reviews

Directors Cat
Directors Cat

February 13, 2012
I felt a stabbing pain watching this movie. I had dark hole expectations watching it and I was still dissapointed. Bulletproof Monk is the biggest Americanisation of the eastern action movie i've ever seen. Seann William Scott has only ever been funny in Role Models. Yung kicks ass but unfortunately the rest doesn't. Especially the ridiculous non-existent plot.
Conner R

May 28, 2010
What a weird movie, it's a modern kung-fu fantasy/comedy. While that's pretty brave to attempt to make that plot work, it just wasn't executed properly and it just didn't have enough personality. I think what makes it work the most is the buddy cop antics between Seann William Scott and Chow Yun Fat, aside from that it falls pretty flat.
KJ P

March 10, 2010
I really enjoyed this corny action movie, and I wish that it was longer than it was, and improved on it's little flaws, because I really wanted to love this one, but I still really liked it!
Anthony L

October 2, 2009
What a load of bollocks. I quite like the idea and I really liked Chow Yun Fat in it but the direction, acting and supporting cast are all awful. This is a wasted opportunity, made by complete idiots!
Coxxie M

June 5, 2009
even the title is so incredibly stupid
arashxak
arashxak

July 27, 2008
I expected this to be at least entertaining but it's pure crap in every aspect, Such a waste of time
Luke B

June 25, 2008
The usual east meets west action comedy. Inventive fight sequences just about outweigh the predictable culture confusion jokes. Chow Yun Fat is superb, relishing every moment of comedy and action he is handed. From his facial expressions to his delivery of the lines he gets the role down perfectly. Sean William Scott continues to play himself but acts a bit tougher to varying degrees of success. Nazi bad guys is just a further illustration of how uninspired the majority of this film is. Want a bad guy? Get a Nazi. Nobody likes Nazis.
Al S

January 22, 2008
A tremendously exciting and adreniline-pumping action-packed adventure filled with breathtaking martial arts sequences and teriffic humor. Sean William Scott and Chow Yun-fat are fantastic, they have such compelling chemistry that shows in their performances developing a great sense of humor and charisma. Smart, funny, visually engaging and absolutely exhilerating. Wonderful entertainment.
Rachel F

November 16, 2007
This is a pretty good movie. It's funny, but the storyline is actually kind of dramatic. I liked it.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

October 28, 2007
very very good it is very funny and stupid and action packed but really really good
Emily A

July 15, 2007
This was kind of amusing, but too bogged down with cliche to be truly unique and enjoyable. Seann Williams Scott and Chow Yun Fat have this great, inexplicable chemistry, but Jamie King should have been recast. Not without its charm, but not that great.
Dean !

May 28, 2007
An ok action film with some good martial arts fights and SFX, but nothing amazing here.
garyX
garyX

March 11, 2007
Chow Yun Fat oozes charisma, but the script writers really should throw him a bone here...the ludicrous plot and annoying sidekicks scupper any chance he had to make something of this puerile rubbish.
Jason S

December 27, 2006
I liked it but it was nothing like the comic book it was based on.
deano
deano

October 23, 2006
Cool flurry of high-flying acrobatics, martial arts action and quick-witted humour in this movie based from comic book. (Disappointed it has no English substitles)
Roy G

October 22, 2006
A mess from start to finish.
stevetheman1236
stevetheman1236

August 15, 2011
The premise is ridiculous, the characters are paper thin, the plot is preposterous, but the over-the-top silliness of the film makes it a very watchable popcorn flick.
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 15, 2010
I liked this movie because it has two great actors in it, Sean William Scott and Chow Yun Fat really make this movie interesting. Though I was a little disappointed with some of the fight scenes because they were a tad too extreme/unreal for me. Otherwise a good story and good acting.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

December 10, 2009
The storyline was weak but the action, on the other hand, was good to watch. If you're a fan of Chow Yun Fat, then this one is one for you; there are plenty of action sequences with him. He plays a monk with the duty to protect a secret powerful scroll that the bad guys want.

Seann William Scott (Stiffler forever), is the fast talking funny American who Chow takes a liking to.

It is light movie that is great entertainment if you allow it to be!