Burlesque Reviews

November 22, 2010
The movie seems to be amazing, I gotta watch it with my dance clothes on.
August 1, 2015
Where are you from ? It is an amazing movie with an amazing cast and 2 of the greatest voices ever! To say it is Campy, Cliched and Bad, shows a lack of knowledge, taste and the ability to see inside of a story and how the audience can walk away feeling. This is one of the best Movies ever!
July 26, 2015
I wasn't interested at first in watching this because it was to me a pop music style of Chicago without the jail of course especially since other movies in which popstars have acted in don't always come off good for example Sarah from Girls Aloud wasn't that good in St. Trinians 2 to me.

So when a friend told me to watch the film after having buying the dvd I borrowed it and I must say I was surprised by the film, it was fun to watch the music was great and the songs were amazing especially Bound to You, You Haven't Seen the Last of Me and Tough Lover which make use of Cher and Christina Aguilera's powerful vocals, so I gave this film a 5/5 review.
½ July 5, 2015
THIS MOVIE IS FANTASTIC
½ April 25, 2015
Not quite as revealing as the name might suggest, but it's a good-natured, commercially predictable hard-times story.
April 23, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ November 22, 2010
Historia simple y obvia pero con excelentes musicales
March 17, 2015
Entertainment at it's finest.
½ January 7, 2012
Good music and not too bad of a movie.
March 3, 2015
Great entertainment! :) And incredible Christina Aguilera! :) I can never have enough of her amazing voice! :)
February 23, 2015
I absolutely LOVED the movie and the performances. Watching the performances alone made the movie worth while. I watch it over and over all the time.
January 30, 2015
While I used to be a big fan of Burlesque, I know realize how much of a stupid and cliche film it is. Small town girl with big dreams who wants to [fill in the blank]? Check. She's talented? Check. It all sounds too familiar. But what makes the film really bad is that there's no conflict for Ali (Christina) to overcome. She immediately comes in and has all the talent already. And she doesn't have an identity crisis about working in a dump and stripper version of broadway vs the dreams she had before. No, that would be good. Here we get her ass being kissed for the entire run-time. With that being said, the films strong aspects is Christina and Cher, they're just perfect together, and the music is really great, especially You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me. Also, the whole worry of them closing the business was handled in one scene. This could have happened days ago, it literally took two seconds to do and they wait last minute? Burlesque could have been fun and exciting, but its too reminiscent of Moulin Rouge's glamour and its plot is practically nowhere.
½ December 1, 2014
Burlesque isn't a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination. It's just completely irrelevant. It might be touching, sincere, and even a little funny, but those are qualities of the genre and the clichés through which the film is built, not the results of any imaginative strokes of genius or bucking of the system on the writer/director's part. Cher and Christian Aguilera -- along with a very good supporting cast -- make the movie worth a watch, but at two hours it's just too long and even the sex appeal wears off by film's end. It's a movie with its heart in the right place; just don't expect anything new.
November 13, 2014
In my view, after watching Berlesque, mind in dream would be completely change.
First, I strongly believe that Berlesque is the best story.
Singing, dancing, acting and romance are in this story. Heroin's name is Ali who has terrific voice and dreams performer. Ali experiences many things by rival and love. If you want be performer, you can identify with Ali. You can also learn that difficulties to be performer , surrounding of singer or artist. You can watch Ali's growth in this movie. Sometime you can move, sometime your heart be heat.
Second, wonderful casts.
Heroin is Christina Aguilera who is powerful singer of the USA. She dot many prizes with her voice that can take out 4 octaves. One more heroin is Cher who is singer and actress of the USA. She got Academy award and Grammy award that are top prize in the movies and in the music.
Finally, it has a lot of fans!
Some fans said "It's absolutely dazzling! This has to be one of the best musical of the past decade. The musical number are phenomenal, the costumes are fabulous, and Christina is just marvelous. Her acting was good, her dancing was on point and what can I say about her voice?" and "Berlesque is awesome! It's pure entertainment. Singing, dancing, acting, romance - oh my! The cast is wonderful!"
But one of a fan said "Poor quality and constant buffering made it difficult to enjoy the movie."
However, it just few people. More than people acclaim it.
If you watch this movie, you can make an effort for your dream.
October 20, 2014
it took me 4 years to watch it but yeah i liked it. good for a girly night or a duvet day :)
August 31, 2014
I loved this movie so much, I can't even explain it. Cher is a fucking queen<3
December 18, 2010
Entertaining, but too much lip syncing by all involved, and far too much fake cher. Plot barely held together.
November 23, 2010
A bit underwhelmed by the songs despite good vocals throughout. Glitzy but not rich in the Luhrmann vein. What they really needed was a Broadway/Nashville songwriter.
½ July 24, 2011
A stylised remake of "Coyote Ugly". Predictable and with a very simple plot. Christine and Cher are not selling points.
June 22, 2014
Love it! both Cher and Christina were amazing! love it!