Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe Reviews

June 29, 2013
A great blast of an adventure. It's absolutely a wonderful time on the television set with this great prequel to one of the USA Networks best shows, Burn Notice. The shows star, Jeffrey Donovan directs this special made-for tv movie that delivers the shows trademark of dark humor, crisp action and smarts. A thrilling, funny, action-packed and very entertaining movie. Bruce Campbell is perfect, he returns to one of his most popular characters past, bringing lots of fun and energy to the role and showing he is having a great time with this story.
½ September 13, 2011
SNL: "What is Burn Notice?"

"Is it a reality show about sunglasses?"
stevetheman1236
½ August 16, 2011
This is, in my opinion, the best made-for-TV movie I have ever seen. Bruce Campbell is perfect in this kind of role.
½ November 29, 2011
½ May 13, 2011
Wasnt sure if a film solely based on Sams character could be good enough to entertain all the way thru, but it did.
It was good to see the back story on how Sam ended up out of the Navy Seals, how he ended up in Miami, and of course, where he got the alias Chuck Finley from.

A short cameo by Michael Westen didnt make it into just another Burn Notice episode & allowed the movie to centre on Sam instead.

Quite enjoyed it. Must see for any BN fans
March 6, 2012
Loved it because Bruce Campbell was in it, and I love him! This is a great backstory of a character on Burn Notice. Would recommend to fans of the show.
February 15, 2012
I'm a huge fan of the show Burn Notice but this movie doesn't quite capture the feel of the show that I love so much. Bruce Campbell is awesome but the movie seems to go more for the corny humor of some of his other movies than the vibe of the show. Some of the acting by the supporting cast is a little weak as well. Still though, if you're a fan of the show this movie gives you a good prequel to how Sam Axe ended up in Miami.
½ May 21, 2015
Really bad, but its a TV movie, so don't expect all that.
October 19, 2013
It was great to learn more about an integral member of Mike's team and closest friend. The movie was just a little on the cheesey side, but that did not detract from the overall effect. I am a Bruce Campbel fan and a Jeffrey Donovan fan. I am also a big fan of the seies 'Burn Notice' maybe explaining why I loved this movie.
January 29, 2013
Acting: 3/5
Story: 3/5
Perception: 3/5

A film mostly intended for Burn Notice aficionados. The entire picture is done in a 'Sam Axe' style, which at times can be humorously forced. But in the end it isn't that bad.
½ February 19, 2013
Strictly for fans of the show, and of Bruce Campbell. So this has to get a recommendation from me.
August 29, 2011
The best Bruce Campbell movie since Bubba Hotep, and one of his better films period. It sticks to the standard action-drama formula, but Bruce is front and center and really shines. This is one of the best made for TV films I've ever seen, and worth viewing for Burn Notice fans. If you're not a big Bruce Campbell or Burn Notice fan, you'll probably still enjoy the film, though maybe not on the same level.
½ August 1, 2012
Based of the series Burn Notice, this film is a lot of fun and probably will only to those familiar to the series and the character of Sam Axe. Bruce Campell is funny and engaging in this made for TV movie. Despite its corny humor and somewhat implausible plot, its a whole lot of fun. Entertaining and full-filling this is a satisfying portrayal of Sam Axe.
April 24, 2012
For a Burn Notice fan, this is a must-see!
½ February 29, 2012
Corny TV action drama, watch it if you have spare time only
September 3, 2011
So good. If you're a Burn Notice (TELEVISION SERIES) fan, then don't let this 'made for tv' movie evade your radar. It's funny and warm hearted but an old school action film to compliment one of my favourite TV shows of the last decade.
½ August 26, 2011
Being a huge fan of the series I really wanted to like this movie, I didnt.