Movies Like The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations Reviews

Nicki M

August 5, 2009
For a third movie, it wasn't bad. Better than the second one by a long shot. Doesn't always make sense, but stands alone fine with enough happening to keep it interesting. Rachel Miner is pretty good as Jenna. I didn't see the ending coming either. A good twist. Heaven help me, I would continue to watch these if they keep making them. Needless to say, the first was the best, though.
Lady D

April 5, 2009
More of an installment than a sequel as the same method of time travel applies, but to a new person.

It's far from flawless in acting and parts of the storyline, but it does appeal to my interest in Serial Killers, combine that with time travel and it made for enjoyable viewing.
Coxxie M

October 2, 2009
Oh my god. you know how every t.v. show of the last ten years has that character who just walks into a room and interrupts two characters conversation by saying "OH. MY. A-GODD." while this is undeniably hilarious, there is usually nothing very shocking to provoke it. its usually like, a white guy kissing a black girl, or a set of mysterious car keys on the kitchen table. but this time, its fur-realz. i saw this movie, and i said it like Hanna Montana's best friend says it.
Unfortunately, i don't care enough to write about it, and its likely this will never be read anyway. so ill just talk about Sam's psychic teacher or whatever. this guy is based on real-life people who claim to perform magic but never show you any tricks, play alot of call of duty and criticize skinny peoples cooking. but this is helpful for Sam cause no matter how many people he kills with his time-morphing, this guy will still be at home eating cream-horns and watching Robot Chicken on his computer. he is the least significant movie character since "down syndrome kid #4" in the ringer. im just glad this movie had enough balls to mold that character after my 4th grade recorder teacher. he looks like the comic book guy from the simpsons. ok, shit. thats all. im not typing another word.
3niR
3niR

June 23, 2010
Okay, I did predicted the ending a bit (like who the killer was), but falling in love? That was unthinkable (although I predicted it too because of her behavior but didn't expected it to be there). I think this was better than the second one. But the plot was completely different. Liked the happy ending with tiny bit mystery in it.
Sophie B

December 11, 2010
Much better than the second but still not great. It turned to the horror genre to get people to watch and although it had a great twist it still isn't as good as the first. A good watch but not something to shout about.
Japes
Japes

December 5, 2010
Stupid, stupid, stupid movie. I wasn't a fan of the original Butterfly Effect with Kutcher, but this movie was on and I thought hey, why not?

The movie is about a guy named Sam, who is able to time travel. When his house gets caught on fire, and his sister dies, Sam travels back in time to save his sister. However because he saves his sister, his parents end up dying. Then later his girlfriend dies and he tries to travel back in time to save her, but it gets confusing so I'll stop there.

The entire plot is just so dumb, and it's so unclear. The guy time travels, but has to be in a bathtub full of ice water. Why? I have no idea. Either I missed the part where they explained that, or the movie never mentioned it. Also, the entire part about his house catching on fire doesn't make sense either. The whole thing was just so complex and stupid. I didn't even try to understand what was going on.

Thankfully, the end clears up a few things, but not much. I'm still left saying "Wtf?". It's a pretty pointless movie. Don't watch it.
Dean !

April 5, 2009
The 3rd in the Butterfly effect series. This straight to DVD film is pretty good and better than I expected. This time a guy uses the power to solve murders for the police, but can he just observe when it comes to his own girlfriends death? A good plot, if you like a thriller involving a serial killer theme or the other films you should like this. Quite bloody in some scenes, and you'll be pleased if you work out who the killer is before the end, I did! lol
thefog1331
thefog1331

April 12, 2009
Fast paced and mostly interesting but its problems lie in the fact that all the pieces don't fit together by the end leaving you wondering if you missed something or the script had holes.
puffchunk
puffchunk

April 5, 2009
I was pretty bored to watch this one. Even lamer than 2. I will say I didn't have the killer pegged like I thought I did, but I don't think it's enough to make this movie worth anything.
ascordeiro108
ascordeiro108

January 21, 2011
A bit better than the second one, but still not good.
Rodrigo R

November 10, 2011
Better than the second, but not better than the first.
It is interesting history, but is lost on many occasions.
DrLappos
DrLappos

May 17, 2009
Although there are quite a few parts of this that are confusing and not very well explained overall it is a great film. The ending was unexpected and the acting was brilliant. Cool premis and good to see his apparent descent into confusion and maddness as he tries tro get his head around time shifting....
Erin C

June 2, 2009
The ending was really shocking. I definitely didn't see that coming. A lot better than the second one, but I still liked the first one better.
John2223
John2223

March 10, 2009
Well-plotted and thrilling puzzle with some gory death scenes.
If you are a fan of the original, check this and ignore the awful 2nd installment. This tries to do something different by adding the element of a serial killer.
mvieaddict
mvieaddict

April 5, 2009
I saw the first movie of the series with Ashton Kutchner, which was pretty good, I have not seen the second one, but seeing the rates I guess it was a disaster and I don't think that this one could be better.

Butterfly Effect 3 has nothing to do with the first movie, except the "going back" thing. There is no back story, there is no introduction of the characters, there is some confusing plot, that revolves around time travel. Basically, Butterfly Effect: Revelation strikes right into the middle of the story. cutting away all that was good about the first movie.

If you really want to get the most out of the Butterfly Effect, watch the first movie. Trust me, you won't miss a thing.
January 21, 2012
Have I ever mentioned that I REALLY hate it when a "sequel" has nothing to do with the original movie? Because, I do. And actually, this movie commits the even bigger offense of basically ripping off the entire first movie and using a different, less well-known, considerably less talented cast of actors. I don't know why I sat through this entire film, but I shouldn't have bothered.
February 12, 2011
Chris Carmak stars as the time traveler.. Trying to solve the case of an ex girlfriend?s murder.
Was ok but no surprise who the actual killer is, & if that was suppose to be a twist? SOO NOT twisted.
The only thing good about the Movie is the eye candy of Chris Carmack & a familiar Face Rachel Miner who played Meg (the demon) IN supernatural D
mattpaceace
September 9, 2009
I liked this one and the other Butterfly Effect movies. This one keeps you guessing till the end of the movie. It was a very surprising ending too. Not real scary but good for a low budget horror movie. So far the best of three 8 films to die for III movies that I've seen. The other two I seen where really bad. I give this one four stars ****.
Hamee
August 27, 2009
I like this one because it incorporates the main idea of the first movie without trying to be a carbon copy minus the star cast. I didn't like the fact that it was completely predictable with a complete lack of surprise in the plot twists. Not really very mind bending, but not too corny either.
August 1, 2014
I think its silly that they can take concepts like this and make mediocre films out of them, and then sequels, and then the put the third one on a horror collection that your forced to watch.