Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins Reviews

February 16, 2007
A nice way to keep the character going without the rest of the cast from the movies.
½ August 30, 2008
It's very rare for Disney to cash in on anything so I was surprised at how enjoyable this was. It still follows basic Disney characterisation: Team Lightyear consists of heroic and brave Buzz, spunky red-headed female, big, clumsy and lovable red guy and a comedic robot. And Agent Z's true identity will shock nobody. And yet for all of this it does have a charm and I did find myself smiling. It cannot touch the Toy Story films but it's still an above-par Disney STV.
½ October 30, 2011
This direct to video movie essentially worked as the pilot for what became "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: the Series". The movie, and the show, are basically meant to be the show that the Buzz toy from the original Toy Story movie is supposed to be the action figure of. And you know what? For a direct to video cash-in its pretty solid kids entertainment.
½ February 21, 2006
I liked this and the series, when it was on in the early moring. I remember watching tons of re-runs of this. I recently watched this movie, which brought back many memories.
May 18, 2010
This a movie that I remember from when I was little, and I also remember the series that later followed. I used to watch it all the time, and I used to love watching it come on everyday! It always made me wonder what it would be like if that could actually happen to somebody where their life is dedicated to saving all of space.
½ June 17, 2008
This was a fairly well-done animated movie spinoff.

Nice to hear Tim Allen as Buzz again. The story was really fleshed out and had me really interested in the TV Show. Too bad it didn't live up.
December 20, 2007
The dynamic star of TOY STORY and TOY STORY 2 stars in his own adventure. Buzz Lightyear and his three interstellar partners Mira Nova, Booster, and XR must race to stop the evil Emperor Zurg from attacking the planet of the Little Green Men and taking over the universe. Family fun to infinity and beyond.
August 2, 2007
Absolutely hilarious, much better than you would think by looking at it. Really some comedic gold in there and some awesome bad guy lines too *grin*
½ March 26, 2007
this has nothing to do with toystory other than buzz lightyear. fun saturday morning cartoon style movie.
½ February 8, 2007
A fun movie, but I think I like Patrick Warburton (did Buzz's voice on the cartoon) better than Tim Allen in this one.
½ September 3, 2014
worth watching and a worthy series, not the best out there, but an improvement on any of the shows airing now.
April 13, 2014
Colorful voice work and animation make a surprisingly entertaining family film.
September 28, 2012
Corta, pero interesante, debido a su buena historia e interpretación de los personajes. En algunos aspectos pudo haber sido mejor, pero igual no me decepcionó.
December 31, 2012
many highs and many lows. This is for uber fans of toy story.
½ November 17, 2012
Sometimes irritating, however it is nice.
October 30, 2012
Even though Tim Allen and Nicole Sullivan are a warm welcome, the plot feels weak at times, the screenplay feels uninspired, and it tends to be silly in what should be serious moments.
July 17, 2012
Only because Adam Carolla is Commander Nebula.
½ February 28, 2012
A creative movie based on the classic Toy Story character
February 18, 2012
It's okay, considering it's a spinoff.