Cadillac Records Reviews

June 16, 2015
Cadillac Records [US, 2008] Something blues and rock n roll fans will find hard to hate. 6/10
April 15, 2009
Some rough moments in this one, but it covers a time period and music scene that I was quite interested in learning more about...
Robbanflix
March 2, 2009
A drama / music movie with the great actor Adrien Brody. He did an incredible role with the "Pianist" so i had to see what he could achieve in this flick and the result did not let me down. Good performance once again and so did the other cast members. This is a true story based movie about the rise of Cadillac Records in Chicago back in the 50s'. Blues / Rock N Roll with famous Chuck Berry and many other ones which im not quite familiar with. Im not really into this kind of music actually but i found it very enjoyable like i did with "Walk The Line". Overall a well made movie and nice to see and learn more of the music industry when the big boys had their hits.
November 16, 2014
Well, until now my knowledge of Muddy Waters and Etta James was very limited and now I know a lot more so this film did it's job. Not a bad film, not really my type of music but I enjoyed the film nonetheless.
December 8, 2009
I am not a fan of this kind of music but it was still good
February 16, 2012
awesome period piece
½ May 2, 2014
The subject is interesting and it could have been great. Unfortunately it is not.
½ April 5, 2014
Really enjoyable movie biopic, excellent soundtrack!
½ December 1, 2008
The cast was great in this. Some true stories are horribly sad and this is one of them.
December 6, 2008
Mos Def as Chuck Berry...I'm There
February 14, 2009
chicago... in the 50's...
what else do we want?
May 30, 2013
I've seen the movie a million times its lovely
May 11, 2013
The story of chess records - chess pays his successful artists in cadillacs. Excellent movie focussing mainly on Leonard chess' relationships with his powerhouse blues stars, muddy waters, little Walter, howlin wolf , chuck berry and etta James. Authentically set, well acted, and worth it in any case for the music alone. Essential viewing for real rock and roll music fans.
January 30, 2013
It was okay.. I seen better musical movies. Beyonce was okay she is fit more for musicals than real acting.
½ December 31, 2012
just now what i was expecting...very slow
½ December 13, 2012
Movie seems like a TV movie with a couple great performances. Adrian Brody is good, but seems to be just going through the motions. The standout here is Jeffrey Wright, on of the mos6 underrated actors out there. He is great as Muddy Waters. The movie starts going downhill with the appearance of Beyonce. She is okay, but she is no Etta James, who is? She sounds like Beyonce singing Etta James songs. Overall, not bad, but could have been better.
November 18, 2012
Interesting as a story but as a movie it had problems with pacing.
November 2, 2012
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the music this movie is about. Legends like Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Etta James, and Chuck Berry are handled very well and with a lot of love. This is highly fictionalized though. Not a very accurate portrayal, but it does serve as a nice introduction to the roots of American popular music.
½ October 29, 2012
Beyonce Knowles really steals the show by portraying singer Etta James, who just passed away this past January. She really emodies the heart and soul of the now late musician. Even Mos Def portrayed Chuck Berry perfectly. This movie should have been made years ago, but I'm glad it was made because it showed the truth about who the real king of rock and roll is (not Elvis Presley). This biopic has so many terrific performances, but Beyonce's performance really stood out. So, this review is dedicated to the now late, legendary Etta James. At last.
October 6, 2012
Truly love this movie only on the fact that it is pure with heart.