40% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

Cadillac Records Reviews

hunterjt13
hunterjt13

August 12, 2012
A white record producer signs African-American musicians, and together the foundations of rock n roll are formed.
I suppose the lesson of this biopic is that when one isn't racist in a racist world, one stands to benefit. That is the only discernible advantage that Leonard Chess (Adrien Brody) has over others, yet we don't know enough about Chess or why he is as he is.
A commonality among these characters is their penchant for extramarital sex, but Chuck Berry's prison sentence notwithstanding, this behavior doesn't make a plot-driving point or a matter of serious conflict.
In the end, Cadillac Records is a music film, with the race relations subplot only tangential, so whether or not you like this film with depend upon whether you like the musical performances by Jeffrey Wright as Muddy Waters, Mos Def as Chuck Berry, and Beyonce Knowles as Etta James. I thought they were good, but I'm not a great judge.
Overall, the plot of this film doesn't do a lot - an odd combination of social commentary about 50s race relations and interpersonal affairs - but those of you who like the origins of rock n roll might find the performances, if not the story, compelling.
August 6, 2012
Me declaro culpable. Imposible que sea imparcial con esta pelicula. La historia de Chess records, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Chuck Berry, Willie Dixon, Hubert Sumlin, Etta James... puff, para ver/escuchar bien fuerte.
July 22, 2012
The story is mostly fiction and they completely write Bo Diddley out of the Chess records story. Nonetheless, the portrayals of Muddy Waters and Leonard Chess and the others are fantastic. The musical performances in this film are some of the best.
June 20, 2012
Not a bad movie but there is times were it gets sort of boring. I thought everyone did good as far as acting goes. It is cool movie about some very good singers back in the day and the struggles they went through in their career. Actually most of them were musical legends like Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Even the great Chuck Berry. Cadillac Records is a tale of sex and rock n roll along with violence and race. It shows their careers in Chicago in the 50's and 60's. If you liked some of them singers then you will defanatly enjoy Cadillac Records. It is not the greatest movie about the life of singers but it's still worth the watch.
June 17, 2012
Really Great movie! Acting was surprisingly well performed.
June 2, 2012
Filme fantástico que conta um pouco da historia de grandes nomes do Blues e do Rock
May 27, 2012
I thought this movie was really interesting
May 26, 2012
Good Movie, but there is a lot of cursing.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

March 26, 2009
If you take the ride, you must pay the price.

Good but not so great. Cadillac Records is narrated by songwriter Willie Dixon played by Cedric the Entertainer. The film needs a narrator to compensate for the lack of a strong story arc. Nonetheless, Cadillac Records is worth seeing for the music and the recreation of a bygone era. Just don't expect any drama that will knock your socks off!

In this tale of sex, violence, race, and rock and roll in 1950s Chicago, "Cadillac Records" follows the exciting but turbulent lives of some of America's musical legends, including Muddy Waters, Leonard Chess, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Etta James and Chuck Berry.
May 13, 2012
Good portrayal of the era
December 2, 2008
love , love , love this move I just love Etta James songs
April 20, 2012
Good history of the records business and what the artists perceived they were getting, often to their detriment.
April 17, 2012
After watching this oddly unfocused film, I feel like I've been on an express train through black Chicago of the 50ies and 60ies but am not sure what it was about: music, the recording industry, rock n' roll, or Cadillacs? Would have preferred to stay with and follow one person than having the whole gang to contend with. Some amazing character work by the cast and, of course, a fabulous soundtrack. Add a star if you like vintage Cadillacs.
valykiss92
September 10, 2011
Beyoncé - All I Could Do Is Cry
Etta James - At Last
April 15, 2012
this is a awesome movie.
April 12, 2012
I thought the movie was overall pretty good. I think they played up Beyonce way too much for that movie and I dont think she did such a great job. The actors that played Lynn and Muddy were AWESOME!!!
April 10, 2012
plot good...acting nice...soundtrack AWESOME
April 4, 2012
prima send me this movie
March 31, 2012
Decent rock n roll movie.
March 31, 2012