90% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Café Metropole Reviews

AJ V

November 6, 2010
Although this movie was funny for the most part, and had some surprising moments, in the end it's predictable. This is an okay movie, and the actors do a good job, but I think it could have been better, especially the ending.
KevinRobbins
June 23, 2013
You have two choices, either make love to the charming girl or spend two years in prison.

Alexis is an American in Paris who is charming but broke. One night he loses $10,000 and bounces a check trying to pay his debts. The owner of the casino offers Alexis a deal, help steal the money of a Russian princess or go to jail. Alexis is left with no choice, help steal the money; the problem, he falls in love with the princess.

"You are unquestionably the greatest man in Paris."
"I've never denied it, sir."

Edward Griffith, director of Holiday, No More Ladies, The Animal Kingdom, The Sky's the Limit, Virginia, Alias the Lone Wolf, Bad Company, and White Mice, delivers Café Mertopole. The storyline for this picture is very interesting. The plot is a bit predictable but reminded me a little of Roman Holiday. The cast delivers excellent performances and includes Tyrone Power, Loretta Young, and Adolphe Menjou.

"He is nice...and that's what I don't like about him."

I DVR'd this picture off Turner Classic Movies (TCM) because it stars the magnificent Tyrone Power. I have been a huge face of Tyrone Power for some time and found this performance excellent. The movie isn't perfect but the characters are fascinating and well developed. I recommend seeing this picture but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection.

"I want a roasted eagle."

Grade: B